Care to share which ship is your favorite

@Cruisin'cockney what did you think of the Pride of Aloha before she became the Norwegian Sky again??

She was the NCL Sky, reflagged as Pride of Aloha, then reflagged internationally as the Sky again.

I sailed on the Sky to Alaska, and Pride of Aloha in Hawaii. As the Sky, it was ok.

As Pride of Aloha, with an American Crew, service wasn't the same as an international ship.

However, the Hawaiian experience was phenominal. Each morning we awoke at a different island---each with a flavor of its own. A cruise of this sort was the best way to visit Hawaii. The ship was a floating hotel/restaurant.

If I return to Hawaii, I'd like to fly to Maui & stay there for a while.

The JEWEL seems to be our favorite at the moment, because of the professionalism of the staff and the way they all seem happy and go above and beyond. :)

Yes the Jewel for us too, for all the same reasons.:)

I still love the Majesty as that was the ship that introduced me to NCL. It was a great smaller ship with an excellent crew. Most recently, I would vote the Dawn as my favorite ship. I found the ship to be very user friendly, very beautiful, and they have the friendliest crew at sea. However, I tend to agree with the post that states "whichever ship I am onboard at the moment". :)

Favorite NCL ships...

Best Overall = NORWEGIAN EPIC

You can't go wrong on the EPIC. It really does have something for everyone regarding food and entertainment options. I love the nightlife onboard. It works out really well. :)

Best Decor & Smaller Ship = NORWEGIAN SPIRIT

You cannot beat the Asian influenced decor. The attention to detail on this would get any artists attention. The ship is truly an Oriental wonder and I love her decor. Her layout is also quite nice and flows smoothly. The show ELEMENTS is also quite good! It's unique to the Spirit. :)

Loved, loved, loved the Sun. It was our first cruise and I suspect that we will Love, love, love the Star also.

The Sun was just the right size for our first cruise. The crew was great, we thought the food was good and we found the ship very clean. :)

Any ship that crosses the Atlantic, with us in an aft cabin, is good. The smaller the better.

However, we are emotionally attached to the Sun. She was our very first home at sea, and she's got to be our favorite, ahead of the Jewel. And she'll take us to Copenhagen next spring. Gem is OK; did not like the Dawn. She's got the T-Rex pool and play area aft instead of the Great Outdoors buffet.

I really need to try some of these ships! Alot of people love the Epic, Spirit & Sun; unless I'm wrong havent seen a Jade fan? lol

We liked the Jade - good layout and fantastic spa. I think most of the jewel class ships are similar. The Jade has been in Europe for awhile and one of the reasons you may not be hearing much about it is its Hawaiian decor from its Pride of Hawaii beginning. All the Hawaiian flowers and art and tiki type statues are a bit odd in Europe. But still a nice ship.

We liked the Jade - good layout and fantastic spa. I think most of the jewel class ships are similar. The Jade has been in Europe for awhile and one of the reasons you may not be hearing much about it is its Hawaiian decor from its Pride of Hawaii beginning. All the Hawaiian flowers and art and tiki type statues are a bit odd in Europe. But still a nice ship.

interesting I did not know that, do u think they will bring back the Jade to the states anytime soon?

That's weird... they got rid of her hull art but left the interior the same. I wonder if they'll be changing that during her newly scheduled drydock? Hmm.. thoughts to ponder! The Norwegian Sky still had some of the Hawaiian influence inside but her outside still showcases it as well. :cool:

That's weird... they got rid of her hull art but left the interior the same. I wonder if they'll be changing that during her newly scheduled drydock? Hmm.. thoughts to ponder! The Norwegian Sky still had some of the Hawaiian influence inside but her outside still showcases it as well. :cool:

I really think they should change Sky's hull art to something more like clouds

I like her hull art actually with the flowers. They are quite pretty and make her the prettiest ship calling on the Bahamas. I wouldn't know what they should paint on it otherwise really because the Sky shouldn't have clouds on it. It's meant to be a sunny good weather type of thing and well painting the ship sky blue wouldn't make sense either.

I like her hull art actually with the flowers. They are quite pretty and make her the prettiest ship calling on the Bahamas. I wouldn't know what they should paint on it otherwise really because the Sky shouldn't have clouds on it. It's meant to be a sunny good weather type of thing and well painting the ship sky blue wouldn't make sense either.

Thts true, lol

When we sailed on the Sky it didn't have any hull art. Then they moved the Sky to Hawaii and it became the Pride of Aloha, and was redecorated in a Hawaiian theme and that's when she got her hull art. That might also explain some of the lounge names (Outrigger, and so on.)

And now that she is no longer the Pride of Aloha, and back to being the Sky, it's probably soon time for another make over.

Where is Ty Pennington?:)

interesting I did not know that, do u think they will bring back the Jade to the states anytime soon?

The Jade is scheduled for Europe through 2013. Before our cruise I had read that some Hawaiiana was removed when she became the Jade - like a Hawaiian cultural display, but I could even tell where that had been since the art work on the walls was still there. I think dry dock this Fall is only for 2 weeks and is mainly to change over the tex mex restuarant. But still plenty of time to at least take the plastic flowers off the elevators and maybe the Tiki statue out of the Garden Cafe, but I suspect the Aloha bar and atrium name stays the same and the beautiful Grand Pacific Dining room as well.

The EPIC hands down! I love bigger ships. There is so much to do, so many people to meet,etc. The itineraries for her in the Carib. are alright, but I've seen better. I loved the decor of the Epic. I like modern and contemporary things. She also has the best food of any ship I have ever been on. I cannot wait to sail on her again, which will hopefully be in the near future.

We liked the NCL Majesty. did that five times ....simple.. no extras.. just good cruising...and we could go through the cut in Bermuda.... ..... and that was so special..!!!! Can't do that now with the big ships!!! Miss the docking at St. Georges....

Also the Sun was nice... it took us to Alaska!!!

We like the Jewel and Pearl better than the Dawn and POA.

Love the Great Outdoors and Blue Lagoon! Had breakfast and lunch outside every day but if it was too crowded, hot, rainy ... we ducked into La Cucina.

Blue Lagoon was too small on the Dawn and turned into a kids hangout.

We found the service excellent on all cruises!

daisyL,

Agree with you! We loved Blue Lagoon on Jewel but on the Dawn it was night and day. BL on Dawn was quiet and peaceful, NOT on Dawn. Teens took it over and it was loud and harried. But, that being said, I found it nice that the teens had their own hangout. It just would have been nice if there had been a BL in addition for folks like me.

Would you all recemmed NCL? They seem to be a very interesting line with some ineresting ships :) :cool:

I absolutely would recommend NCL - the dress up or not is the best part....you can enjoy your cruise "your way." Food and the itineraries are great. No cruise line is perfect, but you will enjoy your NCL cruise

Archived