"LIVE" from Allure of the Seas / May 22, 2011

Inside the Cabana you will find nice Lounge chairs, A cooler filled with ice and unlimited large bottles (40oz) of water. Also included are mats, mask/snorkel, and beach towels. There is no need to take any towels with you to the cabana. . .Nice.

I'm just catching up on this thread..LOVE all the pics of the Allure..I wanted to point out to all that Barefoot Beach IS accessible to anyone with a GOLD card seapass (suites guests only not including junior suites & diamond plus members) they have made this a private beach for those guests..and then of course anyone who may have rented a cabana. Suite guests have first dibs on the cabanas and if they do not all get reserved they will open it to others ...I also wanted to add that the cooler has 3 1liter bottles of water in them ..but the water is NOT 'unlimited' this is all of the water that is included in the price..I specifically asked because I am a big water drinker especially on a HOT beach day and once the 3 are gone you must pay for any refills...you would think it to be unlimited with the price you pay for the cabana but it is not. The max IS 6 persons per cabana & I loved the upgraded buffet..all in all it is well worth the extra money!!

Edited by wrkfire911

I'm just catching up on this thread..LOVE all the pics of the Allure.. >SNIP< I also wanted to add that the cooler has 3 1liter bottles of water in them ..but the water is NOT 'unlimited' this is all of the water that is included in the price..I specifically asked because I am a big water drinker especially on a HOT beach day and once the 3 are gone you must pay for any refills...you would think it to be unlimited with the price you pay for the cabana but it is not.

Thanks for the nice comments. . . I enjoyed the Cabana. You are right about the 3 Bottle of water on ice. . .However, the attendant asked us several times if there was anything else we needed. We responded "no, everything was perfect" but they insisted that we could use some more waters, as well as some more ice. . . Wow. . they even asked us several times what type of beverages we wanted with our lunch. . .

They also swept all of the sand off of the cabana floor whenever we left for the beach. The attendant also always folded up the towels, and shook off all of the sand. I was very pleased with the service we received.

They couldn't have been nicer.

Thanks again for the nice comments. . .

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Radio in Labadee

T55A.jpg

Edited by Radio

we received the royal treatment too - sand was swept etc with the exception of the waters..we were told only the 3 liters..of course we could get more but they were not complimentary..guess you got the GOOD cabana boy! LOL I take some of that back....our towels weren't folded or shaken either..and we rationed the water early because the 3 botttles wasnt really enough for 6 people..so you DID get the good cabana boy

I do have a question for you though....back on embarkation day you posted a pic inside the port..HOW did you do that??! every single time I think I'm getting one SOMEbody sees it and I am quickly accosted and made to DELETE the picture and show that it was done or they threaten to take my memory card..it is posted everywhere that you are not allowed to take pics inside the port for security reasons...so how did you sneak?? I was bombarded on my last cruise in March for the 3rd time doing this! :rolleyes:

Edited by wrkfire911

>SNIP< I do have a question for you though....back on embarkation day you posted a pic inside the port..HOW did you do that??! every single time I think I'm getting one SOMEbody sees it and I am quickly accosted and made to DELETE the picture and show that it was done or they threaten to take my memory card..it is posted everywhere that you are not allowed to take pics inside the port for security reasons...so how did you sneak?? I was bombarded on my last cruise in March for the 3rd time doing this!

Ha ha. . . I didn't sneak any pics. . . I just kind of took a few pictures when I thought it was appropriate. At first I tried to use a little discretion, and then I saw a few agents using the passgengers camera to take their photo. . .Wow. . .So the gloves came off then. . .

Sometimes at the pier there are a few "Noontime Commandos" who may take their job very seriously. . .

I never understood about the concern about taking pics in the passenger terminal. . .

Radio

;);)

Terminal 18 Security Check

S15.JPG

Check In counters

S20.JPG

2nd Level of Terminal 18

S18.JPG

Edited by Radio

We have just returned home today from our week on The Allure, and want to add our thanks to Radio for all of his postings and pictures........he sailed the week before us; with us following his reports of and pictures of The Allure, when we boarded last Sunday we felt we already knew the ship........Thanks Again, Radio........hope to sail together some time.

While on The Allure we booked The Oasis for next year.

One last thing - Our favorite - the Solarium.

John/Rick

:p

Edited by apollobeach

We have just returned home today from our week on The Allure, and want to add our thanks to Radio for all of his postings and pictures........he sailed the week before us; with us following his reports of and pictures of The Allure, when we boarded last Sunday we felt we already knew the ship........Thanks Again, Radio........hope to sail together some time. >SNIP<

Thanks, John & Rick. . . I'm glad you had a nice time. I want to sail Allure of the Seas again. . .

My next cruise will be "LIVE" from the Enchantment (9 Night Cruise to Canada)

Thanks for the nice comments ! :) I'm sure we will meet and say "Hello" !

Radio

;);)

Hi Radio

Could you please share what deck that secret spot you went to look down onto the Aqua Theater?

Thanks

Judi :)

It's not really secret. . .This area is open to all passengers.

They were all taken from Deck 15

Radio

;);)

View from Deck 15 Aft near FlowRider

SA19.JPG

View from Deck near Wipe Out Cafe

T71.JPG

Thank You Radio. I'm just finding your thread here, and just want to say, I have enjoyed being on the ship with you, through all of your postings and pictures.

Your pictures are absolutely wonderful to look at. We hope to someday sail the Oasis, but for right now, we look forward to sailing in January on the FOS.

Thanks Again, for the wonderful time we have had, following you onboard!

:D

that may explain why...we are always at the port by 10am and usually pushing down the doors to get in..it's not mobbed with people yet so whenever I click the "forbidden" picture I promptly get accosted !!:rolleyes: oh wellll...I will have to say , this has only happened in Baltimore !

Radio,

So, I happened across this site just last night and spent over an hour and a half reading this thread. I too was on the same sailing on the Allure of the Seas so I was curious on your take of the ship, especially because you also sailed on her big sis, the Oasis. We sailed on the Oasis in March of 2011 so I couldn't help but find myself comparing! :)

It was really neat to read your commentary. I look forward to seeing your video of the Allure sailing and to many more posts on here from everyone!

Radio,

Thanks for offering to accommodate reasonable requests. My requests aren't so reasonable, so please don't go out of your way on my account. But if you are in the neighborhood...

Random requests for photos:

Deck 11, aft, there's a public balcony that overlooks the aqua theater. I have seen pictures of the balcony, but the deck plan shows a spiral staircase on this balcony Others on this board have said it's a staircase that's just for staff. If you happen to be out there, I'd love a picture of the staircase.

Sorrento's offers "build your own pizza". If you happen to be there, I'd like to see pictures of the toppings they offer, if they are on display. If you can get a shot of a written list of the toppings offered that would be helpful too.

The Wipeout Cafe offers a taco/nacho bar. I haven't seen a decent picture of it.

Obviously, I can live without these. But if you are in the mood/area, I'd appreciate these photos more than is probably heathy.

Have a great week!

Radio,

I saw that you posted a picture of the toppings area of the "create your own pizza" section of Sorrento's in your album of indoor public areas on the Allure. Thank you for taking the time to do this.

Given how odd the request was, it means even more that you would make the effort to accommodate the request. Thanks again!

Radio, Just have to give you a huge THANK YOU for the wonderful pictures posted on your FOTKI site. I had heard of the larger Central Park balconies and actually booked one based on what I had read. Thanks to your pictures, now I can see just how large the balcony is. Again, thank you so much for spending the time to help us out! Hope your next cruise is super!

Nancy

Radio, Just have to give you a huge THANK YOU for the wonderful pictures posted on your FOTKI site. I had heard of the larger Central Park balconies and actually booked one based on what I had read. Thanks to your pictures, now I can see just how large the balcony is. Again, thank you so much for spending the time to help us out! Hope your next cruise is super!

Nancy

Thanks, Nancy. . .More cabin updates are now ready. . .

Radio

;);)

Hello everyone. . . My wonderfull Cruise on Allure of the Seas ended about 2 weeks ago, but I have finished all of my Albums, and Scans. . .

I posted about 600 Pics, and Scans that can be viewed HERE

They are all divided into 8 Albums, with Cabins- Ext views, Public Areas etc. . .

I really love to do the "LIVE" posts, and am inspired to do more by all of the very nice comments that have been received. . .

I may have forgotton to post every photo that I may have wanted to, and may post some more now and again, but I think it is complete and I now will try to complete an Allure of the Seas video during the next couple of weeks. . .

Thanks again to all who have commented, and I guess I am unable to end this post with saying "Thanks for tuning in"

Stay tuned for my next Report, "LIVE" from Enchantment of the Seas (9 Night Canada/NE) in a few weeks.

Radio

Cruise Compass Day 1

D1P1.jpg

Daily Planner

DPLANNER1.jpg

Royal Suite

CC5.JPG

Izumi (Deck 16)

CC2.JPG

Allure of the Seas Zip Line

CC3.JPG

Allure of the Seas

CC4.JPG

Edited by Radio

I find the decor at Izumi (ok) but DH and I find it odd that they have such small tables. Noticing the tables at the right of the picture, 2 small ones put together- this reminds me of the WJ or some cafeteria. I would have thought they would do a much better job with decor and furniture...JMHO

Thanks soooooo much for posting your great pictures!

:):D

Radio, you're a great american and a wonderful host of the "Live" thread. For those people who can't cruise three or four times a year, your "Live" threads are the next best thing to being there. Again, thanks, and have a wonderful time on your fall cruise. Your picture taking skills will definitely enhance the fall folliage in New England.

Edited by AF-1

Thanks, Nancy. . .More cabin updates are now ready. . .

Radio

;);)

Radio - love the cabin pictures I cant believe I've never know about the those CP balcony rooms, would those be considered a C1 balcony, i'm assuming there aren't too many of them? Balcony looks very nice, are they only on 2 floors? thanks

I find the decor at Izumi (ok) but DH and I find it odd that they have such small tables. Noticing the tables at the right of the picture, 2 small ones put together- this reminds me of the WJ or some cafeteria. I would have thought they would do a much better job with decor and furniture...JMHO

Thanks soooooo much for posting your great pictures!

:):D

Not sure that I fully understand your disappointment with the decor and furniture in Izumi. From the posted picture, I thought it was quite attractively decorated and furnished, but a chacon a son gout.:)

Radio,

Thank you for posting pictures of the large balcony cabin on the hump - D1. Was that from deck 6? I'll be in one of them for Xmas and appreciate you taking the time to take the pictures and sharing them. Thank you again :).

Not sure that I fully understand your disappointment with the decor and furniture in Izumi. From the posted picture, I thought it was quite attractively decorated and furnished, but a chacon a son gout.:)

It is attractive, but it does not have an iota of Asian flair. I was not disappointed, but more surprised that it is a japanese restaurant and other then a sushi bar, it has your average decor. I am still VERY excited about Izumi.

We were on the cruise with you and enjoyed your "live" after we returned. I saw in one of the post that you can get last minute upgrades at the pier. What is the procedure and is this something that you check out on each cruise?

Keith and Faye