"LIVE" from Allure of the Seas / May 22, 2011

Very excited to be following you on this trip. My next cruise is 2 weeks away, so I am glad to have this chance to follow "live" before we sail on the Summit to Bermuda. All of our past cruises have been from the NY/NJ area, but the auto train is a nice alternative to airport travel to reach those great Florida trips! Might be something we consider for the future. Have a great trip!! I think the best part of the "live" report are those great photos you post of the ship in the early morning hours! Makes me feel like I am strolling the decks with my coffee just before the ship awakens....Thanks for taking the time to share your trip with us :)

Thankfully I found your thread. I always enjoy reading your reviews and would of been disappointed if I missed your latest. Maybe you should rename your review so it doesn't get hidden on this thread.

Radio,

Thanks for offering to accommodate reasonable requests. My requests aren't so reasonable, so please don't go out of your way on my account. But if you are in the neighborhood...

Random requests for photos:

Deck 11, aft, there's a public balcony that overlooks the aqua theater. I have seen pictures of the balcony, but the deck plan shows a spiral staircase on this balcony Others on this board have said it's a staircase that's just for staff. If you happen to be out there, I'd love a picture of the staircase.

Sorrento's offers "build your own pizza". If you happen to be there, I'd like to see pictures of the toppings they offer, if they are on display. If you can get a shot of a written list of the toppings offered that would be helpful too.

The Wipeout Cafe offers a taco/nacho bar. I haven't seen a decent picture of it.

Obviously, I can live without these. But if you are in the mood/area, I'd appreciate these photos more than is probably heathy.

Have a great week!

Good Morning,

The Spiral Staircase you are referring to is down a hidden hall way that goes from deck 11 to 12, it is for Crew only.

I hope that answers your question about it.

I can't wait to board Allure tomorrow.

Hi Radio, so happy to see you are doing another live report. So enjoy you and Trainman doing your live reports.

We will be on the Allure 10/16/11. I hope one day we can cruise with you and Trainman in person.

Have a great cruise!!!!!

Hey Radio....

Glad you had fun on the train. A while back I got one of those WiFi card things-the connection wasn't great (I had the VirginMobile one...) but it worked well enough on the Silver Service train for me to book a cruise on =X=...

Enjoy......can't wait for the updates......

Ha ha, Stacey. . . Mrs.Radio was not able to come with me on Allure, but is planning to come with me on Explorer in November ;)

My brother and his wife are sailing this week, and I was able to reserve a Cabana in Labadee ! Woo Hoo :)

Radio

;);)

Well, there ya go! Have your brother take the picture! :) Im also excited now to hear of your upcoming cabana and cant wait to see your pictures of it! We totally missed that entire area when we were there this past December. Exciting!

Thanks again for taking us all on your cruise!

Radio: My brother took this train down last year to go to Disney. His 3 little girls absolutely LOVED the train ride! (He is a real train fanatic too!) He doesn't like to fly either! I didn't get to see pics from him, so it was great to see your pics to see what it was like!

Can't wait to follow along with your "live" post. I'm still waiting to be able to make all my show reservations for our Allure trip in Oct. I get to go on Oasis, then Allure the following week! I counting down the days . . . . . :D

So excited to be sailing with you on the Allure, Radio. DH & I will be cruising aboard her in May, 2012. We are doing the same itinerary so I am really interested in your take on all of the ports. I am handicapped and use a scooter. If you get a chance could you, maybe, comment on accessibilities in the ports? I would be so grateful.....Enjoy!!

Hello everyone. . . Whew. . . I made it to Fort Lauderdale, and the Hyatt Pier 66. I will decompress a little and I will be back with many pics. . .

(After Oasis of the Seas Sail away)

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

;) ;)

Hello everyone. . . Today is Pre Cruise Day, and it has been a long day. Maybe it was not sleeping well last night, or maybe a 4 ½ hr drive. . .but it was long.

I was able to check in to my room at Hyatt Pier 66, and I am in a Inter Coastal Waterway Room which is very nice. I keep coming back here even though it is a little pricey. The views, grounds, and the room quality keeps me coming back to a Fort Lauderdale Landmark.

My brother and his wife stayed up in the tower, which offer the best views on the property and a very large balcony.

I was able to rest a little, take shower, and grab a bite to eat after I saw Carnival freedom and Oasis of the Seas leave for their week away with happy passengers. . .

Tomorrow will be a light Port Everglades day with only the largest ship in the world in Port. There have been many times when I was here that there were 5-6 Ship in port. . . That will happen again in the winter. . . but with many ships in Alaska or Europe, the ship photo-ops are slim.

I will leave the Hyatt tomorrow morning at about 11 since we are so close to Terminal 18.

I may have to leave 5 minutes early, since I need to make a very very important stop, for something that I really, really need. . . kind of. . .A fresh cup of Starbucks. . .Ahhh. . .

Thanks for all of the very nice comments, and my hope is that this cruise will be a beautiful, relaxing, and fun Cruise !

See you in the morning with pics of Allure of the Seas. . .Below are a few pics from today.

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

I made it to Fort Lauderdale, and my Hotel for tonight (Hyatt Pier 66)

HY1.JPG

The view from my room

HY3.JPG

I love the pools and landscaping here. . .

HY5.JPG

The views are great from the rooftop terrace

HY7.JPG

Hey there is Oasis of the Seas, getting ready to leave Terminal 18

HY6.JPG

Here are a few more. . . I will be up early tomorrow !

Radio

Oasis slowly backs out from her berth

HY10.JPG

She maneuvered out from the dock in just a few minutes. . .

HY12.JPG

She is about ready to head out of port

HY14.JPG

A jet takes off from FLL as Oasis heads out of Port Everglades

HY15.JPG

She will be back next week. . .

HY17.JPG

So long Oasis of the Seas, but tomorrow I will be with your younger sister Allure. . .

HY18.JPG

Edited by Radio

YES! Another week of sailing. Thanks Radio!

I heard there is a spiral stair case on deck 7 starboard, aft end, pass the passenger cabins, out onto public balcony that leads down to the Boardwalk. If you happen to go that way, can you post a report?

Edited by time4me2fly

So excited to be sailing with you on the Allure, Radio. DH & I will be cruising aboard her in May, 2012. We are doing the same itinerary so I am really interested in your take on all of the ports. I am handicapped and use a scooter. If you get a chance could you, maybe, comment on accessibilities in the ports? I would be so grateful.....Enjoy!!

Radio ... love your posts. I just last week finished your Live Thread from the Oasis in January, and now we're going ... again! So soon?! LOL:D

To expand on Crazeecat's accessibility issue .... here's a Request. IF you just so happen to be passing by an accessible cabin while the room stewards have the doors open ... could you snap a quick shot of the layout?

Also, I loved the pic taken of the cantilevered whirlpool on Oasis. Can I request a picture of the overall area around the whirlpool? Like, what it looks like as you approach? We'd love to see if there is shady seating in the vicinity.

Thanks a bunch.....