How do you fill in the customer satisfaction survey?

I'm sure the participation was smaller...........and I certainly agree how the company interprets the answers..........and surely you say.......questions wouldn't be posed for a certain answer?:) LOL!!. Hey before we sail in the fall I want to email you.........let me know when you have time on the roll call the best way to get ahold of you. I don't mind posting my email if you can give me a shout and I can fire one back at you.

Check out the roll call and I will post my email. Anytime is fine with me.:)

I have always felt badly when my hard-working waiter or cabin attendant begs me for excellents. A sorry system when hard work doesn't speak for itself!!!

My boss knows when I'm working hard (and when I'm not!);)

That might work but I suspect that the participation rate might be much smaller. I think we both agree that it is a problem with how the company interprets the answers but that is usually the case with almost any survey and can sometimes also depend on how the questions are posed. I'd prefer to be able to answer honestly, and would if I thought that a "good" rating wasn't interpreted as a black mark against the staff.

One thing that I miss on RCI is the Commodore's form where guests could nominate a specific employee who performed far and above the level that one would expect.

Bill........we just got off a Princess Hawaii cruise on the Golden Princess.

There were cards in our stateroom that were for the sole purpose of nominating a staff member for "employee of the month".

I actually used it for one of the bartenders at the Promanade Bar.....who won't get anything........as he was getting off with us to head home to the Phillipines for a well deserved rest.

I do miss RCCL.......where I spend about $100.00 on drinks per cruise......whereas, on Princess.........my bill was closer to $600.00.

So, Princess will gain more of my money, only when I cruise with them!

Rick

Different nationalities tend to rate things differently. E.g the British tend to be very reserved about giving extreme marks, sticking to the centre ground with a small amount of variation. Americans tend to have more extreme marks, and far fewer middle-of-the road marks. Our waiter (who was Portuguese) "reminded" us of that fact on our last cruise, that RCI's view was that everyone should be rating them excellent on anything.

There are some companies who will take survey results from multiple countries, and bias them according to how people in that country normally give their marks, so that they are statistically averaged out. Whether RCI does that, I don't know, but for the number of surveys they receive, I doubt it.

I also like to add a comment if one of the staff has been especially helpful. It only takes a second and makes a difference for the other person. For example, one time I did a B-2-B, and our stateroom attendant was fantastic. I wrote that on the card, and he later told me that as a result, he received something nice from his supervisor.

Rubrrick,

One question, are drinks 6 times more expensive on Princess, or did you drink 6 times as much?

Harvey

At the risk of veering the thread off topic, Princess doesn't have Concierge Lounges on their ships, so the free drink opportunities are few and far between. They do offer half priced drinks for a few hours each evening, for Elite (maybe Platinum?) and full suite passengers.

Their drinks are actually a bit less expensive on RCI, but the pours are measured, and in my experience smaller.

At the risk of veering the thread off topic, Princess doesn't have Concierge Lounges on their ships, so the free drink opportunities are few and far between. They do offer half priced drinks for a few hours each evening, for Elite (maybe Platinum?) and full suite passengers.

Their drinks are actually a bit less expensive on RCI, but the pours are measured, and in my experience smaller.

MUCH. (smaller) :(

I guess I don't understand why anyone fills out the cards. Most everyone undertsands that RCCL interpretation of the survey is different than how passengers fill it out. Why waste your time if your message isn't going to be heard?

I guess I don't understand why anyone fills out the cards. Most everyone undertsands that RCCL interpretation of the survey is different than how passengers fill it out. Why waste your time if your message isn't going to be heard?

I do it mainly for what I write in the Comments section.

I'm the Customer Service Quality Manager at my place of employment and am responsible for the surveys where anything other than Very Satisfied is considered a fail. However, what we do is call each and every survey that contains a negative comment to apologize and thank them for their honesty.

We were on RCCL in December on a ship that had just returned from Europe. Not only did it take until 3pm to allow us to get on the ship (people were standing outside for 3 -4 hours) but the excuse anytime you asked for something that they didn't have was "I apologize but we just got back from Europe....". I voice my displeasure on my comment card and was kind of expecting an email or some type of communication back but received nothing.

Do they even read these comments?

The other problem is what are you comparing it to. What are the customer's expectations? If I am used to staying at a four seasons, most cruise lines are not going to measure up. If I am used to staying at a red roof inn, I am probably going to be impressed.

Same with food, entertainment, etc.

If the waiters want me to mark "excellent," all they have to do is provide excellent service. That would include noticing empty water glasses and refilling them without having to be asked (or sometimes begged), being present but not overbearing, asking if we want the bar service person without having to be asked, etc.

If they respond to all requests in a reasonable amount of time, that's good.. Why? If I am receiving excellent service I don't have to ask for water, bread, the wine list, the bar server, etc.

Regardless of the service I receive, being asked to mark excellent (and lots of folks do this, in lots of different businesses) is a turnoff. And if I have not received excellent service, it only serves to highlight that fact to me.

Archived