Libraries on Board?

Kharalew

Is there a library on the Fantasy?? I'm trying to decide if I should pack books, or download some new ones on my book reader, or not worry about it and use the onboard library if they have one. Thanks!

Not sure about the Fantasy, but my experience with ship board libraries is that they are fairly lean in selections. Either download a couple of books into your reader (or check out an e book from your local library) or hit a used bookstore and buy a couple of throw-away paperbacks that you can leave in the library or your cabin and not be out a whole lot of $$ for new books.

There is a library on Fantasy. When we looked around inside, there werent very many books and not many at all that I would have enjoyed reading. I brought 2 books and didnt get a chance to read at all. I ended up giving my copy of Cruise Confidential to our bartender because she showed an interest in it.

Here is a picture of the library.

Cruise2010537.jpg

Stopped in the Miracle library last week and was pleasantly surprised! There is a good selection, including many recent bestsellers! I read two of my four books on our cruise but would have found many books to read if I did not have enough reading material!

K

13 Carnival cruises and I have never seen the book cases unlocked, including the times that the sign posted said that they would be. I take a Kindle with me and never have to worry about running out of anything to read.

Thanks for the input guys! Oh darn, I kept meaning to find and buy "Cruise Confidential," but I never got around to it and now we leave for Charleston tomorrow! Oh well, I'll get around to it sometime....

Thanks!

Library will be open a limited number of hours and most have limited quantity of books that you have to sign out and will be billed for if not returned.

Strange policy as it appears books are all donations from other passengers.

we will take books with us and visit library and at times take out one of their books.

When I was on the Fantasy last fall, I looked at the book selection carefully since I was with a librarian. I didn't see anything I would want to read, and my friend the librarian was extremely disappointed in the selections.

Archived