Rccl let down!

[quote name='Julesben']I'd like to take the opportunity to inform our fellow cruisers that RCCL have just agreed to waiver the £150 amendment fee relating to our booking. We are delighted with this decision as we don't want to be forced to go elsewhere, especially due to this matter of principles.

Regards ;)[/QUOTE]

Ahh that is BRILLIANT I am so pleased for you!!
See sometimes Nagging really does work lol. Also to me shows your complaint was justifed.

[quote name='Julesben']We've said the same thing about cruises costing a lot more from the UK, £3200 for 2 in E2 cabin for 14 nights this Saturday on Independence as oppose to £3700 Inc flights to San Juan in November on Adventure for same cabin type and duration.[/QUOTE]

Agree! Weird how it's cheaper to cruise and fly to Caribbean than for us to go from Southampton! And the weather may be rubbish in the med still in may/June!

[quote name='Julesben']I'd like to take the opportunity to inform our fellow cruisers that RCCL have just agreed to waiver the £150 amendment fee relating to our booking. We are delighted with this decision as we don't want to be forced to go elsewhere, especially due to this matter of principles.

Regards ;)[/quote]

Are you Diamond Plus by any chance ?

[quote name='compman9']Actually, all of that "Good Travel Agent" stuff is a little misleading as well.

I would say 90% of travel agents in the UK are part of corporate chains that would have to follow company guidelines. Having attempted to book a cruise through one of these, I can say that they would mirror the cruise lines' policies.

.[/QUOTE]

And that is precisely the point I am making.

We all know what the "rules" are but I can absolutely guarantee you that in many many circumstances it is not what you know, but who you know and knowing how to play the system to your clients advantage.

The high street agent, will in general be a transient agent who will move from one high street agent to another to another, each one having a different policy and a different relationship with each operator. As an individual Cruise Agent I can assure you that needn't be the case.

Are you Diamond Plus by any chance ?

We are diamond at the minute, with our current bookings and our potential booking for late 2012 I believe we will achieve + status after these.

Regards

I'd like to take the opportunity to inform our fellow cruisers that RCCL have just agreed to waiver the £150 amendment fee relating to our booking. We are delighted with this decision as we don't want to be forced to go elsewhere, especially due to this matter of principles.

Regards ;)

May I ask if this was negotiated yourself or by your agent?

I'm not Liz but the fees/ conditions are not exclusive to RCCL, Princess is the same, also most other cruise lines. As I say it is the same in Australia and absolutely nothing to do with the government. It is the cruise lines.

Beryl

Thanks for that information and in that case I apologize that I misunderstood the actual situation. I see that RCI has agreed to waive the fee which is certainly a good thing, but I wonder if there shouldn't be some sort of changes made to the system by the cruiselines so that it shouldn't require those people affected by these rules to vigorously contest them. Certainly the OP isn't the only one to have been adversely affected and I can only wonder how many people merely accepted and paid the fee.

We are diamond at the minute, with our current bookings and our potential booking for late 2012 I believe we will achieve + status after these.

Regards

Ok thanks.:D

By the way ..if your friends are new to RCCL, dont forget under the Refer A Friend Promotion you can claim $25 OBC for referring them..just go to your C&A account and fill in the application form there after they have booked :D

I'd like to take the opportunity to inform our fellow cruisers that RCCL have just agreed to waiver the £150 amendment fee relating to our booking. We are delighted with this decision as we don't want to be forced to go elsewhere, especially due to this matter of principles.

Regards ;)

So glad to hear that. I hope you have a great cruise :)

BTW - with today's exchange rate, that's about $243 USD, a hefty price in any currency and one I doubt most people would appreciate paying.

Thanks for that information and in that case I apologize that I misunderstood the actual situation. I see that RCI has agreed to waive the fee which is certainly a good thing, but I wonder if there shouldn't be some sort of changes made to the system by the cruiselines so that it shouldn't require those people affected by these rules to vigorously contest them. Certainly the OP isn't the only one to have been adversely affected and I can only wonder how many people merely accepted and paid the fee.

This situation is no different from policies, and changes to them, that we here in the States don't like. If the cruise lines get away with charging the fees then they will keep doing it. I am sure that RCI collects enough in change fees to make it worth it to them to create situations as what happened with the OP. Then if a customer does have the inclination, energy and time to argue the point they waive the fee. The cruise line is happy about all the fees they collect. The customer is happy because he feels like RCI is an understanding and compassionate company that gave him a break. Everyone is happy and all is well.

...The customer is happy because he feels like RCI is an understanding and compassionate company that gave him a break. Everyone is happy and all is well.

Everyone except the poor soul who simply accepted the charge without knowing that if they had chosen to protest it vigorously it might have been waived. :rolleyes:

May I ask if this was negotiated yourself or by your agent?

Sorry for the delay due to being at the gym, yes fortunately we achieved this ourselves however I believe the TA tried Unsuccessfully to negotiate on our behalf.

Regards

Ok thanks.:D

By the way ..if your friends are new to RCCL, dont forget under the Refer A Friend Promotion you can claim $25 OBC for referring them..just go to your C&A account and fill in the application form there after they have booked :D

Thanks for the advice Liz,looking forward to Saturday a bit more now ;)

I don't know the OP and certainly don't need to defend him/her but I have seen posts like the one I quoted above before, trying to insinuate something with a poster having only one or two posts. If you take the time to look at the OP's bio you will see that the OP has sailed or booked at least 11 Royal Caribbean cruises since 2004 and the OP has been a member of cruise critic since 2010.

Both posts today by the OP are legitimate complaints. One that the Head Waiter never introduced himself on their cruise while they had pre-paid gratuities and this thread where they were going to be charged a change fee prior to final payment just to change to another sail date while adding additional cruisers to their party.

I would be miffed if the Head Waiter never bothered to stop by my table and introduce him/her self. I would also be miffed if Royal Carib. tried to charge me just to change to another date (before final pymt.) because I wanted to add additional passengers to our party. But then I have only been a member of CC for a matter of months and have very few posts so I suppose if I posted something negative about Royal Caribbean I would become suspect also, even though I have sailed on over 15 Royal Caribbean cruises, have several booked and will be Diamond Plus soon.

Why does it bother you that the OP only has 2 posts after many months as a member here? Not everyone has time to be on these boards everyday and posting all the time. Some of us only come here occasionally and post even less. What is wrong with that? And why do you care?

Very well put Jill :)

Sorry for the delay due to being at the gym, yes fortunately we achieved this ourselves however I believe the TA tried Unsuccessfully to negotiate on our behalf.

Regards

Good to know that RCI would deal with you even though you had a TA.

Regards

Just so you know D+ members get a cruise change for free in the UK, so no £75pp admin fee.

Just so you know D+ members get a cruise change for free in the UK, so no £75pp admin fee.

Thanks Albert...I thought that was the case...but couldnt find the info to back it up..changed computers today and not got all my files sorted yet.

1. I posted a link to the charges that all cruiselines have for various changes back on page 2.

2. British passengers may be disadvantaged about deposits and amendment fees, but you can still get price drops after final payment. We can't.

3. I am happy for julesben that the fee has been waived.

4. I believe that the Friend offer had a limited time frame and has expired.

Oh, look, they extended it! Lucky you.

Hurry, offer ends July 31, 2011.

Regards

Hmmmm!!!!!

Makes you wonder how hard they actually tried

Many more people will continue to be affected by this very issue, change will only stand a chance with Big Numbers pulling together.

1. I posted a link to the charges that all cruiselines have for various changes back on page 2.

2. British passengers may be disadvantaged about deposits and amendment fees, but you can still get price drops after final payment. We can't.

3. I am happy for julesben that the fee has been waived.

4. I believe that the Friend offer had a limited time frame and has expired.

Oh, look, they extended it! Lucky you.

Hurry, offer ends July 31, 2011.

Thanks for that, how do you customise with those bouncing cartoons on your board please.

Cheers

Archived