Star Flyer TA Malaga to Barbados Oct 2011

DebSailing

• 2 weeks later...

AnnMarie and I just booked this cruise last week. Coincidentally, I was looking at my photos from the Royal Clipper crossing yesterday and showed a friend the one of you two as "prisoners" under the net. Did I send you that one?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

So glad to hear from someone else who will be on the TA. I missed the chance to go through the Suez Canal. Would love to get your impressions sometime. Perhaps the Star Clippers will do it again someday. I met AnnMarie on the Royal Clipper TA last October. She lives outside London and will also be on this trip. I live in the US, but got a lot of lessons in how to talk like a Brit on the last crossing.

Deb

Hi John,

I always like hearing travel stories. I look forward to hearing yours! My guy loves the Star Clipper line and we did a trip through the Panama Canal on the Star Clipper this past February. But I can't convince him that 3 weeks at sea is a good idea, so I'll be on my own this trip. I know a woman from last year's crossing who will be onboard and she is so much fun. Do you know anyone else who is going?

Deb

Hi Deb, Sounds like we should swap stories of the big canals. I will be travelling alone this trip and do not know anybody else who is going, but that does not mean there won't be anybody on board I have not met before, there are a few people who I have met on both my previous trips. I also found it hard to justify 3 weeks, so I will confess that I will be working during the crossing, subject to internet connection.

John

• 2 weeks later...

My husband and I will also be on this TA. We've done both eastbound (2008) and westbound (2009) on the Royal Clipper. We're meeting up with friends we met on the last crossing--two from England, one from France, and one from Texas. We're from DC. Sounds like we'll have a lively crossing!

• 2 months later...

Hello all:

I'm a late entry to the westbound Star Flyer Oct. 15 Atlantic Crossing. This will be my fifth crossing -- Royal TA westbound 2005, Clipper TA westbound 2006, Clipper Athens-Pucket eastbound 2007, Flyer Pacific repositioning Tahiti-Panama 2010 -- plus a few shorter jaunts. Hope to see a few familiar faces!

Joel

• 2 weeks later...

We are booked on Star Flyer from Malaga to Barbados leaving next week. It is our fist time on a Star Clipper trip, although we have been on other (big ship) cruises and have lots of experience on small sailboats. Any advice from those of you who have done TA before? Anything special we should bring?

Jan and Dave

Archived