Help please - from Princess cruisers

Can somebody please "interpret" this price quote form Princess for me

It seems to me to indicate - taxes included ( in blue print)

But then at the bottom (in black print) it seems to indicate , taxes not included

?????

1.jpg

Barry

Hi Barry,

I just double checked our in the cruise personaliser, and the cost is an added extra. It sounds like they are included though doesn't it........but, definately added on...I went into our payment summary for a double check. I assume this is the part that can alter re fuel/port costs listed in their small print.

So add it on....but sign in first and you may qualify for discount if you have sailed with them before.

Jen

Also, Barry, when you book, keep checking on the price as they can alter, over the months. Someone told me Tuesdays were a good day to check........but we do it nearly every day!!! Gotta grab a bargain if you can!!

Jen

Barry i signed in and came up with this price

hdbar_summary.gif

49 days South American Circle From Ft. Lauderdale to San Francisco

PRICING FOR 2 PASSENGERSCruise Fare

†$8,370.00Total Price (AUD)

$9,620.00Balance Due$9,620.00

Gov't Fees and Taxes included in Cruise Fare§$1,250.00

that price is in AUD and an inside cabin

Very deceptive. But it's like booking any travel online....they always give you some "you beaut" lead-in price then hit with added taxes, etc on the next page :D

Don't forget to shop around Barry. I bet you can better prices than direct with Princess :)

Nice cruise BTW ;)

Australian Government legislation requires all Travel Service Providers selling in the Australian market place to quote a FINAL single total fare including all Government fees and charges, plus any compulsory hidden charges.

So if the fare is quoted via Princess Australian website then as stated it includes all fees and charges.

For the same reason that is why all Australian originated cruises on SUN, SEA & DAWN the fares quoted to Australian purchasers now include the compulsory daily hotel service charge . (Princess put out some 'spin" that there is no longer tipping, but the charge has now just been included in increased fares .)

Without double checking with Princess - it seems like that taxes figure quoted has to be added on. I am actually researching this for a friend - who has been quoted $4885 less $325 OBC, including taxes.

I just "wondered" when I saw the $4385 figure - and then saw the "not very clear" wording about the taxes. They use the word "in" - "not including". To me, it is poorly written - whether deliberately or not, who knows

Barry

Debsta

We booked the 41 day "Cherry Blossom" cruise on board Dawn Princess with the Future Cruises Office. The funny thing was that we were referred by Princess to our North American TA we have used who offered the same fare as Princess. (so much for Princess refusing to accept bookings through North American TAs) The reason was that in addition to the OBC offered by Princess, the TA would also give us additional OBC by directing the booking through them. The whole deal was through the "Captains Circle" (2nd time and subsequent cruisers) which included a $100 deposit per person for any cruise booked in the next four years with the $100 returned if you could not go on a cruise in that time. The same deal has been offered on line to Princess Captains Circle members so you do not necessarily have to be on a cruise to get that deal. The OBC incidently was quite generous $225 for an inside cabin and another $30 from the TA.

The competition between cruise companies definitely seems to be hotting up now.

JOHN

Kuldalai

You are correct with the "daily hotel charge". We have just returned from a Princess Cruise this week and the cruise prices have gone up slightly. We checked our On Board account statement 4 days into the cruise and found that the "Hotel" fee of $10 per passenger per day was being taken out of our account despite the blurb about this being discontinued as from May this year. When we enquired about it we were told that because we booked through a North American TA the "fee" was not deducted as it only applied to Australian and New Zealand citizens. They did not hesitate to reimburse the fees when we established that we were Australian citizens. It seems that all the jumping up and down and vigorous complaining that Aussie and Kiwi cruisers have done over the last eighteen months or so has paid off but overseas cruisers into and out of Australian ports still have to pay the compulsory tipping.

John

Kuldalai

You are correct with the "daily hotel charge". We have just returned from a Princess Cruise this week and the cruise prices have gone up slightly. We checked our On Board account statement 4 days into the cruise and found that the "Hotel" fee of $10 per passenger per day was being taken out of our account despite the blurb about this being discontinued as from May this year. When we enquired about it we were told that because we booked through a North American TA the "fee" was not deducted as it only applied to Australian and New Zealand citizens. They did not hesitate to reimburse the fees when we established that we were Australian citizens. It seems that all the jumping up and down and vigorous complaining that Aussie and Kiwi cruisers have done over the last eighteen months or so has paid off but overseas cruisers into and out of Australian ports still have to pay the compulsory tipping.

John

John, i also read some where that the compulsory tipping were for the US and international people only and the AU & NZ didnt have to pay it.....might have to get a couple of quotes to see who is the cheaper

RKMW

The price we paid for the future 41 nighter Cherry Blossom cruise was the same with Princess direct and the North American TA we use. I haven't made any comparisons with Australian TAs yet. The Princess deal was aimed at

Australian and NZ cruisers who were on board but as I said in my previous post, this deal is available on line to 2nd time or more cruisers with Princess.

John

Archived