How to get the latest debarktion time?

PAERRN20

I'm a first time cruiser and I would like to know how debarktion works. I saw there are various times or zones. I would like to be one of the last groups off the boat so we can have a little more vacation time, even if it is an hour or two. What do I do in order to get this? Thanks!

I'm a first time cruiser and I would like to know how debarktion works. I saw there are various times or zones. I would like to be one of the last groups off the boat so we can have a little more vacation time, even if it is an hour or two. What do I do in order to get this? Thanks!
It's not as if there's any "activities" onboard. You have to vacate your cabin by 9:30 and no bars or shops will be open. After breakfast you sit and wait, although it *is* marginally more pleasant than sitting and waiting in an airport somewhere.

Think about this question while you are sitting in the terminal waiting to board the ship and wondering what is taking so long. They can't board until everyone gets off the ship.

we have sat at the lido with our carry-on, used the buffett for breakfast and been some of the last ones off. i think 10:30 is the latest you can be on the ship. your bags will be waiting for you in the terminal too be picked up when you get there. if you do set your bags out the night before be sure too have your next day clothes in the cabin for in the morning. also make sure your valuables are with you in a carryon when you leave the cabin. the cabin stewards are very busy the morning of debarkation so do be out of the cabin by 9:30 so they can get it cleaned for the next group. dont worry, it wil all work out. just remember too not be one of the passengers who wears their pj's too the airport :D.

Go to Guest Services if the zone they give you isn't good. They're more than happy to help. Be aware though that you might debark as much as an hour before your scheduled debarkation time, because they could be running ahead of schedule. That's what happened on the Valor.

You can't debark before your zone is called, but anytime after your zone is called, you can go so if you want to wait until the very last minute you can. You don't need a higher zone # to do this.

Pat

We have been told we had to be out of our cabin by 8:30 on as many cruises...as I can remember. The cabin steward is usually knocking about 8 or 8:15. West Coast...Paradise, Splendor & Spirit.

Others say boarding starts about 10:30-11 in Miami...and everyone has to be off, before the next get on.

West Coast boarding usually starts around 11:15-11:30.

On our last cruise, we did not place the luggage out the night before. We took our time in the morning, packed, and were out of the cabin by 9:15. Had breakfast, and then got off the ship about 10am, with no lines to worry about.

I think someone else already said it, but you can get off later than your zone number.

Not supposed to go off before, but I've always seen pax do it. They start heading off the ship once the first numbers are called. This is what clogs up the works, IMO.

Anyway, I take whatever Zone # I'm given.

I think the latest I've ever stayed in a cabin is around 9 or so. The stewards like you out as soon as possible so they can turn it around for the next bunch.

We leave the cabin, eat breakfast and find a comfy place to relax until the end of the mad rush.

You can leave the ship whenever you want. The only reason for the zones is to have some sense of order but no one ever checks your tags. I will say that on the last morning there is not much to be gained by staying on the ship. Everything is closed except the Lido restaurant and they run you out of the cabins by 8:30.

You can't debark before your zone is called, but anytime after your zone is called, you can go so if you want to wait until the very last minute you can. You don't need a higher zone # to do this.

Pat

This simply is not correct. No one checks zones or anything like that . You can leave any time you want even if your zone has not been called.

We were some of the last people off the Triumph in February. When you fill out your cruise info online, it will ask you about needing to catch a flight (mroning or afternoon), or using the parking garage (need to make room for other cars), etc. We were planning on parking in a private lot, and I think that is why we were assigned to one of the last groups. Others in the last group were using a hotel shuttle.

Pat

if your number is called it is not set in stone that you have too get off then. dont go before your number because that does clog up the process, but you can be later if you want. we had room service bring us coffee and a danish that morning, showered, got dressed and went up too the lido for a decent breakfast before we got off. when they say you have too go dont delay though. they do have a schedule for the next bunch.

if your number is called it is not set in stone that you have too get off then. dont go before your number because that does clog up the process, but you can be later if you want. we had room service bring us coffee and a danish that morning, showered, got dressed and went up too the lido for a decent breakfast before we got off. when they say you have too go dont delay though. they do have a schedule for the next bunch.

Hm, interesting. I didn't think room service was available on the last morning. But nice that it is!

we prefer self disembarkation. no point sitting around the ship with nothing to do. We did zones once and I thought it was the worst thing ever to have to sit around just waiting. I saw a VIP demand late disembark at the Pursers Desk. They felt entitled to last disembark.

On our Victory cruise, our flight got bumped to 7pm, so we didn't want to get off the ship until as late as possible. We went to guest services to inquire if we could be put in the latest debark zone, and they just suggested we chill out on the ship until the final debark zone is called. That's what we did. We went and had breakfast in the MDR that morning and got to say goodbye to Ivon one last time (our steward was good with us leaving our bags in our room while eating in the MDR), then lounged in the Lido which had food out until about 10:30 or so. They called the last zones around 11:30 and we were among the last 40 off the ship at 11:45.

So if you choose self-assist, can you still take your time getting off the ship? I have no intention staying 'til the bitter end, but I don't want to rush off at 7AM either.

Thanks very much

we prefer self disembarkation. no point sitting around the ship with nothing to do. We did zones once and I thought it was the worst thing ever to have to sit around just waiting. I saw a VIP demand late disembark at the Pursers Desk. They felt entitled to last disembark.

We are Platinum (zone 1), but usually do self debark. We are normally in the last group of 100 people to leave the ship. For us, we would rather sit on the Lido deck than sit in Los Angeles rush hour traffic.:eek:

OP - you don't have to go to the Guest Services desk & ask for a higher zone #. You can leave anytime AFTER your zone has been called.

Tell your cabin attendant you want to sleep late he won't bother you. We usually sleep til 9:30-10am and then grab some food before we go around 10:30-11am. We don't use those luggage tags and just carry our own bags off the ship

As previous posters have posted you are suppose to disembark when your zone number is called. You can stay after your zone is called if you chose. There's no need to go to Guest Services to get a later number. I know the OP did not ask about getting off earlier however a poster here stated you could get off before your zone is called because they don't check your zone numbers. Well you shouldn't do that. You are given zone numbers based on the info you gave the cruise line about your flight times or other transportation needs. Your luggage is taken off the ship and organized by zones based on your zone number. If you try to get off before you're suppose to your luggage probably won't be there an if enough people do this it really messes things up for the people who need the earlier zone numbers. Please be considerate and wait till you're zone is called. Okay I will get off my soapbox now!!!!!!

Archived