Golden Princess GRAND SUITE pictures here...

kath00

Hello all,

We are back from a wonderful 7n cruise to Alaska onboard the Golden Princess. We booked the beautiful Grand Suite so I thought I would post here for those of you who are interested in booking this suite.

Enjoy! Katherine

Um...not to be a kill-joy, but I hope you invited some people in to eat all that food - it would be a horrible waste to order it all up just for a photo-op... :o

Um...not to be a kill-joy, but I hope you invited some people in to eat all that food - it would be a horrible waste to order it all up just for a photo-op... :o

LOL. There were 10 of us in our party. We ate every last drop... :D

Thanks for sharing the super photos.

There are suites and there are sweeter suites.

These pictures are of the sweetest suite.

Fair winds, clear skies and following seas to all.

P&J

SOOOOO!! This is how the "other half" lives. I have always wanted to see the inside of one of these suites!

Would I ever love to get access just to take some 3D photos. As I don't see myself ever travelling in one of these my best hope is to meet someone who is staying in one.

Wow! Why would you ever leave the cabin?

Thanks for sharing!

How did you like the balcony? Would you book the Grand Suite again?

I would book it in a heart beat! It was like a lux apartment on the top floor of a lovely hotel. Complete with maid service and food. Who can ask for anything more?

I couple of downsides though:

1) Room stewart was AMAZING but it took him over an hour to clean the suite TWICE a day. There were times when we wanted to just sit in the room in quiet but he had the vacuum going twice a day. He changed every sheet every day, which took a LOT of his time and energy too. Granted we had kids with us so he had to make the couch and rollaway and then put it away too, which took a while each day too. But we were priority #1 of his 17 cabins to clean so when he saw me put the "Service Please" sign up, he came running in to do our room. :D

2) There are some huge vents next to the left side of the balcony that made sitting outside on that part of the balcony unpleasantly noisy (by the round table). There was no smell from the vents but they ran 24/7. We never sat on that side of the balcony. In warmer climates, I would have found this annoying since the table is there to eat outside.

3) The aft of the ship moves a LOT. Princess changed the itiniary on us for this cruise and instead of sailing the true inside passage both N and S, they went out to the open ocean both times. Our party was all newbie cruisers except me and DH and the kids. They could not stand being in the room for more than about an hour during our sea days because we were swinging up and down like crazy. Interestingly, my mom and aunt's cabins, only about 6 doors down from us, had noticeable less movement. I would not book an aft suite unless you are a seasoned cruiser because those last few feet of the ship are really in motion.

4) There were minor "fixit" issues with the room all the time. The fawcets let out really HOT water when you turned on cold and our A/C didn't quite get to our bedroom initially. We had the maintenance people in daily. They showed up quickly and fixed things as we went along. Not something I mind really...

5) The aft suites are not ideal location for Alaska and Glacier Bay. The way the captain turned the ship, we never got to face the full glacier the way the side cabins did (he rotated left for about 20 min, then right, but never the back until we turned around and pulled away). I was hoping to be able to hang out in the cabin balcony instead of freezing in the rain up on deck but that never worked out. Ah well. Aft views are generally the nicest from what I have seen but in Alaska, I would book a PH suite instead.

Overall, I would say the suite is fabulous and being able to entertain your party in it (instead of dressing up for ANOTHER formal night) is a wonderful perk. The stewarts I am sure are the best of the best and we really appreciated all of Cosme's hard work all week.

I do wish they had the large suites midship too. I think it's a better location for certain sailings (ie when the seas are not calm).

Katherine

OK, now I am really getting anxious to set sail in October. 28 days in the Grand Suite is really going to spoil us forever with future staterooms. :)

That's the Tahiti cruise on the Sapphire, right?? I really, really hope you do a thread/blog of some sort while on board. That cruise is on my bucket list for someday, when I retire! Only about 25 more years to go...

Katherine

That's the Tahiti cruise on the Sapphire, right?? I really, really hope you do a thread/blog of some sort while on board. That cruise is on my bucket list for someday, when I retire! Only about 25 more years to go...

Katherine

Katherine, with the almost 200 we have on the roll call, I would guess you will get so many reports during that 28 days that you will get tired of reading them. lol Hopefully, between the computer in the GS suite (full sized keyboard) and my netbook, that will be arranged. ;)

I would book it in a heart beat! It was like a lux apartment on the top floor of a lovely hotel. Complete with maid service and food. Who can ask for anything more?

I couple of downsides though:

1) Room stewart was AMAZING but it took him over an hour to clean the suite TWICE a day. There were times when we wanted to just sit in the room in quiet but he had the vacuum going twice a day. He changed every sheet every day, which took a LOT of his time and energy too. Granted we had kids with us so he had to make the couch and rollaway and then put it away too, which took a while each day too. But we were priority #1 of his 17 cabins to clean so when he saw me put the "Service Please" sign up, he came running in to do our room. :D

2) There are some huge vents next to the left side of the balcony that made sitting outside on that part of the balcony unpleasantly noisy (by the round table). There was no smell from the vents but they ran 24/7. We never sat on that side of the balcony. In warmer climates, I would have found this annoying since the table is there to eat outside.

3) The aft of the ship moves a LOT. Princess changed the itiniary on us for this cruise and instead of sailing the true inside passage both N and S, they went out to the open ocean both times. Our party was all newbie cruisers except me and DH and the kids. They could not stand being in the room for more than about an hour during our sea days because we were swinging up and down like crazy. Interestingly, my mom and aunt's cabins, only about 6 doors down from us, had noticeable less movement. I would not book an aft suite unless you are a seasoned cruiser because those last few feet of the ship are really in motion.

4) There were minor "fixit" issues with the room all the time. The fawcets let out really HOT water when you turned on cold and our A/C didn't quite get to our bedroom initially. We had the maintenance people in daily. They showed up quickly and fixed things as we went along. Not something I mind really...

5) The aft suites are not ideal location for Alaska and Glacier Bay. The way the captain turned the ship, we never got to face the full glacier the way the side cabins did (he rotated left for about 20 min, then right, but never the back until we turned around and pulled away). I was hoping to be able to hang out in the cabin balcony instead of freezing in the rain up on deck but that never worked out. Ah well. Aft views are generally the nicest from what I have seen but in Alaska, I would book a PH suite instead.

Overall, I would say the suite is fabulous and being able to entertain your party in it (instead of dressing up for ANOTHER formal night) is a wonderful perk. The stewarts I am sure are the best of the best and we really appreciated all of Cosme's hard work all week.

I do wish they had the large suites midship too. I think it's a better location for certain sailings (ie when the seas are not calm).

Katherine

Katherine, thanks for the informative reply. Would love to have a suite for a long cruise. I am retiring next year so maybe.......in the future. The pics were amazing! BTW, we always try for an AFT balcony on the corner, but the suite is on my bucket list. Thanks and good night!

Hello all,

We are back from a wonderful 7n cruise to Alaska onboard the Golden Princess. We booked the beautiful Grand Suite so I thought I would post here for those of you who are interested in booking this suite.

Enjoy! Katherine

Great pictures! I would never want to leave the cabin if I had that one. It's a destination in itself. How many people did all that food serve??? We were in a PS suite on the Golden once thanks to an upgrade but it wasn't that lavish. I spent lots of time on my balcony on that one.

Great pictures, thank you for sharing them.

We had the grand suite and the interior just next to it on our Alaska cruise on Diamond a few years ago. Have to say, the motion doesn't bother me - I slept better than I ever do! Great bed too!

We LOVED the balcony, and although the weather was rather chilly at times, spent a ton of time there. No vent noise that I remember (if there was any, it evidently didn't bother us), no odors, no soot. We did venture up to the public deck spaces for viewing, but found them to be very congested. Given my choice, I would take the lesser views over the crowds.

Loved the dining area, we ordered room service all but 2 evenings.

The in suite computer is great, internet is very slow.

The room steward does drop everything for you, almost to the point of annoyance. Would book it again in a heartbeat if I could afford to cruise that way each time!:)

Archived