Aft or Hump cabin on Explorer of the Seas

Just thought I'd get some opinions on hump cabins vs aft cabins on Explorer of the Seas. In the past, when we've sailed the Voyager class ships, we have always had a hump cabin, usually 7320 or 7620 (or anything else on the hump). These cabins were not available, so we booked aft 7690. I was checking earlier, and cabin 7322 (hump) is available. This is our first time booking an aft cabin, should we switch to 7322 or stay with 7690? Are there any problems with the aft cabins with soot or extreme motion or noise? Thanks for your help.

IMHO, this is preference...where you like to be on the ship. We love our hump balcony, but will book one a cabin or two away from the hump if we have to (if a hump isnt available) before booking an aft on the voyager class ships. We like being mid ship on this class and would save an aft balcony for a smaller class ship.

after visiting friends in the opposite corner aft cabin, 9390.

We spent many a night out on their balcony watching the stars and listening to the water.

Nobody felt like it was too loud, there were no soot problems and the problem of being "too far" from the elevators was solved by a little something called...ROOM SERVICE!! :D

They were smart enough to have coffee brought to the room at 7am each day. We are stealing that trick in October!

Love the hump cabins. Had a JS and D1 on the Explorer. Obviously close to the elevators. We are boked in a GS for a cruise in Sept, one cabin from the hump. Love being out over the water a little bit more. Enjoy your cruise.

Just thought I'd get some opinions on hump cabins vs aft cabins on Explorer of the Seas. In the past, when we've sailed the Voyager class ships, we have always had a hump cabin, usually 7320 or 7620 (or anything else on the hump). These cabins were not available, so we booked aft 7690. I was checking earlier, and cabin 7322 (hump) is available. This is our first time booking an aft cabin, should we switch to 7322 or stay with 7690? Are there any problems with the aft cabins with soot or extreme motion or noise? Thanks for your help.

It doesnt really matter, we have sailed on the explorer in an aft cabin and it was fine. We were about 8 cabins from the stern on deck 7. There were gale force winds heading to and from bermuda when we went and we were fine. We enjoy hump cabins as well but it's really not something to worry too much about in my opinion. The only cabins I try to avoid are those too far forward or directly above certain bars or that sort of thing. Enjoy the Explore its a very nice ship.

Archived