HUGE price drop!

can786

We are booked on the Sea Princess for an Australia/New Zealand cruise next February and we booked a full suite since this is a belated 25th anniversary gift to ourselves. I was playing around on the Princess website last night and checked the current pricing, just for kicks (since Princess almost never drops pricing on full suites I haven't even bothered checking it before). Imagine my surprise when I saw the price has dropped over $1200/pp. I shot off an e-mail to my TA immediately and had the confirmation e-mail this morning that we are saving over $2400 on this cruise! The full suites are currently only $100 more than the AC minisuites and only $50 more than the aft minis. Yipee!

We are booked on the Sea Princess for an Australia/New Zealand cruise next February and we booked a full suite since this is a belated 25th anniversary gift to ourselves. I was playing around on the Princess website last night and checked the current pricing, just for kicks (since Princess almost never drops pricing on full suites I haven't even bothered checking it before). Imagine my surprise when I saw the price has dropped over $1200/pp. I shot off an e-mail to my TA immediately and had the confirmation e-mail this morning that we are saving over $2400 on this cruise! The full suites are currently only $100 more than the AC minisuites and only $50 more than the aft minis. Yipee!

Outstanding news, congrats. Have a wonderful cruise.....:):):)

Bob

Are you in a category AA?

Yes, it is a category AA. Those suites are wonderful on the Sea Princess. What I find amazing is that there is so little price difference between the AA full suites and the minisuites. I have to qualify this though and say that this price seems to be for past passengers only - when I checked prices without signing in they were the same as when I booked.

Hi how brilliant for you all. Wish that we in the UK had the same playing field. When prices drop here those already booked dont see any benefit. The only choice we have is to cancel,incur cancellation losses then re book ! Only very occasionally is this worth it !

So much for incentives for early booking. Whats happened this season has ensured that we will never book early again. Not only that when upgrades are going around all us Mugs over this side of the atlantic always seem to be the back of the queue even though weve paid much more !

Anyway not to begrudge you lucky guys,,Have a great cruise.

Yes, it is a category AA. Those suites are wonderful on the Sea Princess. What I find amazing is that there is so little price difference between the AA full suites and the minisuites. I have to qualify this though and say that this price seems to be for past passengers only - when I checked prices without signing in they were the same as when I booked.

Isn't the AA a mini-suite?

Isn't the AA a mini-suite?

Not on the Sun class ships (Sea Princess, Sun Princesss and Dawn Princess). On these ships there is only one category of full suites and they are designated AA. The two categories of minisuites are AB and AC. The minisuites on these ships are very similar to the full suites on the Grand class ships, just without the suite amenities.

Pricing might be linked to your past passenger number (a special promotion for certain past passengers, I have seen this happen before) and some are finding lower pricing than others. As when I just logged in and checked, the pricing is $1000 difference between the AC and AA, and $700 between the AB and the AA. What a great find for you!

Pricing might be linked to your past passenger number (a special promotion for certain past passengers, I have seen this happen before) and some are finding lower pricing than others. As when I just logged in and checked, the pricing is $1000 difference between the AC and AA, and $700 between the AB and the AA. What a great find for you!

That's interesting, because when I checked an online site that I often use to check prices (it is not the TA that I use, but their pricing is usually similar to my TA's pricing) they were also showing the pricing I got, with just a comment that you need to have a past passenger number to qualify for that pricing.

Have you found that once you are Elite the special offers disappear?

Have you found that once you are Elite the special offers disappear?

All I can tell you is that we haven't found a 'great deal' in many years. And never a price drop on a full suite (and we have booked many of those in the last few years). :(

I really didn't expect there to be any price drop on the full suite, so I hadn't even been checking prices on Princess.com. I don't know what made me check last night - perhaps it was the spirit of my mom, with whom I shared many cruises, who passed away in December. Whatever it was that gave me the idea to check sure made me happy!

Not on the Sun class ships (Sea Princess, Sun Princesss and Dawn Princess). On these ships there is only one category of full suites and they are designated AA. The two categories of minisuites are AB and AC. The minisuites on these ships are very similar to the full suites on the Grand class ships, just without the suite amenities.

Thanks for clarifying. You got a phenomenal deal!

Wishing you a memorable anniversary cruise.

Hi how brilliant for you all. Wish that we in the UK had the same playing field. When prices drop here those already booked dont see any benefit. The only choice we have is to cancel,incur cancellation losses then re book ! Only very occasionally is this worth it !

So much for incentives for early booking. Whats happened this season has ensured that we will never book early again. Not only that when upgrades are going around all us Mugs over this side of the atlantic always seem to be the back of the queue even though weve paid much more !

Anyway not to begrudge you lucky guys,,Have a great cruise.

I agree completely. For every passenger in the US or Canada who is saying "Whoooo - what a great bargain I got" there is another in the UK thinking that they have been ripped off. We usually book a suite early but in future I'm either going to wait until the last minute or not bother.

Archived