Help needed-info on transportation from Vancouver airport to canada Place

I read in another post that the bell desk at Pan Pacific can tranfer luggage from your room to the ship. Does anyone know this is true?

The Pan Pacific is on top of Canada Place, it's an elevator ride down to the Port. As long as your bags are tagged, I'm pretty sure the Pan offers the bag drop service.

You have a couple of options on transportation. You could cab it which would be around $35 or your could take the Sky Train from the airport. You can't go wrong, you're getting on at the first stop and getting off at the last stop. It's around $8 per person for the sky train.

For those of you in the know (Putterdude, etc.) what are our options for transportation from YVR to Pan Pacific Hotel and costs. Also can't we roll our luggage from Pan Pacific to Canada Place to board the ship the next day?

Getting from YVR to Canada Place. A Taxi will be about $35, Skytrain is $8.75/ea if you buy your ticket on the platform at YVR. If you're in town, and intend exploring the same day you arrive, instead of buying an $8.75 ticket on the platform, find the 7-11 in the airport terminal and buy a $9 day pass instead. Once you reach Waterfront Station (last stop) on Skytrain, don't follow the crowds down the tunnel, but instead use the elevator at the other end of the platform marked "Exit to Granville St". From there it's an easy 3 block walk slightly downhill to Canada Place.

Canada Place/Pan Pacific are the same building. In the morning you could get the bell hop to take your luggage to the cruise terminal, but it's just as easy to do yourself, just ride the elevator down to P1 (maybe it's P2), and the cruise facility is at the back of the P1 level. You never leave the building.

Hi,

My sister heard that the bellhops at Pan Pacific can bring your luggage to the port for you. My question,( I know it may be stupid) is you would tip the Pan Pacific people but I feel bad because the port people are not getting anything. Does any one know if the Pan Pacific people share their tip with the port people?

Thanks,

Susan

somethingdifferent,

At the Pan Pacific from your room, take the elevator down to the Hotel Reception level, when you exit that elevator, start to walk towards the Reception desk. On your right is the elevator down to ship level.

The bellhop collected our suitcases from our room, we next saw the cases in our stateroom on board the ship.

We wheeled our carryon luggage down in the elevator after we checked out of the hotel.

P.S. When you arrive at the hotel, the Reception Desk is located upstairs.

Archived