***Welcome To The New Cruise Countdown Club***

mstrc1

Sharon, that really upsets me on how that nurse is handling things and saying what she did. What right does she have to be bring you down and Bill as well by saying that. I do not know why they are in such a hurry to give up and just bring in Hospice. When she comes again, I would pull her off to the side and tell her that you do not want her to be saying that to Bill again. I think that was totally out of line. Giving up is not the way to proceed, and as long as he has a will and wants to make his own decision, then that is the best medicine.

We have never heard of this before or have ever done this before either. At our club one of our members passed on Monday. Then 2 days later his wife passed. So Sunday they are having services for both of them.

It is good that your sister has her family going with her. You have so much on your plate just now, you certainly do not need anything else.

Weather and temps fairly stable and no rain in the forecast for a few days. So time started yesterday with watering, as we have not had to do that with all of the rain we have had.

I hope your day is much better for today.

Kathy

I have heard of one person dying and then the other one follows, guess they just kind of give up the will to live. Doubly hard on the family though.

The nurse had written a prescription for Bill that was an antidepressant and I had given him one on Thursday night. Then on Friday he was in a very deep sleep all day. Bill's dr son was coming down so I was glad when he got here, I thought maybe Bill was "going". But when he looked at the prescription he said do not give him this again, that is why he is sleeping like that. She also gave me one for a generic form of Ritalin. He said that will perk him up and give him an appetite so it is safe to give it to him. So this morning I gave him one and he was awake all day and able to talk to me and his son when he came back over. He also wanted something to eat which he hasn't wanted for a couple of weeks. So the Ritalin is doing its job evidently.

I was able to get all the grass cut again today, heard it might rain so wanted to get at it before it did. It was very hot but I was going as fast as I could so there was a little breeze, ha ha.

Do you have any plans for the rest of the weekend? I was thinking it was Sunday today and wondered why the newspaper didn't have all the inserts in it. Hard to keep track of the days when they are all the same. I really miss going to church. At least then I knew it was Sunday.

Thanks Karen, each day brings its own set of circumstances and obstacles it seems.

Tonight when I was telling Bill good night he said that his son had told him yesterday, while I was out cutting the grass, that he wasn't being fair to me by not going back to the Care Center or to his daughters assisted living home. I told him to just listen to what people say and then we will do what we want to do. I wish people would stop doing that to him as it really bothers him. It is very hard but I wouldn't feel right about putting him back in there and I know that no one is going to take as good as care of him as I will. When it gets to the point that he can't get up at all and I can't lift him, then we might have to make other arrangements but for now I can still handle it.

So there must be something else I can talk about! We had a couple of our dance friends stop over today. She is a retired nurse and very nice. We have known them for probably 20 years so it was nice to see them. I showed them my straw bale garden. They had never heard of such a thing. I have several tomatoes on the plants but they are still green and a yellow squash just about ready to be picked and a green pepper that needs a little more time.

I made another batch of peanut butter cookies, they are almost addicting! Seems when I get a little hungry I just each one or two of them and I don't need to make anything else. I know probably not good for me to just eat that but I think they must have some nutritional value with the peanut butter in them, ha ha.

looked like rain all day but we didn't get any, looks to be pretty hot the next few days too. Our air conditioner is keeping the house very nice so that's a good thing.

Sharon, it sounds like that nurse is doing more bad then good. That really upsets me to hear she should not have given him that medication. You leave in her your trust and she goes off in a different direction. I am glad to hear Bill is doing much better and eating as well.

Saturday I was tied up all day with babysitting my # 2 daughter's kids and going to ball games. Sunday we went to that service as soon as it starts as the later is gets it will be extremely crowded. We have to go to Orland Park after work today and have my glasses fixed. I somehow broke 1 of the frames.

It was extremely humid yesterday. All of the rain went south of us and we got none. Today the same and I heard Tuesday rain. So that means watering for us.

I hope your day is good today and that Bill has one as well. I agree that keeping him home will give him the best care. He will not get the care you are giving him elsewhere.

Kathy

You did have a busy weekend, we just had company off and on. At least made the day go by faster.

Today was an even better day for Bill, I gave him half of that pill in the morning and half in the afternoon. He was awake all day and actually had a bowl of ice cream and a bottle of ensure. His son and girlfriend came over and he was able to talk with them pretty good.

There is a walk on Wednesday part the way around Lake Geneva. I had asked one of Bill's son in laws if he could come and sit with Bill so I could go and before he could answer, the pastor called and said he had been so busy and sorry he wasn't able to come for so long but would Wednesday morning be alright to stop in. So I told him yes and told Bill's son in law to never mind. I really did want to do that walk, so had to sit down and cry a little for a while and feel sorry for myself.

So tomorrow the visiting angels guy comes I will go to the farm and do some book work and get caught back up again and try to go to the grocery store again too.

We have not had any rain either, it was a very nice sunny day today but pretty warm. I watered my vegetables and some of the potted flowers.

Sharon, I am so sorry that you cannot get out and do things that you want to just now. But it is good that you have found a better way to give Bill the med's by cutting in 1/2. That is good that he is responding in a positive way.

Yes, very warm yesterday, but at least there was a nice breeze. Today much more humid and still very hot.

So today the pastor is coming and the visiting angels. I think you have said that the angles are very good. So what exactly are they doing? You might have told me, but I have forgotten. He stays for 3 hours correct?

Take good care of yourself and have a good day today.

Kathy

The pastor did come this morning, talked with us a while and gave us communion. Unfortuneatly the pill that worked so well keeping Bill awake did not work so good today. Don't know if it was just today or if its not going to work good any more.

The visiting angel guy just sits and talks with him while I am gone. That is all I ask him to do.

Well Bill's son's girlfrien that I was really starting to like really blew it last night. They came over and brought some Chilis loaded baked potato soup thinking Bill might eat it. But she was so stinking drunk and kept getting in Bill's face and patting him. His son told her to stop and she yelled shut up really loud at him. Then she got up and went outside and sat in the car. Thank goodness, I can't stand a drunk.

My sister got a second opinion yesterday and has an appmnt on Monday with an oncologist. Both drs said same thing, chemo first then surgery.

Not outside much but when I walked down to the mailbox felt real nice. Not so humid which was good.

Hows everything going at work, better or worse or about the same..

Sharon, just like anything else, I have good days and bad days at work. A lot depends if the jerk is in or not. Sometimes when he is in, he is at his form and doing what he does best, being a jerk. Other times I rarely see him and that is a good thing.

Wow, what has happened to that girl. That really sounds way over the top. Of course I blame his son for allowing her to be in that state and moreover even bringing her there. He should have better judgement and have the common sense not to even bring her over there if she is in that condition.

Around here it has been extremely humid over the past few days. We never really got any rain that amounted to anything. We have been watering every day, with the lack of rain.

I hope you can get that med worked out for Bill. I also hope that your sister finds the right treatment so she can proceed.

Major announcement, we actually won our very first game yesterday after 11 weeks.

Kathy

Wow, congratulations, even though its too late it has to feel good to win!

That nurse came this morning. She keeps pushing for Bill to agree to go on Hospice. We both told her no, he wants to keep taking that one medicine and they won't take him if he does. She told him she had talked to his doctor and he said its not working. Not sure if she really did or not but his oxygen has been staying up in the 90's so that is good.

Had Tom the visiting Angel guy come todat again. Bill likes to talk with him and tgey watch Jeopardy together.

Stopped at the Sweet Corn Lady's stand today and got some peaches. They are so sweet and juicy.

Bill's son called and said they might be over tomorrow night. I told him not to bring her if she is drunk again. He tried to tell me that she only had one drink but anyone would know that wasn't true. She kept talking and talking and couldn't even focus her eyes on you and then got loud and obnoxious. One drink my foot!

We haven't had rain either so like you I am watering my veggie and flower plants.

Sharon, you need to pull that nurse over and tell her that you do not want her to be saying that stuff to Bill. She is just trying to take the easy way out. I am glad that Bill enjoys the other guy that talks to him and gives you a break.

Yes, watering every day and today it is supposed to go into the 90's.

Maybe Bill's son only saw her drink 1 drink, but you know all too well that she had much more. You don't need a drunk around any time.

We have a wine tasting at the club tonight paired with food, from 5:30 to 7:30 for $30 pp.

Stay cool and enjoy the day.

Kathy

Miss Sharon that was horrible of your husbands son g/f. Please watch his medications around her too. She wounds like a real winner. I used to do that work for the same agency semi live in 5 days and cooked and cleaned for them besides. It sound like he is right were he belongs.. Take care, Karen

That sounds like a fun evening Kathy. We have went to a couple of wine pairing dinners. Always fun to taste different ones. I like the white or pink kind sweet wines as opposed to the dark merlot dry ones.

Trying to remember what I had just wrote and lost a minute ago when my tablet ran out of energy.

We had 2 of Bill's daughters, one of their husbands and a son come over tonight. I'm afraid Bill's dr son was in dr mode. He was still trying to convince him to go to the assisted living home and told him he thought he would have about 3 to 6 months left to live. Seems everyone likes to tell him things like that.But after he left the one dsughter said she would talk to him to stop pushing for him to go to the assisted living home. She said if it were her she would want to be a home too. Then the other daughter texted me that she thought I was doing a great job taking care of him.

Karen I bet you were a big help to the people you took care of. You said you "used to do it" how come you stopped? I think it is a very hard job taking care of someone, both mentally and physically. It would be even harder doing it for someone other than a loved one,

You may be right about keeping an eye on the meds too but looks to me like she is more a drinker. Too bad too was hoping he found someone good this time, after all its the 3rd time he has moved someone in to his house.

Did you see the moon tonight, beautiful!

No I missed the moon. I am 66 in August. I hope to lose enough weight that i can work again at least part time. I hate being retired. I was registered with several agency's but Visiting Angels was my favorite by far. Have some medical conditions that will get better with weight loss I hope. I am glad people in his family appreciated what you are doing I know he does.

Sharon, the moon has been very bright the past few nights. That really upsets me to have people saying that to Bill. It must make you feel bad as well. How does anyone know how long anyone will live or die. That is not what anyone wants to hear. What a way of bringing someone down. Not very good bed side manners.

Karen brings up a very good point about the med's. People like her are just the one's who would be stealing them and either selling them or using them for her.

It was a good 2 hours pairing last night. They had one last year and I bought some wine. This time I did not as I really did not like what they had. You could have anything to drink though. I save my wine buying until we go to Saguatuck.

Kathy

Had a strange thing happen today. I dressed in my usual clothes to cut the grass, jeans, sleeveless top, long sleeve shirt, socks and shoes. Along with a hat that has a neck flap, safety glasses and hearing protection. Oh yes, I'm sure I look a sight but it works, at least it did work. I cut grass from about 4pm to 8pm. When I came in, my shins and knees were itching like crazy. When I took my shower I noticed that they are like really really sunburn. Don't know how that could have happened with jeans on but that must be what it is. Maybe my jeans have gotten too thin to be of any protection is all I can figure out. Or else some kind of weed or dust got up my pants legs, they really look kind of blotchy. I put benedril on them and they feel better but don't look any better.

Anyway when I came in another one of Bill's sons was here visiting. He is the one that owns the Marina. This is only the 2nd time he has been here so its nice to see him. He was not feeling too good because he had lifted an engine from a boat and hurt his back.

Kathy, you do seem to find some good wine in Michigan so might as well save your money and get it there.

Karen hope the change in diet that you were trying is working for you and helps you feel better. I have been drinking, in the morning, 8 ounces of water warmed in the microwave, 1 tsp of pure honey, 1 tsp of fresh squeezed lemon juice and 1 tblsp unfiltered, with "mother" vinegar ( available at WalMart) every morning. It either been the stress or that drink that has helped me to lose almost 10 pounds. It feels good to put on some clothes that are not tight. I have all sizes it seems so didn't have to buy any smaller ones.

Sharon, I have heard of other people drinking that mixture that you drink every morning. Whatever works then that is what you go with. Ten pounds is great. I agree that having your cloths fit good and not feeling tight.

That was a very long time for being outside working. I am thinking that dust or other things got caught inside of your jeans. At least you had something to put on to take care of the inching. With this dry weather we have had, I think you just over did it.

We have been watering everyday. Even though the past few days they have been calling for rain, we have gotten nothing at all.

There are various wineries in Michigan. We go to this one and I usually get a 20% discount, and I am able to sample a few different wines. So we usually come back with a case of wine.

I hope both you and Bill have a good day today.

Kathy

My legs look really terrible, I showed them to Bill's dr son when he came over this morning. He said it was a stage 4 dermitius something or other. He recommended that I get some spray Benedrly and some Clairton to take orally. We had him and another son and that girlfriend, but she was sober today, and a daughter come at the same time around 11 am. Then about 2pm we had his other daughter and husband and their daughter come. I asked them to stay with Bill so I could go up and get the stuff for my legs. When I got back home, the husband had looked up shingles and had a picture of it on his cell phone. He said "I think we have diagnosed your rash". It does look alot like the picture but the one thing that is wrong is that I have it on both legs and shingles only goes on one side of the body or the other, not both. I am hoping that it will go away, or at least fade some, since it is bright red.

Several of the "kids" had gone water skiing this morning around 7 am to avoid the crowds and then rode around the lake on their bikes. The one daughter is always arranging things and has already set up a tee time for them to all go golfing next Saturday after bike riding.

So tomorrow we do not have anyone scheduled to come over.

We had quite a light show in the sky tonight around 9pm and a little sprinkle but not alot of rain. Think most of it went around us. We could use the rain now.

I don't think the drink is the main reason I lost the weight, it was when Bill was in the hospital and care center and I was running back and forth so much just didn't feel like eating. Still not making much for dinner since he is mainly drinking Ensure for food. I did grill a bratwurst on my George Foreman grill and cut up some cucumber and red pepper to dip in some ranch dressing for dinner tonight.

How's your Bill's arm, getting any better or having anything done on it yet?

Sharon, I believe you got that contact dermitius based on what you said for being outside for so long. I know my Bill get's that real easy, and the Dr is always saying, you cannot wash your hands enough when outside and especially wearing gloves.

I know around here yesterday we did not get any rain, until 11:30 and then it really came down and a lot of lightening as well. I would say that we got about an inch of rain last night.

I did not know that you lived on a lake. You spoke about water skiing and riding a bike around the lake. I agree that most likely the stress that you have is the main contributor in your weight loss. But if the drink is working, then you should stick with it as well.

For my Bill he is not going to get any better until he has the surgery. As he has a mussel that is detached fromm the bone. He wants to loose weight first, as he is sure they will not do the surgery until he does so.

Kathy

No we don't live on the lake, but his son has a marina on the lake and the son in law keeps his boat there. He is the one that takes them out water skiing. I would love to live on the lake but the taxes would be terrible. Lots of people have moved because of high taxes there. Bill bought the marina when all his kids were little and gave it to the one son after he grew up.

I felt so sorry for Bill tonight, he keeps saying how bad he wants to get well and get out of the bed. He has been drinking 2 bottle of the Ensure plus which should help him get a little strength in his legs again. I have to put the belt on him to help get him in the wheelchair to go to the bathroom.

I have the Visiting Angel guy coming tomorrow, I make it for 4 hours instead of 3 because I am always having to hurry from one thing to the next in order to not run out of time.

My legs are a little better, I looked it up and what I have is something called golfers rash, it is from the heat. It will take some time for it to go away but should be better on its own. I am still spraying Benedryl on it.

My sister had an appmnt with the cancer dr today, he told her she would only need 4 chemo treatments each 3 weeks apart, instead of 8 treatments so she was happy to hear that. Then they will do the lumpectomy.

And I did make an appmnt for my colonoscopy! Bills daughter said they would get it covered somehow so go ahead and make the appmnt. They have a daughter that is a school teacher and off for the summer and she has worked at the assisted living home for several years. She said she would stay with Bill, who is her grandfather. And his daughter may take off work and go with me. So it is not until Aug 26, will have to see what happens between now and then, might have to cancel if things change.

Sharon, until you have brought it up here, I do not remember you ever saying that Bill bought a marina and gave it to his son. How far away is this marina from you?

Another nice day in the 80's. I have never heard of that type of rash that you have. But it does make sense with you being out working for so long. You have not had good luck being outside with ticks and now this.

Good that you were able to get things worked out for the Colonoscopy. Bill has not made his appointment, but plans to make one for just after Thanksgiving. Generally, they will do both the Colon and then the upper Endoscope as well.

I was just going to ask you about your sister. Let's hope the reduced chemo. I will pray that all goes well for her. At least she has family that will make sure she is cared for. Too bad that Bill is not feeling too strong. That Ensure is very good and hopefully he will start feeing stronger. Also good that you were able to extend the hour with the Visiting Angle as well for today.

Kathy

He bought the marina probably 30 years ago, gave that to one son, started an electrical/refrigeration business and gave that to another son. Both businesses are still going strong. His one daughter has the two assisted living homes and another daughter has a beauty shop, one son is a doctor and one daughter is semi retired and works in quality control for a company. So all his kids are doing good. The marina is about a half an hour from us.

I finally got to go to the nursery that I bought a groupon from, $25 for a $50 coupon. I had bought it in the spring and was going to get my vegetable and annuals from there but with so much going on I just never got over there. Now there was only 1 week left on it so decided I had to get over there. I bought 2 hydranga's. One has big white flowers on it that are changing to pink and the owner of the nursery said they will then change to red. The other hydranga has white/greenish balls of flowers and is very pretty also. Now I will have to decide where to plant them because they should get to be pretty big bushes.

The visiting angels guy said he would help me give Bill a shower whenever he wanted it. But it will be more like when I want it because Bill doesn't want a shower, he would rather me wash him off all over with a wash cloth. I think he thinks it would be too hard but we have a walk in shower and the shower seat. Only thing would be getting him out, drying him and dressing him. Would probably wear him out pretty bad.

So you have another game tomorrow night, should be a nice night, but bring your bug spray. The mosquitoes are pretty bad here.

I picked a plum tomato and a regular big tomato off my plants grown in the straw bales. They are doing great, hope the frost holds off quite a while yet, there are lots of green ones on the plant.

I didn't know they could do both "ends" at the same time, do they put you pretty much out to do the endoscopy? Wonder which one they do first. I haven't had that and with as much trouble I have swallowing any size pill would really be worried to have one. Its great that he has done so well after his surgery, hope he is able to get some of the weight off again like he did before.

Are you still on track at WW? I have been eating more, not good, healthy stuff, but quick things like cookies and anything with carbs it seems. So far only up a couple of pounds but I know thats how it starts back again.

I've had my endoscopy awake . Only mildly discomfort at one point. I bought Hoodia its a herb that takes away appetite with no caffeine. Now I am going to do more research to see if I can take it with my blood pressure meds. Should have done that before I guess. lol. I am so glad your husband got the medication he needed. It is a a shame people have to fight for good health care in this country. We really need single payment.

Sharon, yes still on track at WW. I only have to go 1 per month to keep everything right. Since I am so busy at work I have not been going every week. Today has been nuts, and we are playing first tonight. So 1 couple on our team just lost both of his parents so things have been rough for them. Yes, many people have bug spray, especially the last games.

Wow, your Bill must be very proud of all of his kids and how well they have done. Also you are still doing very well with you plants in you garden and all of those bails have done quite well.

This angle guy sounds like the right person to be taking care of Bill and helping you out as well. It is very hard to find the right kind of caregivers and it looks like you have a real good person.

Kathy

So how did the game go tonight? I bet now you will start winning until the end! I am surprised at how cool its getting at night already and in August. Seem to me it should still be pretty warm at night.

Yes he is proud of his kids and glad that they all are coming over to visit with him too.

I had Hospice call and wanted to come over, I asked them what for? They said to enroll him in the program. I said we never agreed to that. They were very surprised. I wasn't going to report that nurse gal, but this was an opportunity so I told them what she has been saying to me and Bill and how she just keeps pushing him to go in Hospice. They were very surprised and said someone else would be calling me to talk about it. But like usual, no one else has called.

Our day started out pretty good, but Bill just has no appetite and honest to goodness looks like the pictures of the holocost survivors. His cheek bones are very prominent and his little legs and arms are so tiny. This disease is just so terrible, it so very slowly kills you. And yet he keeps telling me he wants to get well.

You have done very good on WW and are still keeping it off which is the hard part. Seems lately, and I think I have mentioned this, I am eating more and more kind of just to do something. Only up a pound or two then back down but pretty soon if I keep it up it won't go back down I don't think.

Karen didn't they give you anything to relax, I think I would panic or gag or something. Does it go down your throat or nose? I have heard of Hoodia, never taken it but hope it works for you. We just keep trying different things and sooner or later happen upon the right thing for us to work.