***Welcome To The New Cruise Countdown Club***

mstrc1

Sharon, you are right, we did win for the second time and now 2 in a row. The game went into over time as we were tied when the buzzer went off, and ended wining by 1 point. Yes, it is nice that it cools off at night. But for some strange reason, around here the leaves have been falling for a month now. We have never seen this before.

I agree that you should have said something about that nurse. I would have called up and asked for a different nurse to be coming over.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that this trend continues with WW. It has been such a struggle over the years and now it is starting to pay off for me.

Kathy

I've had my endoscopy awake . Only mildly discomfort at one point. I bought Hoodia its a herb that takes away appetite with no caffeine. Now I am going to do more research to see if I can take it with my blood pressure meds. Should have done that before I guess. lol. I am so glad your husband got the medication he needed. It is a a shame people have to fight for good health care in this country. We really need single payment.

Karen, I have heard about that Hoodia before. Let us know how it all is working out for you. My Bill has this expression when going in for those tests. One time the nurse said to him, we usually do both tests at the same time, why are you not doing both tests. Bill said, I do not want you to get confused on what end you are working on. He is knocked out for the tests.

Ha ha, that's a good one Kathy, but he's right if you are only having one test they shouldn't get mixed up. How is he doing with the weight loss? Did he keep his larger size clothes when he lost all that weight.

i have all different sizes. They say you should get rid of your "fat" clothes when you lose weight for added incentive to keep it off. Wonder how many people really do get rid of them.

Going to have lots of company again tomorrow afternoon. One daughter is bringing Bill's son in law, he is real handy and has done quite a bit of work for us. She asked if we needed anything done, he would bring down his tools. But anything I want done is not a quick little job. We have a heater fan for the bathroom but that would involve getting into the attic and much more work than I want him to have to do. So guess he will just get to visit with us. Then dr son was coming down tonight and other daughter and husband will come after she gets off work.

Bill asked me tonight if we could have my pastor do his service when it was time. But then he said he still so wishes he could get well again. It is just heart breaking to see him struggling so.

So doesn't look like we will be getting any rain soon. The corn is starting to look like pineapple plants, all yellow and spikey. The crops got such a good start and now when they are filling out, no rain.

Sharon, he is just maintaining, but hasn't lost a lot, and he kept his fat man cloths. He has to have to surgeries. One for his elbow and the other for his foot with a heal spur. He is going to have those tests after Thanksgiving.

You are going to have lots of people visiting today. Hopefully with all of those visiting, they will not tire Bill out.

The first 1/2 of summer we did not water at all, with all of the rainfall we had. Now we are watering everyday with no rainfall.

Enjoy all of the company today,

Kathy

We had two come to visit around 3 and they were on their way out when the second group came around 6. The son in law planted my two bushes in no time flat. It would have taken me much longer. We watered them good since the ground is so dry. It got kind of dark and rained for about 3 minutes.

I called Journey Care today and told them not to send that nurse here again. Also said if have some one nicer ok but if not forget it.

Got a notice in the mail today its time for a mamogram. Just got the colonoscopy scheduled and now will have to set up an appmnt for that.

Any plans to see your kids or grandkids this weekend?

Karen, I have heard about that Hoodia before. Let us know how it all is working out for you. My Bill has this expression when going in for those tests. One time the nurse said to him, we usually do both tests at the same time, why are you not doing both tests. Bill said, I do not want you to get confused on what end you are working on. He is knocked out for the tests.

I have never had that done like that. Your husband has a great sense of humor. :)

If I ever have that done I would want to be out! I got the instructions fand a prescription order to go pick up for the colonoscopy. I thought 8:45 was a good time but then they said be there and hour early and the instructions said take the last dise at 4 something. I am not a morning person.

Was going to go for a short bike ride, have 3 old bikes. Aired up the tires on one and tried it out on the driveway. Seemed to be stuck in a very low gear, too hard to pedal. Aired up the tires on 2nd bike, only had brakes on front wheel and that squeeked loudly when applied. So aired up tires on the 3rd bike, it had handle bars that you almost had to lay over with brake handles under that. So finally put the last one back in the garage and went back in to watch TV.

Sharon, I was gone all day yesterday as I went to Wilmington, IL on the Illinois River where my kids have their places where they go on the weekends.

We never got any rain at all yesterday. But it is forecast for today. It sure looks like rain, but I guess we shall wait and see.

It is good that you have someone to help you out with doing things around the house. Also good that they all are not coming all at once to visit Bill. Also good that you told them not to be sending that nurse again. They should be able to find someone else.

Today we shall see what is going on. We may go to Naperville to visit Bill's son, or they may come here. We have not heard back from him as yet. Enjoy and have a good day today.

Kathy

I have never had that done like that. Your husband has a great sense of humor. :)

Karen, he always says things that he thinks the nurse will laugh at, but she did not. So he was a little disappointing.

Kathy

That sounds like a fun day. I don't think you have mention going there before. Do they ever get flooded being on the river? I always wanted to live on a lake, so relaxing to just sit and look at the water.

Bill's son brought Bill's sister out again without saying anything to us first. When they pulled in to the driveway I told him she had came too and he said, oh no. So I told his son not to do that again. Then his son was talkjng to huim and starts asking him about what kind of a service he wants. The he said one of the daughters was going to call the priest to come out. Bill has not been to the catholic church for years, the priest would not know him from adam and my pastor has been out to see him in the hospital, care center and home and is coming again next week. I told Bill the next kid that comes out tell them what you want so they don't butt in and take over. Honestly they must come, visit then go talk about what to do when he dies! I know there is going to be big problems coming.

Anyway, no rain here either but cooler and looks like it could.

Sharon, you are right. Bill does not like going there because all of the men just sit around drinking. So Bill had something to do helping one of his friends doing some coaching. So I decided to go there for the day. They have not gotten any flooding as they are back from the river and not right on the river. You can see it but they are not right on it.

I keep forgetting to ask you about all of that bad weather last week was centered around Gray's Lake and Round Lake. How far away are they form where you live. I know you had said that you had no damage, I was thinking on how close it was from you.

Now I feel that all of this stuff is upsetting you, and me reading this upsets me as well. I do not know why they all just do not respect you and Bill and not to be talking about this morbid stuff. That should be talked with you 2 only, and they all should respect you and stop talking about this crap.

It sure looks like rain today, but we may not get any today. Yesterday we did get a small amount of rain, but nothing to make any difference.

Kathy

Well I guess all the kids will be happy, the priest is coming Wednesday morning. Like I said, Bill has never seen or heard of him snd he sure doesn't know Bill. The church secretary is an old friend of mine but she too said well Bill is catholic so he should have a priest come out. I asked her whst she thought he could do different that what my pastor does. She said well he will give him the sacrememt. I said, my pastor has been doing that for the last two months! I hope he doesn't start that last rites stuff on him either.I'm not anti catholic but since he has been going to my church for the last 10 years and knows the pastor I just don't feel its necessary,

I don't really know where Round Lake is so must not be close to us, we haven't gotten a real rain and the grass is starting to brown in spots. Today we had just a sprinkle then the sun came back out. All weekend it looked like rain but we didn't get any.

Karen I too have heard of recording your wishes, but at this point I don't think Bill could even do that. Lately he has been having trouble deciphering between what he is dreaming and what is real. For instance, his wedding ring has gotten way to big with his weight loss. I put a little rubber ring guard on it yesterday. Today I saw it was gone so I asked him what happened to it. He said oh I took it off and put it in the drawer. He hasn't gotten out of the bed except to get in the wheel chair to go to the bathroom and back. But he was sure thats what happened to it. Some times very clear but not so much other times. One thing though he still always tells me he loves me.

Sharon, I think this should be your decision on who Bill sees. If Bill has been seeing your pastor and has been doing so for the past 10 years and your pastor knows Bill, then that is the person he should be seeing, not someone who does not know him. That does not make any sense at all. This should be your decision not anyone else. Those kids are taking over and doing way more than they should be doing.

Around 4 pm yesterday we got like a micro burst that moved though here. A big burst of thunder and a heavy down pour for about 1/2 hour and that was it. We got nothing like the western suburbs got, like Glen Elllyn.

Maybe it is best to either put tape around the ring or just take it off so you do not loose it. He might just take the tape off and not really knows he did so. That is very good that he is saying that he loves you.

Kathy

Had my 3 hours out, went to the farm got the mail, wrote rent receipts, went to post office, Panera to get bagels, Walmart and Kohls. Fit quite a few things in a short time.

Tomorrow should be interesting. oriest around 9 am, a couple gals from Wednesday night bringing lunch and Bill's son and girlfriend around 4 pm.

You were lucky you got a little rain, seems its either too much or too little in most places.

Tomorrow night you have your game again, good luck!

Sharon, you extended his time to 4 hours now to allow you more time to get things done, right?

Today I suppose like almost everyday, you will be having more people coming over to visit. I would think depending on how many show up, that it must tire Bill out with all of the visits.

Yes, it was a short burst of rain and high winds and thunder. Now I guess we may not get much rain this week. We are watering every day as things get dried out fast.

Tonight we play bocce, and we are still in last place even though we have won twice in a row. I think we have 4 games to play for the end of the season, including tonight.

Kathy

No I have him come for 3 hours, only had him come that one time for 4 hrs. Guess I didn't post yesterday. Seems sometimes my mind doesn't work. Tuesday I took Bill's car because it hadn't been ran for a while. I went to Walmart and when I came out I could not find my car anywhere. But I wasn't thinking and was looking for my car not Bill's. Looked pretty stupid wandering around the parking lot.

Father Mike came yesterday morning, I was prepared not to like him but I did. He was very nice and was 91 years old. You would never know it, he looks much younger. He came between 9 and 9:30. As soon as he left my pastor called and said he would like to come over around 10 am. So we got a double dose of religion.

One of Bill's daughters did another "zinger" to me. He has several cemetary plots that he bought a long time ago, just in case. His daughter knows this and today while I was gone she stopped to see him and leave a form she had created saying she wanted to buy those extra plots so that they would stay in the family, then she listed all the kids. What was left off, and I guess because I am not one of the "family" was my name. She then made two lines for signatures, his and hers. Luckily he did not sign it and it upset him that she would do that.

He is not good today, this morning he told me he thought he would probably go today. I.told him no not today.. This evening he said he was so tired of being like this he could hardly stand it, then he told me he loved me. So tonight I am sleeping on the couch by his bed.

Sharon, I know how quickly the 3 hours goes by. Can you or are you able to extend him 1 more hour to allow you more time to get things done?

I know the feeling about loosing your car. That has happened to me as well and yes, you do feel kind of strange not being able to find your car.

I do not know why some of his kids are not respecting you as you have been together for more than 10 years and you are his wife. They need to respect you and stop all of that garbage of not including you in everything. That is just not right.

Well I got a real shocker on Wednesday. Bill called me in the afternoon saying he was on his way down to the ER. He woke up and his pants were covered with blood. So he called the Dr and he said to get right down and see what is going on.

He arrived to the ER around 3:15 and sat there in the waiting room for 6 hours, before being brought back to the ER. He was down there a total of 7 hours, and what they found is he had a cut and since he is on blood thinners, he just bleed. All is OK now but it gave me a shock, and he did not arrive home until 11:30 that night.

I hope both you and Bill are doing better today. I say prayers everyday for yo both. All the best.

Kathy

I agree with Kathy. 10 years they have had more than enough time to adjust. They are not kids yet. Please allow some time for yourself not just to run errands. Try to do something that will make you feel better. Maybe a movie or lunch with a g/f. I can't believe they let your husband sit at that hospital that long. Glad he is home and better. Both of you nice ladies take care. Karen

Oh my Kathy, I bet you were scared to death! And I bet Bill was too, but waiting that long for treatment is awful. Glad it was nothing serious, could have been but wasn't.

Yes the "kids" are something else. I don't know what is the matter with them. They should be happy for him, we had such a good time and did so many things that he enjoyed. I think its all about the money, everyone is afraid they won't get their fair share. Which is ridiculous, he shouldn't give any of them anything, we should have spent it all. I know the worst is yet to come too.

You know I could get the Visiting Angel guy to stay much longer, but even when I am not here I worry about him.

I know its crazy but because he doesn't eat I feel guilty eating and I would feel bad going out and having a fun time knowing he is laying in bed at home.

I did sleep on the couch last night so today and tonight I am really tired, but I was so worried he would pass away during the night and I wanted to be where I could hear him if he called me. He had a very restless night but made it through to morning.

We had them (kids) all here at different times today, glad when the last ones left. Was supposed to have a guy out to fix the rail on the hospital bed, should have come between 3 and 6. He called at 6pm said his car broke down couldn't get here today. Wonderful customer service.

Watching the lightening dance across the sky tonight, hope it brings some rain.

Sharon, we were watching the very same thing last night. However it did not amount to anything at all for our area. Still watering everyday to keep everything green. Today I guess we could get some form of showers but who knows. Still watering in the event we do not get enough.

I don't mean you should go out and have a bang good time. I just think you should take the time to have some down time for yourself and not have to rush around. Just relax and try to make that time just for you to step back and pull things together. He has you cell in case he does need you.

Bill said he will never go to an ER again unless he is dyeing. Yesterday he went don to see the Dr and to check to see if all was going as expected. After waiting for over an hour, he got up and left. He told them he had another appointment. As he was totally fed up with all of the waiting he went through this week. He feels his time is just as important as their's. So what is the point of having an appointment if they cannot keep their's.

I agree how money changes people. This is totally crazy on how they are treating you, and you know all too well what is in store for down the road. I cannot stand people who do nothing but act that way just for the money. It is just not right. They need to respect and treat you as their father's spouse and let things alone.

Kathy

I agree with Kathy. 10 years they have had more than enough time to adjust. They are not kids yet. Please allow some time for yourself not just to run errands. Try to do something that will make you feel better. Maybe a movie or lunch with a g/f. I can't believe they let your husband sit at that hospital that long. Glad he is home and better. Both of you nice ladies take care. Karen

Karen, you hit the nail right on the head. These kids are just bottom feeders and they need to respect Sharon, and treat her as a loving spouse of their father and someone who has been there taking care of him and loving him as well.

Good for Bill getting up and leaving, I agree what good is an appmt if they can't do better than that. I know sometimes people are late or take more than their alloted time but it there is a limit as to how long you are expected to wait.

I know what you mean Kathy about getting away from it for a while just to get my head straight. And you are right, he has my cell phone no to call.

Tonight when I took him to the bsthroom he had a desconnected look in his eyes like he wasn't really even there. He couldn't stand up to get to the toliet and didn't seem to hear me telling him to stand while I tried to pull him up. After a little whi lo e he sort of came back and I was able to get him on the toliet. But he could not stand up to get off so I had to call his daughter to come and help. We were able go get him up and back into bed and he has been sleeping ever since.

We had decided this morning it was now time to call Hospice and try to get sone more helpso this just reinforced it. Don't know if I can get a hold of anyone tomorrow or if I will have to wait for Monday. Not sure I will be able to get him back up again at all.

Sorry about keeping on about this all the time, I'm sure its getting pretty old reading this every night.

Sharon, don't you ever give this a second thought about posting everyday. This is a huge strain on you and I will do nothing but to continue to say prayers for both you and Bill and for the best for you both.

You need time not to be rushing around so consider having the man stay longer to allow you to have more time for yourself. No one is saying go out and have a grand time away. Just time to relax and enjoy your time out and about.

Yesterday afternoon we had about 1/2 hour of a passing thunderstorms. However for the next few days the heat index could get into the 100's tomorrow with very high temps.

It was too bad about the accident at the Air & Water Show yeaterrday. That is the very same hospital that Bill goes to where they were taken. The man died today.

Kathy

I heard about the accident but didn't hear he had died. Seemed like people said they thought he was unconscious coming down and that is why he hit the building. Wonder if they will ever find out or if it even matters now.

I talked to my sister a little while ago, she did not feel so good yesterday and feels even worse today. She is wondering how long this feeling will last and if she is going to even be able to tolerate the chemo. She lives with her son and daughter in law so they will keep an eye on her.

Had Bill's son and girlfriend over a little before noon, a friend of ours called to talk and I told her she should just come over so she did. Her and her husband were the other couple we danced with. He was putting up hay so didn't come. Then around 4 Bill's daughter and granddaughter stopped in for about a half an hour.

This tablet sees a word and replaces it automatically with something else. I don't know where to turn that off. It especially likes to change the words "and" and "the."

Monday tomorrow, good luck back to work, hope you have a good week. Say, without looking at prior posts I can't remember did you win Wednesday night?