All Things Explorer of the Seas! -- Part 2

Can anyone recently off the Explorer tell me if they still have washclothes? I have been reading some threads that people have said their ship did not have washclothes.

Thanks

Just got off today, and yes there are plenty of washcloths to go around :)

what type of free drinks can you get for kids and babies in the windjammer?

You can always get milk. For breakfast they have apple juice, orange juice, and lemonade. Other times it is lemonade and flavored water. You can bring your own juice boxes if you like. You can also carry out breakfast drinks and keep them in your frig for later in the day.

Can anyone tell me if the following hours for the Windjammer is correct?

Continental Breakfast: 6:30 a.m.-7:30 a.m.

Full-Buffet Breakfast: 7:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m.

Lunch: Noon-2:00 p.m.

Afternoon Tea and Snacks: 4:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.

Dinner: 6:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m.

Thanks!

The WJ hours look reasonable, but I seem to remember some variations depending on whether it was a sea day or not. The exact hours are listed daily in the Compass as are the hours for breakfast and lunch in the MDR. Is there a particular reason you are asking this question?

I don't remember washcloths in the locker room, but maybe I wasn't really looking.

Edited by 138east
washcloths

Just off the 9 night and will scan and save the daily compasses in a bit. We often had more than enough washcloths in the room. DJ Scratch Academy was promoted several times. Great crew, great cruise.

Just off the 9 night and will scan and save the daily compasses in a bit. We often had more than enough washcloths in the room. DJ Scratch Academy was promoted several times. Great crew, great cruise.

Thank you so much for letting me know about the dj scratch academy and for scanning in the cruise compass. Can't wait to read them. Glad to hear you had a good time, what cabin were you in? How was the condition of your cabin?

Thanks,

Loralie

Thanks for this New Thread.

We were planning to park at the pier, but 2 wks ago there WAS a problem with paint spraying onto park cars, resulting in damage. (read about this in the MEMBER REVIEWs). We have found an off site parking lot with RT shuttle service to the Explorer. Not going to take any chances.

Now, we are wondering about BED BUGS - anybody hear anything recent?

Saw a TV segment, this morning, and it got us to thinking about BED BUGS when it was stated that NY has the highest %.

WHERE do the DIAMONDS typically meet?

We were planning to park at the pier' date=' but 2 wks ago there WAS a problem with paint spraying onto park cars, resulting in damage. (read about this in the MEMBER REVIEWs). We have found an off site parking lot with RT shuttle service to the Explorer. Not going to take any chances.

Saw a TV segment, this morning, and it got us to thinking about BED BUGS when it was stated that NY has the highest %.

WHERE do the DIAMONDS typically meet?[/quote']

I ordered and received an inexpensive car cover through amazon. we were there about 1-1/2 weeks ago to watch the Explorer leave, and I noticed a large navy ship tied up to the same pier, but on the opposite side. Wonder if this ship is there for yard work.(?)

We leave in a few days.....Can anyone tell me if you can purchase smoothies anywhere?

Edited by B-52

We were planning to park at the pier' date=' but 2 wks ago there WAS a problem with paint spraying onto park cars, resulting in damage. (read about this in the MEMBER REVIEWs). We have found an off site parking lot with RT shuttle service to the Explorer. Not going to take any chances.

WHERE do the DIAMONDS typically meet?

Can you give me any more info on this parking site? Thanks

Guest maddycat

WHERE do the DIAMONDS typically meet?[/quote']

We were on the Explorer in May. No bed bugs. Diamonds met at the 19th Hole on deck 14, next to Dizzy's. The Diamond event was every night from 5:00 to 8:30.

Guest maddycat
We are booked on her 3 times between October 2011 and March 2012. Doing three different itineraries, three different lengths of days, and three different types of cabins.

I would like to know about the paint issue at the pier. How much is parking per day?

Is it crowded at the suite pool area that is sectioned off? Is it a big area?

What time is Diamond lounge happy hour? Is it the same for cocktail hour if you are in a suite? I realize they are in different locations. I am a Diamond member and have a suite on one of my sailings.

Thanks for the new thread and answers.

Parking at the pier is $19 a day.

The area that is reserved for suite guests at the pool usually isn't crowded. The size of the area seems adequate.

For information about the paint over spray at the pier go to the east coast departures board. The topic is being discussed there.

We were planning to park at the pier, but 2 wks ago there WAS a problem with paint spraying onto park cars, resulting in damage. (read about this in the MEMBER REVIEWs). We have found an off site parking lot with RT shuttle service to the Explorer. Not going to take any chances.

Hi! We are sailing on Explorer over July 4th - I was wondering about your off site parking. I would rather not risk the paint either!

Many Thanks!

Edie

Hi! We are sailing on Explorer over July 4th - I was wondering about your off site parking. I would rather not risk the paint either!

Many Thanks!

Edie

We will be on this sailing also. Can't wait....getting close.

We just got back from the May 26 9-night cruise yesterday and will be doing a review soon, but in the meantime, if anyone has any questions, I'll be happy to answer them!

Edited by efields2

http://www.aboutairportparking.com/newark-liberty-international-airport-parking

http://www.aboutairportparking.com/park-2-go-ewr-airport-parking

We called the Park 2 Go - they accept reservations. Until RCL can get the dockyard to insure no damage to parked cars, IMHO, it's "Park at your own risk".

A car cover could be a good option, but I still wouldn't trust it. We are going to leave in plenty of time to permit the parking and then shuttle. Our first experience will be on the 9/1 and if we are satisfied, will do it again, 12/11.

http://www.aboutairportparking.com/newark-liberty-international-airport-parking

http://www.aboutairportparking.com/park-2-go-ewr-airport-parking

We called the Park 2 Go - they accept reservations. Until RCL can get the dockyard to insure no damage to parked cars' date=' IMHO, it's "Park at your own risk".

A car cover could be a good option, but I still wouldn't trust it. We are going to leave in plenty of time to permit the parking and then shuttle. Our first experience will be on the 9/1 and if we are satisfied, will do it again, 12/11.[/quote']

Thanks

Is the shuttle free or is there a fee? and is the shuttle a scheduled time or can we go when we want to go and get picked up?

Edited by familyof4cruising

As with an airport parking lot where you park and hop on the shuttle, for drop off at the airport, so, too, is this a park & shuttle service to the port (they also do the airport) - it's one inclusive price. I priced it and it worked out close to the $19 per nt the port charges, but avoiding any car damage is our goal, even though this is going to be bothersome to park and shuttle over.

This service offers either inside or outside parking options.

Is it worth the money to upgrade from E1 to D1 or D3? The total price difference for 2 people is only $20. Thanks!

for 20 - yes - a little more space but makes a difference - stay away from deck 6 if you mind metal bottom on the balcony other decks are plexi glass

this is the link where I found the cruise ship shuttle -

http://www.park2go.com/rates

Upgrade $20 per nt per person???

Park2Go has had mixed reviews

http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?showtopic=24239&

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g46671-i866-k1200563-Newark_Airport_Parking-Newark_New_Jersey.html

If you're worried about paint overspray, I'd buy a car cover and park at the port or do a park/sleep through trinityreservations.com and pay for the shuttle service on their web site.