October 3, 2005 - Hawaii Circle cruise

Frogso

Just booked passage on the Hawaiian Circle cruise starting on October 3 of this year. We've (my husband & I) never been to Hawaii. Anyone else booked on this cruise?

Also past Hawaii cruisers, do they have a luau on the ship? Would you suggest a land tour to attend one? What time does embarkation usually take place? We're trying to book our own air travel since we have cancelled tickets from a previous trip and would like to know if we should arrive in San Diego the day before.

Any suggestions would be helpful. We're traveling with another couple and my parents.

Thanks!

I was booked on this cruise, but had to cancel.

:(

But cruiseing to Hawaii is the best way to see the islands.

You'll love it!! I don't really recall any luau's on board.

There was a deck party/BBQ on the night docked in Honolulu, and it featured island entertainment.

For a land-based luau, I'm sure the shore-Ex staff can give a few recommendations. Whatever you decide, enjoy the cruise!

You'll be planning on coming back for more 'aloha spirit'!!

:)

Absolutely, positively go out at least one day in advance. This will give you the advantage of having some time to adjust to the time difference; nothing worse than having a body on East-coast bed-time when it's only dinner-time on board.

Or maybe there is (something worse, that is)! And that would be leaving San Diego for five consecutive at-sea days without your luggage! Going a day or two in advance gives your luggage a chance to catch up if it doesn't arrive with you.

Oh, yeah. San Diego is a real nice place to visit, too. You won't waste your time going early.

Archived