- Oasis of the Seas is no longer the Most Popular Cruise Ships-

The following comprises a sampling of trends for May 2011

Reports are compiled based on actual consumer quote requests on ********, the highly acclaimed website where travel agents compete to offer the best deal for consumer cruise business.

Most Popular Cruise Ships

(Ranked by the total number of quote requests for each ship)

1. Premium/Contemporary: Caribbean Princess (replacing Oasis of the Seas)

2. Luxury: Queen Mary 2

3. River: SS Antoinette (overtaking Viking Helvetia from last month)

Reports are compiled based on actual consumer quote requests on ********, the highly acclaimed website where travel agents compete to offer the best deal for consumer cruise business.

Who cares? My choice is still RCL no matter what ship.:rolleyes:

Funny thing about his signature is that every time I see this statement:

"Royal Caribbean CEO Richard Fain stating that he’d rather RCI sail with empty cabins than discount the prices."

I am glad I sail Royal Caribbean. I would rather my favorite cruise line maintain a steady price point with a standard passenger group in mind than drop prices down to fill the ship and bring in a different class of people (by class I'm not trying to insult, I simply mean college students and other people looking for a cheap party vacation).

What mental institution was this taken at? There is no way in h*ll a person could even compare the Caribbean Princess with the Oasis. You might like a smaller ship but in no other way do they even compare. The Oasis is sooooo far over the top this is a joke.

Care to share the name of the website?

It can't be a travel agency, as that would be biased on the business. Only Travel Agencies are banned from be told about on Cruise Critic, because they are one as well.

Why can't that information be shared???:rolleyes:

Rick

You got your RCI slam in. Now head on back to the Circus/Carnival boards and take your meds.

That's funny! :D

Funny thing about his signature is that every time I see this statement:

"Royal Caribbean CEO Richard Fain stating that he’d rather RCI sail with empty cabins than discount the prices."

I am glad I sail Royal Caribbean. I would rather my favorite cruise line maintain a steady price point with a standard passenger group in mind than drop prices down to fill the ship and bring in a different class of people (by class I'm not trying to insult, I simply mean college students and other people looking for a cheap party vacation).

That doesn't seem to be what RCI is doing, however. Prices in Europe on several ships have been getting really cheap lately. In fact, some 7 night cruises departing from Venice on Voyager are as low as $399.

Here's the rest of the rankings if anyone is interested. Hard to believe that NASSAU and INSIDE CABINS rank #1 in their respective categories. For what it's worth I guess you have to take it with a grain of salt. Keep in mind this apparently changes month to month based on specific types of requests this [unnamed website] receives.

Article:

[name of website] has mined its wealth of cruise data to report the latest trends in consumer behavior and purchase decisions for cruise vacations. This valuable information and statistics are available in its [cruise website] report.

[These] reports are compiled based on actual consumer quote requests on [that website] the highly acclaimed website [bla bla bla].

The following comprises a sampling of trends for May 2011.*

For purposes of the [this websites] report, cruise lines recognized as premium or contemporary are grouped together as premium/contemporary.

Most Popular Cruise Lines

(Ranked by the total number of quote requests for each particular line in the given month)

1. Premium/Contemporary: Carnival Cruise Line

2. Luxury: Oceania (over Cunard Cruises last month)

3. River Cruises: Viking River Cruises

In second place are Royal Caribbean International for premium/contemporary, Cunard Cruises for luxury and Uniworld for river cruises.

Next in popularity are Carnival Paradise for premium/contemporary, Oceania Marina for luxury, and the MS AmaCello for river. (All are different ships from last month)

Most Popular Cruise Regions

(Ranked by the total number of quote requests for each region)

1. Premium/Contemporary: Caribbean

2. Luxury: Mediterranean (over Europe last month)

3. River: Europe

Next in popularity are North America for premium/contemporary, Europe for luxury, and Russia/Central Asia for river cruises.

Most Popular Cruise Departure Ports (Ranked by the total number of quote requests for each departure port)

1. Premium/Contemporary: Fort Lauderdale

2. Luxury: New York

3. River: Amsterdam

Next in popularity are Miami for premium/contemporary, Southampton for luxury, and Budapest for river cruises.

Most Popular Cruise Ports Visited (Ranked by the total number of quote requests for each port visited during cruise itineraries, excluding departure ports)

1. Premium/Contemporary: Nassau

2. Luxury: Kusadasi (Turkey)

3. River: Cologne

Next in popularity are Cozumel for premium/contemporary, Dubrovnik for luxury, and Rudesheim for river cruises.

Most Popular Countries Visited

(Ranked by the total number of quote requests for each country visited during cruise itineraries, excluding countries of departure)

1. Premium/Contemporary: Bahamas

2. Luxury: Greece

3. River: Germany

Second are Mexico for premium/contemporary, Turkey for luxury, and France for river cruises.

Most Popular Cabin Types

(Ranked by the total number of quote requests for each cabin type)

4. Premium/Contemporary: Inside Cabin

5. Luxury: Balcony Cabin

6. River: Outside Cabin

Hottest Months for Cruising

(Ranked by the most requested months)

1. Premium/Contemporary: July 2011 (May 2011 last month)

2. Luxury: July 2011 (changed from August 2011 last month)

3. River: July 2011

So all this data is sampling from a website that lets travel agents compete for customers business, by discounting or offering OBC etc on a cruise. So what do the results actually say, that more people are looking to save money on Princess, that on Oasis, which leads you to beleive that the majority of people who have booked Oasis,are happy with the price and have no need to try and get a buck or 2 OBC, whereas the people who have booked Princess, feel they have overpaid and are trying to get as much discount or OBC as possible.

The bottom line is why does any of this matter? I don't pick a cruise line because it is the most popular. I pick it because I enjoy it. The same goes for the ship that I choose to sail on. I couldn't care less if everyone else hated the ships that I choose.

I never was much into popularity contests even back in my high school days. But I guess that some people never leave those days behind them.

The bottom line is why does any of this matter? I don't pick a cruise line because it is the most popular. I pick it because I enjoy it. The same goes for the ship that I choose to sail on. I couldn't care less if everyone else hated the ships that I choose.

I never was much into popularity contests even back in my high school days. But I guess that some people never leave those days behind them.

Good comment, the "discussion" did seem to get a little infantile.

Thank goodness you posted this OP!

And here I was thinking about sailing on Oasis again after actually being on her once before and having a fabulous time.

But now, thanks to your oh so helpful post, I'm going to go right out and cancel my current booking on Oasis and change it to the Caribbean Princess.

Thanks!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thank goodness you posted this OP!

And here I was thinking about sailing on Oasis again after actually being on her once before and having a fabulous time.

But now, thanks to your oh so helpful post, I'm going to go right out and cancel my current booking on Oasis and change it to the Caribbean Princess.

Thanks!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Or #2 in the survey Carnival Paradise

Or #2 in the survey Carnival Paradise

...and to the #1 destination, Nassau, Bahamas in an inside cabin. :rolleyes:

NOT that there's anything wrong with the Carnival Paradise (done it), Nassau (been there, more times than I can to share) and in an Inside Cabin (had them, nice and dark!). Just that they really aren't #1's on my list anymore. ;)

...and to the #1 destination, Nassau, Bahamas in an inside cabin. :rolleyes:

NOT that there's anything wrong with the Carnival Paradise (done it), Nassau (been there, more times than I can to share) and in an Inside Cabin (had them, nice and dark!). Just that they really aren't #1's on my list anymore. ;)

I agree 100%

All I can tell you is one thing:

I've taken quite a few cruises and just back from the Oasis. In fact I gotta update my signature.

No matter what, the OASIS has been the best vacation I've ever had in my entire life. There's no comparison.

There's no vessel, mean of transportation in this world that can compare to the Oasis, it's truely a wonder.

Peope who have a negative attitute towards the Oasis/Allure is because they haven't sailed it, which is truely a shame.

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

Archived