Question on Tuesday Specials

jjl64

We are sailing on the Summit to Bermuda on July 3rd and we originally booked made our reservation on May 23rd. A week later i noticed that the prices for our ocean view stateroom had dropped by $219 per person. I called Celebrity hoping for a refund or OBC, but since we were past our final payment date, they told me I could only get an upgrade. Since I wasn't interested in another ocean view cabin, they let me upgrade to a balcony for $130 per person. I thought this was a pretty good deal and was happy with it.

Well, this morning I was looking at the forum to see if I could get some good info for our cruise and I came upon a post about the "Tuesday Specials". I checked out the link and now they have Concierge Class cabins listed for less than I paid for my regular balcony cabin. Does any one know if I can call Celebrity for a second time and get upgraded again? Or are these tuesday specials a one-shot deal?

Well, I called Celebrity and they upgraded us to the C2 Concierge class for no charge!

:)

Really? Now I'm confused. I thought that you could never get Tuesday specials if you were already booked, even just upgrades.

I'm glad you got the upgrade though!

Maybe the July sailing isn't selling well so they are trying to open up the lower categories to have less expensive cabins to try to sell? Who knows.

Awesome deal for the OP. I didn't think it would be done either. I'll have to pay attention when August/September rolls around.... :-)

Really? Now I'm confused. I thought that you could never get Tuesday specials if you were already booked, even just upgrades.

I'm glad you got the upgrade though!

Susie, it has always been that way. Looks like they are starting to

make "exceptions to the rule" or something. It is normally you book

what is being offered...no uprades and you must book on the Tuesday

of the special.

I just got a great deal on an inside GTY for this 6/19 Summit to Bermuda. BUT, you bet I will be watching over the next week to see if the deal should get better and will make a call if it does. However, I know that if they do upgrade us or make an adjustment, it would be an extra and isn't required per their fine print.

Archived