Month Cruise packing

bajaed69

:confused: We are sailing from Miami on Nov 4, 2005 thru the Canal , around the Horn to Buenous Aires aboard the Crown (Norwegian). Any suggestions about how to pack for something like this?:) This will be our fourth cruise, the rest were 7 to 10 days. We have traveled for a month in Europe on land with no problems. We use the Rick Steve's method of packing.

:confused: We are sailing from Miami on Nov 4, 2005 thru the Canal , around the Horn to Buenous Aires aboard the Crown (Norwegian). Any suggestions about how to pack for something like this?:) This will be our fourth cruise, the rest were 7 to 10 days. We have traveled for a month in Europe on land with no problems. We use the Rick Steve's method of packing.

I love Rick Steve's packing tips I think taking too much luggage is a nightmare, so I would pack for 7 days wear everything twice and do laundry. We travel everywhere with one carryon suitcase it works out just fine. Have a great trip. Lorelle

My longest cruise was 35 days and it was really easy to pack for. Just start with a color palate and go from there. If you keep to a few easy mix and match colors, it's really easy to make several outfits out of just a few pieces. Whenever I do a long cruise, I keep my daytime clothes in shades of black, khaki, navy and white and then mix and match tops and bottoms. You will have to use laundry services to keep packing to a minimum. For evening, I find that a basic black dress can be worn again and again with just a change of accessories. On one night, pair it with a shawl, on another night wear a jacket with the dress, and on another night you can wear it with just some jewelry.

Keep in mind that you will need a variety of clothing on your cruise. While the first portion of your cruise will likely have warmer weather as you reach South America and start to cruise down the coast it will get chilly with the coldest temperatures likely to be as you go around the Horn. As you go back up the coast on the Argentina side it will begin to get warmer. Just wanted you to know that you have to bring clothing for both warmer and cooler temperatures.

Keith

Thanks for all the tips. Will be able to pack with a lot mor confidence now. Looks like it will be done in layers for the trip around the Horn and taking clothes off as we get to warmer weather. Can't wait until then.

BAJAED:)

:confused: What is this?? We really can sail continuously on a major cruise line for so long? Ohhh... my dream! What ship is this on, and if you don't mind my asking, what is the approximate cost (feel no obligation to answer that)? Could you be so kind as to post an itenerary link?

This was a combination Cruise from Miami to Buenos Aires on the Norwegian Crown from Nov 5th to Dec 4th.

We found it on "cruisewwt.com\so.america.htm"

We have a friend who is a Travel Agent from his home so we got a real good deal from him. This is going to be our retirement cruise. We are moving to Palm Springs in May from San Francisco. You can never go back. So take it with you for the next trip.

BAJAED:rolleyes:

Thank you for the info! My (young :) ) mother recently retired, and has been traveling quite a bit in the year since, though only once to one of her dream places (a few weeks in Milan, and the Italian Riviera). My sister and I (both adults) just returned with her on her from all of our first real cruise 2 weeks ago, and she loved it, so much so that she's already planning a longer, more exotic one within the next year. I really want her to do somthing like you are doing, since she deep down wants to, really deserves it, and honestly can afford it. She worked for so hard for so long, in a high position that women of her generation rarely achieved, and she needs somthing like this! I have already forwarded on to her email your previous post in hopes of giving her inspiration as to the possibilities of ultimate self-reward and relaxation! Thanks again!:)

Archived