Whats best Dunn Rivers Falls excursion?

crn

Which ones are you considering?? I know RCL Oasis we are picking the one with caves to explore and then it goes to the falls, or express just the falls for an hour less. both are $69.

Are the ones you are considering the same price?

This past March we were on the Freedom and we did the Catamaran to Dunns River Falls. We booked it through the ship and it was great.Good thing we booked it through Carnival as my DH was seriously hurt on the ride back while on the catamaran.He was well taken care of by the crew on the catamaran who had a wheelchair waiting on the dock when we got back. It may have turned out differently if we had booked privately.

I've been twice with private tour guides. Loved going privately. We arrived early before the big cruise ship tours. We had a guide take just two in my group and another couple, so we had lots of time for photo ops (I was the photographer running up the stairs on the side). When the cruise ship tours arrived they had massive groups going up together and it didn't look like it was as much fun. Check the Jamaica ports of call for the best private tour guides.

We went with Phil Lafayette (sp?). He was wonderful and gave us a full day for about $40/pp (that's with tip). We did Dunns River Falls, a sightseeing tour, tasted some local cooking, and went tubing. We found it to be a really personal experience. He picked us up in an air-conditioned bus and kept it locked while we did our excursions. Very informative and we will definitely use them again!!

Another vote for Phil Lafayette! We had a family group, and it was great! We got to the falls before the masses from the ship, so it was much less crowded. He gave some advice about dealing with aggressive vendors, which was good, and everyone seemed to know him. He gave us lots of information when riding around, we went for a drive through Fern Gully, and to a jerk stand way out of town which was great. Would totally book with him again.

We did the Dunn River Falls with Moby Dick Tours. They were absolutely fabulous. Make sure you check them out. I did alot of investigating and the reviews that I read were really good. It turned out to pay off, they were great. I can't say enough good things about them

If you just want to go to the falls, you don't need any tour. Just grab a cab outside the port gates and you're set. We've done this twice and it's so nice to have the freedom to explore the falls on your own, relax at the beach and stay as late as you like. You can still join a group going up the falls, and then have the rest of the day to yourself.

If you just want to go to the falls, you don't need any tour. Just grab a cab outside the port gates and you're set. We've done this twice and it's so nice to have the freedom to explore the falls on your own, relax at the beach and stay as late as you like. You can still join a group going up the falls, and then have the rest of the day to yourself.

Yep, just make sure you get a cab with a JUTA plate.

Archived