Best way to embark

edbro

Getting there around 11am seems to work with most all ports......I've been to 3 different ones and I think 11am is good.

Get yourself organized before you get to the port. I make sure that I have room in my carry on back to stuff my things (coat, passport, wallet, necklace etc.) when going through security. This way you aren't standing there trying to pull all your stuff off. Once I had my camera around my neck and a necklace on and they got caught when I took them off and it was just a mess. I go with most everything in my carry on.

Have your luggage tags already on your bags

When you get through security just step to the side and get everything out you will need (like passport, funpass, credit card, etc.), then go to get into line.

There is a medical survey you have to fill out. Some ports hand them to you and others have them at a desk in the middle somewhere. Just know you need to have it filled out for check in.

When you get done checking in, they mainly tell you all you need is your Sign and Sail card. Put everything else back away, so you don't have your hands full or think about losing stuff. Don't throw anything back over your head or anything at this point b/c they have to take pictures for you S&S card and arrival photo. Also, no hats, sunglasses on when you are taking your S&S photo, so take those off and stick them away until you get onboard.

These are the things that help me get through check in with the least amount of pain and worry.

Walk with one foot in front of the other and enjoy your cruise.

Ah, someone already beat me to the sarcastic yet techinically correct response.

On my last cruise I arrived at the terminal around 1:30 and it was pretty quick onto the ship plus by then all of the rooms were ready.

Walk with one foot in front of the other and enjoy your cruise.

That I will!!!

I ask because in another thread I saw one guy state that he would not wait in the long line again. I think I read somewhere else that paying a porter to handle your bags got you through a special line.

In my experience later is better than ealier. We sailed out of Miami a couple weeks ago. We drove down from Orlando the same day so didn't arrive at the port for embarkation until about 2:30 - 3:00. There was literally NO line. None. We were on the ship within minutes.

The exact same thing happened to us years ago sailing out of Puerto Rico. Our plane was delayed due to mechanical problems (I know, I know, its safer to fly in the day before). We made it there on time though and by the time we arrived at the port there was literally no line, none. We were on the ship within minutes.

That I will!!!

I ask because in another thread I saw one guy state that he would not wait in the long line again. I think I read somewhere else that paying a porter to handle your bags got you through a special line.

That answer is in regard to debarkation, and it is true.

Get there early, around 10:30-11:00AM if departure is around 4:00PM

That I will!!!

Well once you are platinum, or traveling VIP, you get a bit more of an express line, but the truth is, our friends who were VIP who travled with us last year, were on the lido deck only 10 minutes after them.

That I will!!!

The porter trick applies to debarkation...and is well worth a few bucks!

T I think I read somewhere else that paying a porter to handle your bags got you through a special line.

thats AFTER the cruise-

Yes, paying a porter gets you to the front of the taxi line of people who did not partake in getting a porter- The Porter gets you to a quicker, faster line for customs/immigration.

Best money I ever spent.

Any tips for getting on the boat? Any way to avoid cattle lines?

Last month DH and I started mooing to each other when in the "cattle line". It was an infectious moo, others around us started to moo, then others near them.

It actually made for a pretty funny embarkation.

Last month DH and I started mooing to each other when in the "cattle line". It was an infectious moo, others around us started to moo, then others near them.

It actually made for a pretty funny embarkation.

That is awesome! What a fun way to pass the time and for everyone to have a few laughs. I might have to start that on my next cruise.

Instead of thinking of your fellow cruisers as moo moos in the cattle line, think of them rather as fellow cruisers, and you are all going to the same party. Might change your whole day:rolleyes:

Love this advice :D Thanks for sharing!

thats AFTER the cruise-

Yes, paying a porter gets you to the front of the taxi line of people who did not partake in getting a porter- The Porter gets you to a quicker, faster line for customs/immigration.

Best money I ever spent.

There was a line for the porters today at our debarkation, so we walked right up to the passport only line and breezed right through LOL! You just never know. We used the porter last time and it was awesome...

Getting there around 11am seems to work with most all ports......I've been to 3 different ones and I think 11am is good.

Get yourself organized before you get to the port. I make sure that I have room in my carry on back to stuff my things (coat, passport, wallet, necklace etc.) when going through security. This way you aren't standing there trying to pull all your stuff off. Once I had my camera around my neck and a necklace on and they got caught when I took them off and it was just a mess. I go with most everything in my carry on.

Have your luggage tags already on your bags

When you get through security just step to the side and get everything out you will need (like passport, funpass, credit card, etc.), then go to get into line.

There is a medical survey you have to fill out. Some ports hand them to you and others have them at a desk in the middle somewhere. Just know you need to have it filled out for check in.

When you get done checking in, they mainly tell you all you need is your Sign and Sail card. Put everything else back away, so you don't have your hands full or think about losing stuff. Don't throw anything back over your head or anything at this point b/c they have to take pictures for you S&S card and arrival photo. Also, no hats, sunglasses on when you are taking your S&S photo, so take those off and stick them away until you get onboard.

These are the things that help me get through check in with the least amount of pain and worry.

great tips! Thanks!

Archived