When Do I Get Cabin Assignment

edbro

I signed up for the deal where I pick the cabin class and they pick the actual cabin. I still have a month and a half to go and, understandably, my itenerary still shows "to be assigned."

When do they actually assign the cabin? Will I know before I get to the ship?

A friend of ours that sailed on the Glory with us did not get her cabin assignment till we reached the pier. Should this happen (probably won't), any of the porters will have the manifest which will have your cabin assignment. Then you can have the cabin info added to luggage tags.

When do they actually assign the cabin?
It depends.
Will I know before I get to the ship?

Maybe, maybe not.

Vague? Absolutely! Because there is no flat-out definite set time when they do it.

...We've booked several TBD cabins in the past. Some were assigned months before, some were assigned just a few weeks before and some not assigned at all. Not to worry... If you don't know your cabin assignment before you leave, when you get to your home port the luggage porters will have a manifest with all pax assignments. Ask for the manifest and some blank luggage tags (the porters will have those also!) and just tag your luggage right there at the curb.

...When we DO have cabin assignments, we ALSO check the manifest when we arrive at the port. We had one surprise upgrade in the past and you never know when it'll happen again!

Archived