Looking for a WL buddy... sailing Feb 2012

brokenglass

I got on the scale this morning...I need to lose 6 pounds in 36 days for the cruise...I have already lost 6 of the 12 I needed to lose. These last few are tough...and I am FORCING myself to do squats and crunches...ugh

Thats only 1lb per week, you can do it, try doing something different for a week it sometimes can work wonders, like only drinking water if you normally drink fizzy diet drinks ,or making sure that each meal has 50% veg on the plate.

I have been making more of an effort with exercise and no alcohol.

I ordered a pair of capris online and they are just a tad snug, but if I shed those 10 lbs they will fit fine - so there is my motivation!

I just got my "rehearsal dinner" (we're actually keeping it super casual) dress and it doesn't fit! It was a huge wake up call, cos I lost 10lbs since August and thought I was doing fine/losing motivation, so I wasn't exercising or keeping up with my food diary. All the reviews on the website said that the dress runs bigger, so I went ahead and ordered one size smaller. To my dismay it was tiny :eek: Good news is that the zipper does go up all the way. Bad news is it doesn't fit well at all. I thought about finding another dress, but I'm keeping it my new motivation! And it's working :)

Plus, it's getting really close to February, so I'm feeling excited again. But like summer_girl said, the last few (5-10lbs) are so hard to lose :rolleyes:

Good luck everyone!!

I just got my "rehearsal dinner" (we're actually keeping it super casual) dress and it doesn't fit! It was a huge wake up call, cos I lost 10lbs since August and thought I was doing fine/losing motivation, so I wasn't exercising or keeping up with my food diary. All the reviews on the website said that the dress runs bigger, so I went ahead and ordered one size smaller. To my dismay it was tiny :eek: Good news is that the zipper does go up all the way. Bad news is it doesn't fit well at all. I thought about finding another dress, but I'm keeping it my new motivation! And it's working :)

Plus, it's getting really close to February, so I'm feeling excited again. But like summer_girl said, the last few (5-10lbs) are so hard to lose :rolleyes:

Good luck everyone!!

Yes...keep the dress for motivation...that is what I am doing with an expensive pair of jeans I bought...ugh...

My scale actually said I gained 2 pounds from Thursday to Monday...HOW CAN THAT BE??? :eek:

So, I have been trying so HARD...but my butt and thighs are not cooperating here...I even went out and bought a new swimsuit as motivation!! If I don't see some vast improvement in the next 10 days I am gonna scream...and will probably live in a cover-up of some sort!! :mad:

I hate squats and crunches...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived