B2B Jewel Canadian?

mattR

Considering doing a B2B on the Jewel out of New York in October. If we get the same cabin for both cruises can we leave our stuff in the cabin? If we can't get the same cabin will they transfer it to a new cabin without having to take it off the ship and back again? Would we have to get off the ship?

Considering doing a B2B on the Jewel out of New York in October. If we get the same cabin for both cruises can we leave our stuff in the cabin? If we can't get the same cabin will they transfer it to a new cabin without having to take it off the ship and back again? Would we have to get off the ship?

Yes, Yes, and I don't know. ;)

Seriously, when you do a B2B and have the same room, no problem leaving your stuff in the room. If you are changing rooms, they will do it for you.

As to you having to get off and then get back on, I know that in Venice we didn't have to, but I've heard that at US ports you do have to. Someone else can chime in with recent experience.

If you do have to get off, they will take you off as a group, hold you in the waiting area and bring you back on before the new passengers. You could always get off and tour around the city before getting back on in the afternoon. You will already have your card so no need for processing in the terminal.

To answer the last part, the room steward will move your stuff to another cabin you don't need to take it off ship. You will have to clear ship due to immigration and ship procedures.

We always do b2b I would not book unless I get same cabin, just don't need the added aggravation and its also one of the reasons we do b2b is to minimize all the hassles from airports etc.

A one week vacation seems like you only get wound down and it's time to go home.

Archived