First cruise Grandeur of the seas

Does anyone know if the drink package is available on any ships other than the the Grandeur. It says there are 3 ships that are piloting this.

Grandeur, Indie and Legend.

Louhun - did you notice if you could get champers by the glass with the packages please?

My husband and I had the classic (middle) package on Indy in May, no you cannot have champers but they will do a sparkling wine. My husband drank Johnny Walker (red label I think) and Drambuie. I drank Baileys and tried out the cocktails (the frozen strawberry daiquiri was lovely) you could have any type of beer as well as fountain Coca Cola etc) the fountain ginger ale was excellent if you experienced any motion sickness. :(

You probably have to consume 6-8 drinks a day to break even and I do not believe we came anywhere near that, but hey we were on our holidays and it was nice to try something different when we wanted each day, without the feeling of wasting money if we sampled something we did not like (that only happened once - too much mint in my Mojito):rolleyes:

We did not witness any over indulgence/bad behaviour on board, but then again you cannot be everywhere at once.

I am travelling on Grandeur with my daughter in September and we will be taking out the same package.;)

My husband and I had the classic (middle) package on Indy in May, no you cannot have champers but they will do a sparkling wine. My husband drank Johnny Walker (red label I think) and Drambuie. I drank Baileys and tried out the cocktails (the frozen strawberry daiquiri was lovely) you could have any type of beer as well as fountain Coca Cola etc) the fountain ginger ale was excellent if you experienced any motion sickness. :(

You probably have to consume 6-8 drinks a day to break even and I do not believe we came anywhere near that, but hey we were on our holidays and it was nice to try something different when we wanted each day, without the feeling of wasting money if we sampled something we did not like (that only happened once - too much mint in my Mojito):rolleyes:

We did not witness any over indulgence/bad behaviour on board, but then again you cannot be everywhere at once.

I am travelling on Grandeur with my daughter in September and we will be taking out the same package.;)

It must be different on the Independence as when we were on the Grandeur you couldn't get any sparkling wine or fountain sodas!

At least you could get mint for your mojito the Grandeur kept running out of it :(:(

• 1 month later...
hi again !

The reason my wife took out the 59$ package as she likes branded Bacardi only and also cocktails during the day, also if you are going to Rome, it is very easy to do yourself ! the train is only 9euro per person

and the train station is only 15/20min walk away from the port! you will save quite a lot of money doing this , we got the 7.59am train to Rome and get off at ST Peters station and when returning to the ship port we got the 15.40pm train from Rome termini

:confused: would you no how far the train termini is from say the collossum :confused: as were going it alone and wondered how far the walk was as my hubby is slow on his feet :):):)

Archived