Anytime Dining??

For those that have mentioned you can request the same table/wait staff with YTD, how does this work? Who do you request it with, and when?

We're going on our first cruise next month and have YTD, I've heard good things about the relationships formed with wait staff at regular dining, and it's nice to know this kind of interaction is avail with YTD!

there is a hostess there when you enter with a computer. They usually check your card when you enter to make sure you belong there. Just remember the servers name or table number the next time you come and ask the hostess. Sometimes you may have to wait a little extra but not that long.

Bill

We are going to be a party of 3 on our June 26th cruise and have anytime dining. We would prefer to dine just the 3 of us and was wondering since there's only 3 if we can get a table alone. I don't like to linger around the dining room and if I'm sitting with other people, I will feel rude if I just chew and screw.

they ask you when you arrive if you want to sit alone or with others.

Bill

my wife tried to order this on our last cruise and the asst waiter looked at her with that deer in the headlights look and went and got the head waiter. He said no that wasn't available.

I really dont think either one of them knew what she was talking about but she didn't wither away from not getting it. lol

Bill

Oh bummer! :( I got it twice in April on the Paradise. Its a cute little sundae..after having the WCMC so many times it was a nice change of pace.

We are going to be a party of 3 on our June 26th cruise and have anytime dining. We would prefer to dine just the 3 of us and was wondering since there's only 3 if we can get a table alone. I don't like to linger around the dining room and if I'm sitting with other people, I will feel rude if I just chew and screw.

I travel w/parents & we ask for a 4-top table & ask that they not seat anyone with us. Sometimes, I go to dinner alone & don't mind being seated with others.

For those that have mentioned you can request the same table/wait staff with YTD, how does this work? Who do you request it with, and when?

We're going on our first cruise next month and have YTD, I've heard good things about the relationships formed with wait staff at regular dining, and it's nice to know this kind of interaction is avail with YTD!

Sometimes they automaticly put you at the same table if you come at the same time-- otherwise you can ask to be put anywhere in their "stattion"

Just off the Dream and our 1st experience w anytime dining. We were reluctant as we have always dined traditional and so enjoy the time and experiences with the same wait staff each night and the level of service has always been outstanding.

There turned out to be no reason to worry. We had the same table each night with outstanding service. We never had to wait for a table. The hostess at the door automatically seated us at the same table. You are somewhat removed from the "showtime", but I stopped liking that when it went from the waiters singing to everyone, guests included, dancing.

Sorry I have taken so long to respond to all you wonderful cruise veterans and say a big THANK YOU!

We went out of town for Father's Day and just returned a couple of hours ago.

The information provided will be put to good use.

I'm just gonna walk right up to the hostess that first night with S & S in hand and ask for a table for 2 like I've done it 100 times!;)

Just off the Dream and our 1st experience w anytime dining. We were reluctant as we have always dined traditional and so enjoy the time and experiences with the same wait staff each night and the level of service has always been outstanding.

There turned out to be no reason to worry. We had the same table each night with outstanding service. We never had to wait for a table. The hostess at the door automatically seated us at the same table. You are somewhat removed from the "showtime", but I stopped liking that when it went from the waiters singing to everyone, guests included, dancing.

What is "showtime?"??

My sister and brother-in-law talked us into doing YTD. We had always done late seating. We loved the YTD ( have done it x 3 now and have it booked for all of our next cruises. ) We never had to wait for a table and we have been able to request the same table/ waiters each time. I would eat around 6ish on formal night just a FYI...as we were seated and eating and then a mad rush came about 6:30- 7ish.

We discovered that with Any Time, we felt "no pressure to show up" at dinner as we had in past years in MDR experiences. We always had good MDR table mates, but often felt like we were "required" to attend, and on time. Cruise time for us isn't about being "required" or being "on-time" to anything! So, Any Time is a perfect match for us.

Enjoy your table for two - and relax!

We had anytime dining on our first cruise, which was our honeymoon, and loved it! We didn't want to have to plan any set time to arrive. Some nights we were late, some nights early. The flexibility was great! Rather than always asking for a table for two, consider going with the flow sometimes and getting seated at a larger table, you never know who you may meet and hit it off with. :-)

you can eat anytime between 5:45pm and 9:30pm. You will just be in a different dining room or on the upper floor away from the traditional diners.

Bill

We are going to be seated in a different area from the rest of the diners? Are we still going to be in one of the main MDR's??

Do they seat Anytime Diners in the middle or aft dining room?

We are going to be seated in a different area from the rest of the diners? Are we still going to be in one of the main MDR's??

Do they seat Anytime Diners in the middle or aft dining room?

It depends what ship you're on. Some seat ATD's on the top level only, some on the top and bottom. If you consult info on your particular ship it will often tell you where ATD will be, otherwise obviously it will be on your S&S card.

I've been doing Anytime Dining since they've offered it 5 cruises ago for me. I love it!

You can request the same wait staff, table area each night. Avoid the high traffic times, like right after the Captains Party where everyone is rushing to dinner.]

Great info about requesting the same wait staff and table area and avoiding the high traffic times DEBnGAB! Thanks!:)

We did late dining the first cruise and anytime the last cruise and again this time. Thanks for the infor on requesting the same table area. The one thing I did not like last time was different table area, never had the same waiter. We actually ended up only eating in the MDR 3 nights. I'll have to try staying in one place.

We tried any time crusing last month on the Valor and probably would not choose it again. This was our 13th cruise and we enjoy the relaxed atmosphere and the singing waiters and you were removed from that. The service was very rushed and the poor waiters barely had time to say hello. I felt sorry for them because as soon as one table left, new people sat down. They were always on the go.

We are fairly social people and usually choose a large table and this was not possible with anytime dining. Unless you were part of a group already people either sat together or sat at tables for two.

The tables for too were so close together that you could hear other people conversations. This was very awkward because it was like you were part of a six person table but there was a small separation between tables.

I will say on the positive, the flexibility was nice.

We're leaving next week on the Liberty. Does ytd work as well for a party of 8? We're on two separate bookings of 4 each (same extended family) and we want to have a table together. I never did ask my agent when we picked ytd.

On our last cruise on the Liberty we had anytime dining. It wasn't our choice and I was actually quite upset about it at first but ended up loving it. With our brood of 5, early dining is preferable although we have to hurry to be ready on time for the early seating and the late seating is too late for us to eat (we don't eat that late even at home).

Anytime allowed us extra 30-45 mins at the pool when it clears out a little for people leaving for the early seating and I don't have to stress out being on time for dinner since there isn't a set "time".

The only con was during the two formal nights. We had to wait 40 mins each night. You go to the dining room and get your name on the list and the kids were very restless. If you don't have a younger kids I'm sure there won't be any problems. I tried to distract the kids by getting formal pics taken!

We tried any time crusing last month on the Valor and probably would not choose it again. This was our 13th cruise and we enjoy the relaxed atmosphere and the singing waiters and you were removed from that. The service was very rushed and the poor waiters barely had time to say hello. I felt sorry for them because as soon as one table left, new people sat down. They were always on the go.

We are fairly social people and usually choose a large table and this was not possible with anytime dining. Unless you were part of a group already people either sat together or sat at tables for two.

The tables for too were so close together that you could hear other people conversations. This was very awkward because it was like you were part of a six person table but there was a small separation between tables.

I will say on the positive, the flexibility was nice.

Sounds like we will be sitting at a table for 6 even though we want a table for 2!?!? Thanks for the info Margarita Mom

On our last cruise on the Liberty we had anytime dining. It wasn't our choice and I was actually quite upset about it at first but ended up loving it. With our brood of 5, early dining is preferable although we have to hurry to be ready on time for the early seating and the late seating is too late for us to eat (we don't eat that late even at home).

Anytime allowed us extra 30-45 mins at the pool when it clears out a little for people leaving for the early seating and I don't have to stress out being on time for dinner since there isn't a set "time".

The only con was during the two formal nights. We had to wait 40 mins each night. You go to the dining room and get your name on the list and the kids were very restless. If you don't have a younger kids I'm sure there won't be any problems. I tried to distract the kids by getting formal pics taken!

Nope Aelsantokie, no kids here. Yours are adorable by the way!:) And thank you so much for the great information! We want to go to the MDR when it is convenient for us and not feel rushed.

Anybody know which dining room on the Conquest is used for Anytime Dining?

In Oct 2009, both main dining rooms had sections for ATD...there were 6 of us and we had no problems with sitting delays, etc.

Archived