Crown Grill

JPS418

This will be our first time on the Golden Princess since she has been retrofit.

I was wondering if the Crown Grill is now the Sterling steak house? We love the Sterling steak house and enjoy going to it once or twice during our cruise. Any info would be great.

This will be our first time on the Golden Princess since she has been retrofit.

I was wondering if the Crown Grill is now the Sterling steak house? We love the Sterling steak house and enjoy going to it once or twice during our cruise. Any info would be great.

Crown Grill is an upgraded version of the Sterling Steakhouse with more options. The room is very nicely done. You should enjoy. Most ships that still have a Sterling Steakhouse will be upgraded to a Crown Grill.

• 2 weeks later...

My DH and I will be on the Diamond Princess in late July. We aren't big foodies but like a nice meal. Is a meal we'd get at the Sterling Steakhouse that much better than one of the Anytime dining rooms? Just curious if it's worth the exta $$.

Does anyone have a copy of the menu and what is the cover charge?

Thanks for any replies.

Cover is $25 per person. I was not crazy about the filets but others love them. We had a long long wait - others have cited the long waits on this board - which was bizarre. Finished our bottle of wine before the appetizer came out and we sipped slowly. We left after 1.5 hours (skipped desert b/c it was taking too long and the place was only 1/3 full).

My DH and I will be on the Diamond Princess in late July. We aren't big foodies but like a nice meal. Is a meal we'd get at the Sterling Steakhouse that much better than one of the Anytime dining rooms? Just curious if it's worth the exta $$.

Thanks for any replies.

We saied on the Diamond (2009). We very much enjoyed our dining experience at Sterlings. It was well worth the additional charge. I believe it was either 15 or 20 dollars pp. I personally enjoyed Sterlings more so than our Crown Grill experience on the Emerald, Ruby, or Golden. Sorry, but I don't have a menu.

Bob

Here is the menu from the Crown Grill on the Golden Princess. The cover charge is $25 per person. Sorry that the quality isn't the best. I photographed it through reflective glass :(.

5440205892_d6cd947ef3_z.jpg

5440205964_b82e74afc0_z.jpg

If you go to this Princess link you can view sample menus for all specialty restaurants:

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/food_dining/specialty_restaurants/index.html

This is the link for the Sterlings only:

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/food_dining/specialty_restaurants/sterling_steakhouse/index.html

We preferred the Crown Grill for it's location (separate dining room vs. Sterlings aft sectioned off portion of the Horizon Court) & expanded menu even though it was $5 more than the Sterling...don't think you'd be disappointed by either one...we weren't! :D

NEWBIE issue....

so thanks for posting the pic of the crown grill menu, $25 cover charge no prob...but is the food still free or do I dine in the MDR for the free grub. thanks.:confused:

Most dining venues are free except for the specialty restaurants, gelato if available in the International Cafe & a $3/order (not per pizza) charge for pizza delivery to your cabin which was implemented due to excessive waste by passengers. Also a few room service items have a charge but you'll find plenty of food for free! :D

NEWBIE issue....

so thanks for posting the pic of the crown grill menu, $25 cover charge no prob...but is the food still free or do I dine in the MDR for the free grub. thanks.:confused:

You are just paying a cover charge for Crown Grill to eat in there. No extra charges for food. This is a better type/quality of food than you get in the MDR, so this is why there is a cover charge

The restaurant. Itself was nice but the steaks were awful. Didn't care much for the place. There were 12 of us there for a wedding reception and very few enjoyed the meal.

Archived