Help needed : Cruising with baby/ Prepared food

AXELE11

Can someone who has cruised with an infant tell me how to go about getting the baby food warmed ? I usually purchase a few prepared meals when going on vacation and take my electric kettle but with all the new rules I don't know I will be able to take the kettle.

Thanks in advance for your help.

The old fashioned way was to put the smaller bowl into a bowl of warm/hot water.

I've seen infant bowls that have a reservoir built in.

http://www.munchkin.com/products/detail.html?pID=106

A bottle can be warmed in warm/hot water.

Hot water can be found at the buffet, dining room or from room service

We had a 7 month old on our roll call and his mother said she was surprised by how much of the food he could eat. he was eating yogurt from the breakfast buffet while she was telling me that most of the food she brought, she didnt need.

You're correct, you cannot bring a kettle. The cruise line is really good at pureeing food for infants. And, you'll be surprised by the variety of food readily available. There's oatmeal, various fruits that can be mashed such as peaches and pears, applesauce, carrots, peas, mashed potatoes, and even macaroni and cheese that you can mash. They also have things like yogurt in different flavors. Your little one won't go hungry and the cruise line will be very helpful.

Can someone who has cruised with an infant tell me how to go about getting the baby food warmed ? I usually purchase a few prepared meals when going on vacation and take my electric kettle but with all the new rules I don't know I will be able to take the kettle.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Most cruise lines don't allow electric kettles. Yout best bet would be to get a pot of hot water from room service (if you're thinking about doing this in your room) and warming the food that way.

At meals, I'm pretty sure the servers would also bring you hot water to do the same.

:)

No electrical heating devices are permitted to be used by guests. The biggest fear on a cruise ship is fire. No one using such devices 'intends' to start a fire but electrical differences, forgetfulness etc all make it too risky. No kettles or heating coils etc.......

Why can't you just use room temperature food? Why does it have to be heated? Granted its been a LONG time since I had a baby but I never warmed baby food. I just opened a jar and fed at that temperture. I nursed so never had a bottle to warm but never warmed apple juice, just room temperature - and yogurt is kept chilled.

Archived