umbrella or rain ponho?

jlm41

None of the packing list mentioned umbrella or rain poncho.

How do you beat the rain if you are at the port and it starts raining?

Please share your rain experience while at port. Did it ruin your day? How did you enjoy your port day while it rained? Did you take umbrella with you?

I also bring a rain poncho, but haven't really had to use it. The few times that I got caught in the rain while I was in port, I was actually already swimming in the water and the rain lasted no more than 5-10 minutes.

None of the packing list mentioned umbrella or rain poncho.

How do you beat the rain if you are at the port and it starts raining?

Please share your rain experience while at port. Did it ruin your day? How did you enjoy your port day while it rained? Did you take umbrella with you?

If I'm at a beach and it starts raining, I stay in the water. Heck, I'm already wet, right?

I did get caught shopping in Cozumel during a downpour and it was fun getting soaked - but hey, I'm a guy and I don't have to worry about my hair, see thru shirts, etc.

My first Belize trip I was going to Sting Ray Alley, getting splashed by waves, lots of fun. It started raining on and off, it was so funny watching people in bathing suits scrambling for ponchos, raingear, etc, when we were going snorkeling in a 1/4 hr anyway.

Arrived in Belize another time during an all day rain, so I stayed on the ship and went to the spa.

I wouldn't dream of packing an umbrella, no need for this cruiser.

I always pack both for a cruise, but I've been lucky and never had to use either. I guess my being prepared helped to ward off the evil rain gods! ;)

I think that too. If I pack it, Murphy's law says it will not rain. :D It did rain once in Cozumel, but by the time we got off the ship, it had stopped.

I pack the super cheap ones from Wal-Mart.

I pack a pair of ponchos that were given to us on one of our first cruises by a tour operator. They are thin, cheap, and hardly take up any room. I will probably throw them away after the first time we use them rather than dry and try to refold them. We have been rained on a few times but never thought we needed to use them. Generally it was either so hot the rain felt good, or we were dressed for the beach anyway. I may feel different on an Alaskan cruise.

Assuming that you are asking about the Caribbean then a poncho is more than enough. In Alaska or the Baltic, both an umbrella and a rain suit, not a poncho. Really the answer is that you have to dress for what ever weather you encounter so that your vacation is not disrupted.

I buy a few umbrellas and ponchos at Dollar Tree ($1 each) for cruises. We have been caught in a brief shower in port a time or two and I have no problem throwing them away when we get back on board. They serve the purpose without me spending a lot of money, and fit easily in our daypack.

Have never brought either...if it's raining, I'll take shelter...I don't like being rained on! If it's a cold weather cruise, a raincoat is a good idea. If it's a warm weather cruise, rain doesn't make it cold...it just makes it humid...no coat needed.

Archived