July 17 cruise--bermuda questions etc.

Italiano1

NORWEGIAN GEM----------

Does anyone know if we can make reservations for specialty restaurants before the cruise?

Also, I need directions to port? Can anyone help. My travel agent sent directions to brooklyn marina but I dont beleive the boat leaves out of brooklyn.

Besides Horseshoebay, what is recommended for excursions?

Thanks for your help!!

I can help with your first question. You may make reservations once you are onboard the GEM, at the moment only EPIC allows pre-booking. Have you looked on NCL's website under FAQ's for port addresses in New York, they might be more helpful.

Have a great time, I'm sure others will chime in on what to do in Bermuda once you get there.

from the NY Cruise Terminal site:

http://www.nycruise.com/dirNYC.html

it will cost you $30/day to park there. :eek:

There are some good choices for activities. This itinerary really caters to the beach people. Horseshoe Bay is the popular beach, but there are others as well (depends on what you need in terms of amenities). Tobacco Bay, Jobson's Cove, Warwick Beach...all great places.

You can also do the Crystal Caves, Horseback Riding, Helmet Diving, Scuba...etc.

Blue Water Divers offers some water sports as well.

Taxi's are expensive. You are better off sharing a taxi with others or do what most everyone does...buy the 3 day public transportation pass (bus and ferry). The ferry is the best way to get from Dockyard to Hamilton to St. George's. Points inbetween can be done via the bus system. it's quite simple...all points lead to Hamilton.

Everything was excellent, best cruise I ever had on NCL. Please remember, Horshoe Bay Beach can be gotten by Bermuda public bus number 7, "Horse Bay" will be displayed on the front of the bus, which can be gotten from your ship's dockside. Sinan, the cruise director, is the best as was the evening entertainment shows. Remember, to put a great deal of sun block.

NORWEGIAN GEM----------

Does anyone know if we can make reservations for specialty restaurants before the cruise?

Also, I need directions to port? Can anyone help. My travel agent sent directions to brooklyn marina but I dont beleive the boat leaves out of brooklyn.

Besides Horseshoebay, what is recommended for excursions?

Thanks for your help!!

I don't like horeshoe bay. It's pretty but it's a tourist trap. My fave is tobacco bay. If you go to Target and get some cheap goggles and a snorkel you won't regret it. The fish come right up to you! And it's very secluded but still has amenities. We also enjoyed St.Georges, the aquarium and the caves. Then you go to the original Rum Swizzle inn for fish and chips and a Swizzle!

Have a great trip, we;ll be going on Halloween :)

Archived