Wifi in all Cabins

Germancruiser

Ok re the last 2 people,

I wanted to send some e-mails from my cabin, so while in port, I intended to use my laptop on the ship. Taking off and on board is too bulky with all the other things we take. I had hoped that my usb broadband modem would connect to a european carrier as told by T-Mobile.

If the equipment was and still is picking up in the UK then its working and communicates. For whatever reason it failed to connect out of the UK. I did try all the international providers listed but it would not connect to a non UK provider.

My phones had no problem in picking up roaming air time providers and even kept alternating when we had europe on one side of the ship and africa on the other.

Short of bringing my own satelite reciever, im not sure how I can get a faster than ship board internet connection from my cabin while docked in port.

Perhaps if the poster who's significant other is the wireless techie could ask if there are any workarounds?

What you are describing is a sounds like problem with the broadband modem or home carrier (T-Mobile), not the international networks per se (since you could not connect to ANY of them). It sounds like T-mobile never activated the account tied to the modem to allow for international roaming.

Each device has a MAC address (for Wifi) and IMEI address (for cellular). The system that process your bill (i.e T-mobile UK in this case) can control if your IMEI can access other networks (i.e roaming). Since you couldn't it sounds like T-mobile never actually activated the modem for roaming. I would call T-mobile, tell them what happened and get your money back for at least the roaming part.

Archived