Oasis - Coffee at Dawn.....

One of the best parts of our cruises is enjoying a cup of coffee on our balcony around 0530 or 0600. It is never fancy coffee (ala cafe Bacio on Celebrity as an example), but just plain ordinary stuff.

My duty is to go wherever coffee is available, and fill our Dunkin' Donuts travel mugs. We then sit and watch the day begin.

Never having sailed on an Oasis class ship before, I have no idea where coffee would be available at that tme of day. My guess would be Windjammer, but I sure would like to know beforehand, so as not to spend hours wandering the ship to find it.

Can anyone tell me this? Where is coffee available really early in the morning?

Thanks in advance,

Sid1962

Sid,

I second your balcony coffee...ahhh. However, my preference is to stay in my jammies...so I just call room service and have them deliver it...usually within 10 mins...

:)

I second Cafe Promenade. Shameful to admit, but we pick our cabin in a spot that makes the Cafe Promenade convenient. We also order coffee from room service, but the snacks to go with the coffee are much better at Cafe Promenade than from room service. Windjammer isn't open 24/7 but Cafe Promenade has better coffee, for me. Nothing beats sitting on the balcony with a cup of coffee in the morning. It's my "blissful time."

One of the best parts of our cruises is enjoying a cup of coffee on our balcony around 0530 or 0600. It is never fancy coffee (ala cafe Bacio on Celebrity as an example), but just plain ordinary stuff.

My duty is to go wherever coffee is available, and fill our Dunkin' Donuts travel mugs. We then sit and watch the day begin.

Never having sailed on an Oasis class ship before, I have no idea where coffee would be available at that tme of day. My guess would be Windjammer, but I sure would like to know beforehand, so as not to spend hours wandering the ship to find it.

Can anyone tell me this? Where is coffee available really early in the morning?

Thanks in advance,

Sid1962

Thanks Sid for this request. We also enjoy our morning coffee on the balcony (tho not quite as early as you). It is hubby's job to get the coffee (his perference), some goodies and bring them back. Since we will be on the Allure, I was wondering the same thing. Now I will know which direction to send him!!!

When you order room service coffee (I'm assuming you can do this the night before) does it come in a carafe, or do they just bring you a small cup of coffee? I usually like 2 'good sized' cups of coffee, not the tiny tea cups they often provide.. so hoping they just bring a carafe so I can refill as needed.

When you order room service coffee (I'm assuming you can do this the night before) does it come in a carafe, or do they just bring you a small cup of coffee? I usually like 2 'good sized' cups of coffee, not the tiny tea cups they often provide.. so hoping they just bring a carafe so I can refill as needed.

It comes in a carafe. If you order it for 1, it comes in a small carafe, good for 2 cups. If you order for 2, it comes in a large carafe, good for 4 cups.

I do this every day. I love to wake up with a fresh pot of coffee on my balcony.

Folks,

Thanks for the replies and information. I will be sure to go to the Cafe Promenade for coffee that early.

As many here have said, room service is an option, and for several cruises that's what we did. Then a few cruises ago, we decided to go this route instead. I am trying to recall the reason behind it, and am havingwhat appears to be a prolonged senior moment as I am drawing a blank.

My guess is that room service was not avilable before 0700, according to the card you fill out and leave on the door the night before. Now we sailed Celebrity for the most part, so that may not be the case with RCCL. Again, I think that was the reason, and we really are morning people, and wanted it sooner. Whatever the genesis of my donning pool shoes and stumbling out to make the coffee run when the decks are deserted, it's where we are now, and will probably continue that way.

We are also among the very first to be physically in our deck chairs on sea days. We have favorite spots, and are there usually by 0700. We do not "reserve and run", but actually plop our butts down and begin to enjoy relaxing.

Which brings to mind another Oasis question, and maybe those who answered the other one can answer this. On Celebrity, in the AquaSpa Cafe, they have yougurt parfets they serve for breakfast. We love them, and those are our breakfast on sea days. I go get them and bring them back to the place where we sit.

Does the Solarium Bistro on Oasis have them?

Again, thanks...probably too long winded a reply to all who posted, but I can't say hello in less than 5 minutes !

Thanks again,

Sid1962

...Mrsfixit CT...Guilford is lovely...we lived in New Haven for a few years, Wallingford for nearly 30, and are now in Plainville....based on the way our politicians are headed with budget, the next stop will be the poor house !

I just write in the time I want my morning coffee from room service. Usually the times starts around 7 for you to check so if I want it earlier I just write it in and have always gotten it delivered at the time I requested.

Archived