Has anyone ever heard of this?

I just booked my first cruise for my honeymoon. I had been on two other cruises previously but they were booked by my grandparents as they treated the whole family to a cruise. Anyway, we booked a B1 Aft Balcony last sunday for the 15 day cruise to the Caribbean aboard the Sun leavin on Feb 25 2012. When we booked the room it was 1,989.00 per person and we got the confirmation at that price. I was looking at the website again to see if there were another cabin (my sis is recently married also and we thought it would be fun to go together) and the price for a B1 Aft Balcony is about 5000 dollars a whopping 3000 more! I was wondering if this is something that routinely happens where there is such a huge price jump in the span of a week. Thanks

Supply and demand. You took one of the aft balconies out of the inventory and possibly others have also booked. With less to fill, they can use it to their advantage to make more money. No different than what many stores/business do all the time.

I just booked my first cruise for my honeymoon. I had been on two other cruises previously but they were booked by my grandparents as they treated the whole family to a cruise. Anyway, we booked a B1 Aft Balcony last sunday for the 15 day cruise to the Caribbean aboard the Sun leavin on Feb 25 2012. When we booked the room it was 1,989.00 per person and we got the confirmation at that price. I was looking at the website again to see if there were another cabin (my sis is recently married also and we thought it would be fun to go together) and the price for a B1 Aft Balcony is about 5000 dollars a whopping 3000 more! I was wondering if this is something that routinely happens where there is such a huge price jump in the span of a week. Thanks

I actually just checked the price on that exact cabin on your cruise, since you supplied us with all the info--I found it for 999pp.....actually considerably less than you're paying--i'd call and get the REDUCTION in price and have your sister book at the same time.

I actually just checked the price on that exact cabin on your cruise, since you supplied us with all the info--I found it for 999pp.....actually considerably less than you're paying--i'd call and get the REDUCTION in price and have your sister book at the same time.

Not sure where you are looking, but the aft cabin on the 15 day cruise on the NCL website says this B1 for 15 days will cost over $12,000 for two people for the 2 week cruise. Seems super high to me, however, an SG penthouse would be $7,793 total. I'd call NCL and see whats up, seems to be something wrong with this pricing. :eek:

I just looked up this sailing as well, was gonna jump on it if it was $999 pp, but I think smrtypnts did not check the 2 week b2b. Also OP the cruise is showing as 14, not 15 days. I saw a price of $5,939.00 pp for a B1. Considering the SB owners suite is showing at $6,549 pp I definitely think this is a website blip. If your really interested in getting this room I would call NCL and talk to someone in person. The pricing does not show realistically for the room and category. There are several suites priced less than this with full suite benefits.

Good point. It is definitely an error:

For two people:

The 14 day sailing is showing a total of 12,273.32

The Feb 25 7 day in the same category: 2199.02

March 3 7 day sailing: 2288.12

So the two sailings booked separately would be just under $4500 for two people.

When I first looked at a 2 bedroom family suite on the Gem for next year it was listed at $4800 for the 5 of us. When I checked it a couple of weeks later it was up to $6300 for the 5 of us and has stayed there since. Still, the $12000 price tag sounds glitchy.

Not sure where you are looking, but the aft cabin on the 15 day cruise on the NCL website says this B1 for 15 days will cost over $12,000 for two people for the 2 week cruise. Seems super high to me, however, an SG penthouse would be $7,793 total. I'd call NCL and see whats up, seems to be something wrong with this pricing. :eek:

To all those who pointed out that i messed up in my search---ooops:rolleyes:

But someone else pointed out that this B2B booked separately for just under $4500 is accurate and obviously there's some sort of glitch in their pricing for the two week booked as one--so obviously, during this glitch the answer is to book separately.:)

call ncl. this is a mistake online. i just looked up your cruise they are charging 5,000 per person for 221 aft balcony and less for suites. it is a boo boo.

To all those who pointed out that i messed up in my search---ooops:rolleyes:

But someone else pointed out that this B2B booked separately for just under $4500 is accurate and obviously there's some sort of glitch in their pricing for the two week booked as one--so obviously, during this glitch the answer is to book separately.:)

Sorry. I wasn't trying to call you out. I just wanted the OP to know not to expect a decrease.

Archived