New to Celebrity -questions about promos

lhall85917

We would love to do a Celebrity cruise and are interested in the May 30 Adriatic Sea itinerary on the Silhouette - probably in a Concierge class cabin. Can someone share information on when there may be reduced deposit sales or other promotions? The current deposit amount is $900, which is typical but we were hoping that there may be other specials at different times.

Also, any thoughts on this class of cabin or advice for us as first-timers with Celebrity would be welcome! :)

Unfortunately, we are not permitted to recommend travel agencies here, but my recommendation would be to follow the web sites for the large internet Travel agencies. You will hear that on Celebrity, the cruise fare can not be discounted by anyone and to some extent that is true...but there is always a but. Some of the large agencies buy a block of bookings and get a "group rate" which they pass on to their clients....which is effectively a reduced cruise fare. The other thing to watch is the "perks" that come if you buy a ticket from a travel agency. There are some perks (generally on board $ credits) that are offered by Celebrity but there are also additional perks offered by some of the internet cruise agents...additional on-board credits, maybe free meals in the special dining rooms, discounts on shore excursions, recently "a honeymoon package" if you purchase a verandah or higher cruise (champagne, chocolate covered strawberries and rose petals). Others offer 1/2 price deposits....the list goes on. Find agencies and sign up for their special weekly newsletters or whatever.

While it probably will just frustrate you, I have seen your cruise and CC cabins offered at group rates with I think a $200 on board credit already at one site. Offers will come and go...no way to decide when the best time is to book....or when Celebrity will make the best offers.

You should know that on the solstice ships and larger, the verandah and CC class cabins are identical size..it's just that the CC's are on a higher deck and there are some perks, and you can search here to find out what folks think of the perks. The biggest perk is that you will get 3 points towards being elite...and if you reach 10 points, you get some useful perks (search for elite on this forum).

Unfortunately, we are not permitted to recommend travel agencies here, but my recommendation would be to follow the web sites for the large internet Travel agencies. You will hear that on Celebrity, the cruise fare can not be discounted by anyone and to some extent that is true...but there is always a but. Some of the large agencies buy a block of bookings and get a "group rate" which they pass on to their clients....which is effectively a reduced cruise fare. The other thing to watch is the "perks" that come if you buy a ticket from a travel agency. There are some perks (generally on board $ credits) that are offered by Celebrity but there are also additional perks offered by some of the internet cruise agents...additional on-board credits, maybe free meals in the special dining rooms, discounts on shore excursions, recently "a honeymoon package" if you purchase a verandah or higher cruise (champagne, chocolate covered strawberries and rose petals). Others offer 1/2 price deposits....the list goes on. Find agencies and sign up for their special weekly newsletters or whatever.

While it probably will just frustrate you, I have seen your cruise and CC cabins offered at group rates with I think a $200 on board credit already at one site. Offers will come and go...no way to decide when the best time is to book....or when Celebrity will make the best offers.

You should know that on the solstice ships and larger, the verandah and CC class cabins are identical size..it's just that the CC's are on a higher deck and there are some perks, and you can search here to find out what folks think of the perks. The biggest perk is that you will get 3 points towards being elite...and if you reach 10 points, you get some useful perks (search for elite on this forum).

Thanks, we have got a great TA we are dealing with, I was wondering more about when there are special sales offered. Right now there are some great obc's offered with this cruise, and I guess we could always ask for an adjustment if there are price drops - however some of those are only for new bookings.

I appreciate the cabin info - I think we really want on the back of the ship which takes us to a C1 or Sunset Veranda, right now we are debating if it is worth it to go to Concierge class.

One new question - we are past cruisers with Royal Caribbean, do those credits apply toward Celebrity?

Thanks, we have got a great TA we are dealing with, I was wondering more about when there are special sales offered. Right now there are some great obc's offered with this cruise, and I guess we could always ask for an adjustment if there are price drops - however some of those are only for new bookings.

I appreciate the cabin info - I think we really want on the back of the ship which takes us to a C1 or Sunset Veranda, right now we are debating if it is worth it to go to Concierge class.

One new question - we are past cruisers with Royal Caribbean, do those credits apply toward Celebrity?

Even great TA's don't always know when the "sales" are coming up. When they do, often the prices are not lower than they were! It is a supply and demand market. If you have a great OBC and a cabin in the category you desire is affordable, bite the bullet and put down the deposit. You will have to pay it sooner or later. The Conceriege offers you some sweet perks: pillow list, towel list, fruits, champagne upon arrival I think. I would save the money and just get the cabin you desire.

Call the Crown & Anchor or Capt. Club to get your up to date answer. I believe that your points on RCI do count towards Celebrity. However, I had almost equal cruises on each line, so I am not 100% positive.

Archived