FOS Internet/wifi question

Hello all,

I am wondering about the reliability of being able to secure an Internet connection on a sea day from FOS eastern itinerary. I have to submit answers for an online class which shouldn't take more than 15 mins. I cannot do it a day early as it must be between 12:00 am and 11:59 pm. I realize I have to pay for the time, but really need some opinions about the reliability of being able to connect at some point during that 24 hour period. Anyone have any recent experience with this? This has me really worried, and I am hoping it is a needless worry. Can someone give their experiences please?

Thank you so much!

I also just returned from Freedom. I paid $35 for 60 minutes of internet access in their lounge. I never had a problem finding a computer. The connection was a bit slow, but not horrible. Keep in mind that you're accessing the internet from the middle of nowhere via satellite.

Hi!

I am not worried about the speed or the cost so much, just that I will be able to get a connection on a sea day. I will have my iPad, or I can just use the ship's internet library/computers. I am hoping that somewhere in that 24 hour period, I will be able to connect.

Hi!

I am not worried about the speed or the cost so much, just that I will be able to get a connection on a sea day. I will have my iPad, or I can just use the ship's internet library/computers. I am hoping that somewhere in that 24 hour period, I will be able to connect.

I strongly recommend you bring your iPad or other personal computer. The ship's computers are old Windows 2000 vintage and may not be compatible with what your application requires. The ship's computers are also not reliable and will exit to the main page without warning, causing you to lose work.

Bob

Hi!

I used my I-Pad and found it faster than their computers. They have very good WiFi coverage on the ship.

Do you know if Skype will work on the FOS? I am interested in voice only.

Believe Skype is blocked.

Archived