Where is the best place for Key Lime Pie! Yum, Yum!

dachshunddoglover

We just returned from a long weekend in Key West. Every restaurant or shop that sells pie has a sign that says "Best Key Lime Pie in Key West". However our view, based on tasting several, was the Key Lime Pie at the restaurant Blue Heaven was the best. It is near Hemingway's House and the Lighthouse- you can see one, go to lunch at Blue Heaven and walk down to the Southernmost point, stop at a few cute art shows and walk back to the harbor via Duval Street.

• 6 months later...
417506_10150534930936902_599481901_9225168_465893881_n.jpg

OMG.......that looks so good. I am going to Key West on March 19 but I am still not quite sure if I wanna try to Key Lime Pie dipped in chocolate on a stick or the traditional slice of pie.

Oh what the hell I might just have to try both :p

We've tried Kermits, and to be honest, I was underwhelmed. I like the traditional key lime pie, with a meringue topping as opposed to whip cream. Is there somewhere that would serve that?

Thanks for any suggestions!

We've tried Kermits, and to be honest, I was underwhelmed. I like the traditional key lime pie, with a meringue topping as opposed to whip cream. Is there somewhere that would serve that?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Blue Heaven www.blueheavenkw.com has an excellent Key Lime Pie with meringue topping.

Mike:)

Sorry to say, we had both in one day - or, not so sorry. For our first time in Key West, we had lunch at Pepe's (underwhelmed), then went ahead and ordered the traditional whipped-topping Key Lime Pie there. It was ok. DH liked it better than I did. Then later, on the way back to the ship, Sis' and I walked into the Clinton Square Market, a small indoor mall of shops & we found the Holy Grail - Kermit's dipped in chocolate, frozen, on a stick, recommended by Alton Brown of the Food Network. A vendor in the center of this small marketplace had the original Kermit's - it was fabulous. I called my husband and said, get over here! Cheaper than Pepe's ($7.25 vs. $5.50) and so wonderful.

Archived