The use of kuna at split and dubrovnik

My Dearly beloved and myself are on the Spirit in August doing the Adriatic Explorer,and we are wondering,but not appearing to be a tight-fisted-whether seasoned cruiser can help to judge as how much Kuna we could use at Split and Dubrovnik,we have not decided whether to buy excursions on board or so a "solo" thing.Thus we would like some ideas as how much to buy here as in UK -as a guide.

As we are doing a back to back cruise on the second week we'll be sailing into Kusadasi,Turkey and we wonder for the same reasons as Split and Dubr. as how much one would require regarding the Turkish Lira whilst ashore or surrounding places which we could visit during an excursion from there.

Can't wait to see the Spirit in the flesh rather than in the "spirit" as at the moment!

Hi there, We are on the same cruise as you, but later. From what I can gather you can use Euros in all the ports we visit. You only need to use Kuna if you want to walk the walls. Until recently you could use Euros for that too, but they have just changed it. If you go on the "Europe" message board and click for "other Mediterrenean ports", you can select "Dubrovnik". There is a very helpful lady that can tell you all you need to know.:) I expect that you are as exited as me, please do a review when you get back.

hi, have just returned from this trip 10/7 ago. Euros widely accepted except for the walls as mentioned previously. If you purchase anything in euros you will get change in Kuna! :D

Pauline

If you want the bus to the town - bit of a walk otherwise and don't want the rop off taxis, you will need local currency. There is a shop opposite the bus stop, which will change euros, you will only need to change 5 or so for the bus for 2 of you.

My Dearly beloved and myself are on the Spirit in August doing the Adriatic Explorer,and we are wondering,but not appearing to be a tight-fisted-whether seasoned cruiser can help to judge as how much Kuna we could use at Split and Dubrovnik,we have not decided whether to buy excursions on board or so a "solo" thing.Thus we would like some ideas as how much to buy here as in UK -as a guide.

As we are doing a back to back cruise on the second week we'll be sailing into Kusadasi,Turkey and we wonder for the same reasons as Split and Dubr. as how much one would require regarding the Turkish Lira whilst ashore or surrounding places which we could visit during an excursion from there.

Can't wait to see the Spirit in the flesh rather than in the "spirit" as at the moment!

We was wondering the same as we will be ont the Spirit in August too.

What is the exchange rate for Kuna?

We did the Adriatic Explorer cruise at the beginning of June. We didn't have any kuna in Split and the ice cream shop we tried didn't take euros, although a lot do, we were unlucky! So for Dubrovnik bought some kuna onboard; the rate then was 7.2 something to the £. There's no commission charge but they round down to the nearest kuna note. In the Old Town we bought some more from the Tourist Information Office near the booth where you buy tickets to walk the Walls. This time we used euros and got 8. something to the euro, with a commission charge, but how that compares to the £ I don't know :confused:.

If you want to walk round the Walls it costs 70 kuna each and the cable car costs 80 kuna each. Only kunas (or credit cards) are accepted for these.

We shared a taxi from the ship to the Pile Gate with a couple who were leaving the ship at the same time us and, on the way back, met another couple at the taxi rank and shared the return with them. The fare is 10 euros, flat rate. The prices are shown on a board near the taxi rank.

Archived