Misty Fjords Flightseeing and Ketchikan Pics

PCruiser22

Beautiful shots! Looks like you had a great trip! Thanks for sharing your photos with us.

Thanks Laura. We had a blast, although it was tiring as well. :)

Hope you'll really enjoy your trip too!

Looks like you were able to check out Ketchikan after you flight.

Were there things to do to hold your interests.

Our flight is at 8AM, and is 1.5 hrs. We are hoping that we can get some additional sight seeing in.

Any suggestions?

Looks like you were able to check out Ketchikan after you flight.

Were there things to do to hold your interests.

Our flight is at 8AM, and is 1.5 hrs. We are hoping that we can get some additional sight seeing in.

Any suggestions?

I think there is enough to do in town for an hour or two but not more (at least that's all we had and we kept busy). There's a free walking tour thing you can pick up and guide yourself. Our favorite was the creek street area so if you have limited time check that out. We saw a harbor seal under the bridge and the buildings built on the water near creek street are very scenic.

Have fun!

I was thinking about doing a flight with Michelle next year, and the photos helps with that decision.

We just did a flight with her and it was spectacular. I would highly recomment her. You might want to book early, because I think she fills up quickly.

What fabulous pics you took! We did the same trip but my pics didn't come out as well because it was cloudy the day we went up. What kind of camera did you use? I am in the market for a new camera. I have a basid point and shoot digital.

Thanks for sharing.

Mary

What fabulous pics you took! We did the same trip but my pics didn't come out as well because it was cloudy the day we went up. What kind of camera did you use? I am in the market for a new camera. I have a basid point and shoot digital.

Thanks for sharing.

Mary

I bought a Canon T2i just before the trip. Canon has this thing called the Canon Loyalty program where you can trade in a non-working Canon camera for a discount on a better Refurb, I did this and it was great.

This is the camera I bought (with an additional loyalty discount) - unfortunately not currently in stock: http://shop.usa.canon.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10051_10051_267070_-1

In Denali, I badly wished I had a zoom lens with me (to get closer to animals) but for everything else this was perfect.

Great pics PC...Thank you. We were just there and did the tour with Michelle on 7/6. It was the highlight of our two week vacation. She is a great pilot and her DeHavilland is a beautiful plane (seems to be very well maintained). I would also recommend Island Wings to anyone.

PC, thanks for the camera info. I currently have an Olympus so wouldn't get a trade in. I do like the quality of the pics the camera takes, just limited in the range area. I, too, wished that I had a long-range camera for Denali. Our friend that was on the cruise w/ us had just bought a new long-range camera so the pics he took long-range he copied onto a CD so I was able to pick and choose what I put in my photo album.

Some people that were on the tour bus into Denali took pics of what the bus driver showed on the monitor that he took w/ his long-range zoom. Guess they came out ok.

Archived