Current Captains Con't

Not if it’s something he chose and will enjoy. I am thinking, especially with Oasis class ships, that the same ports over and over, year after year, would get monotonous.

Exactly! I understand he was offered and jumped at the chance! He could come back to whatever he wished to and this was his choice! New ports, New old Ship with a totally different orientation, different group of cruisers and even a New cook!

Exactly! I understand he was offered and jumped at the chance! He could come back to whatever he wished to and this was his choice! New ports, New old Ship with a totally different orientation, different group of cruisers and even a New cook!

And I believe he was captain of the Majesty 2004-2006, before he went to the Mariner.

mac_tlc

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not sure I understand how the rotations work. I'm sure someone has explained it on this thread before, but I couldn't find it.

We will be on the Vision October TA and was hoping Captain Marek would still be on board.....???

Thanks

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Not sure I understand how the rotations work. I'm sure someone has explained it on this thread before, but I couldn't find it.

We will be on the Vision October TA and was hoping Captain Marek would still be on board.....???

Thanks

Usually the captains work for 10 weeks and then have 10 weeks off. Somebody posted that Captain Marek joined Vision on 6th August so if he does the standard 10 weeks, he will go on vacation on or around 15th October.

Corinna

Usually the captains work for 10 weeks and then have 10 weeks off. Somebody posted that Captain Marek joined Vision on 6th August so if he does the standard 10 weeks, he will go on vacation on or around 15th October.

Corinna

Thanks!!

We leave on the 16th.....hope he decides to bring her back to the US before he takes his break.

Corinna

The transatlantic leaves Barcelona October 18th and I am on the previous sailing too. Hope he does both before his break!

Thanks!!

We leave on the 16th.....hope he decides to bring her back to the US before he takes his break.

It is doubtful he will be on the TA. He should be getting off as you are getting on. He is scheduled to be back on Vision once it gets to NOLA (unless he is given a different ship).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Travel safely and looking forward to meeting you on board :)
I got a TA with my DW coming up first on Brilliance September 1st. Flying to London Thursday.

Taking my mom on our annual Mom/Son trip on the Vision TA

You travel safely too and I'll see you on the fantastic Vision of the Seas!!

I got a TA with my DW coming up first on Brilliance September 1st. Flying to London Thursday.

Taking my mom on our annual Mom/Son trip on the Vision TA

You travel safely too and I'll see you on the fantastic Vision of the Seas!!

Sent from my VS995 using

Great that you’re spending quality time with your mom. I was able to cruise with my mom several times before traveling became difficult for her. My niece is joining me on the Mediterranean/Greek Isles right before the TA. My DH won’t fly so I’m going solo on this leg of my trip and it’s my first TA! Any helpful advice would be appreciated.

Great that you’re spending quality time with your mom. I was able to cruise with my mom several times before traveling became difficult for her. My niece is joining me on the Mediterranean/Greek Isles right before the TA. My DH won’t fly so I’m going solo on this leg of my trip and it’s my first TA! Any helpful advice would be appreciated.
My best advice for all cruises is:

To go with the Flow and make it the best cruise ever.

Hello, I’m currently on the second cruise of a back to back on the Symphony, Captain Rob left yesterday and we now have Rick Sullivan with us

thank you. I was confused about your date of the rotation. Your signature said the cruise started 8-19-18 (Sunday). But CC said you posted Sunday and you said Capt Rick started "yesterday" which would be Saturday the 18th... I updated the chart to show rotation occurred on Sunday the 19th

rotation on Symphony and Liberty

Adventure OTS - Capt Shawn McDuff (started rotation 8-3-18)

Adventure OTS - Capt Krzyszthof Szymkarczuk

Allure OTS - Capt Tore Grimstad (started rotation 6-3-18)

Allure OTS - Capt Ron Holmes

Anthem OTS - Capt Felix Srecko Ban (started rotation 6-14-18)

Anthem OTS - Capt Henrik Loft Sørensen

Brilliance OTS - Capt Ole-Johan Gronhaug (started rotation 7-7-18)

Brilliance OTS - Capt Ante Cavala

Empress OTS - Capt Diego Lombardic (started rotation 8-4-18)

Empress OTS - Capt Carl Graucob

Enchantment OTS - Capt Nils-Petter Hoeydal (started rotation 8-17-18)

Enchantment OTS - Capt Toni Tomljanovic

Explorer OTS - Capt Kjetil Gjerstad (started rotation 7-7-18)

Explorer OTS - Capt Malvin Bardsnes

Freedom OTS - Capt Frank Martinsen (started rotation 8-18-18)

Freedom OTS - Capt Thomas Busto

Grandeur OTS - Capt Patrik Jukes (started rotation 7-5-18)

Grandeur OTS - Capt Thordur Thorsson

Harmony OTS - Capt Johnny Faevelen (started rotation 6-23-18)

Harmony OTS - Capt Gus Andersson

Independence OTS - Capt Iv Vidos (started rotation 8-25-18)

Independence OTS - Capt Teo Strazicic

Jewel OTS - Capt Espen Been (started rotation 5-20-18)

Jewel OTS - Capt Dustin Castelsky

Liberty OTS - Capt Anders Ingebrigtsen (started rotation 8-19-18)

Liberty OTS - Capt James MacDonald

Majesty OTS - Capt Mathias Persson (started rotation 7-20-18)

Majesty OTS - Capt Göran Peterson

Mariner OTS - Capt Toni Calne (started rotation 8-17-18)

Mariner OTS - Capt Angel Oviol

Navigator OTS - Capt Kjell Nordmo (started rotation 8-9-18)

Navigator OTS - Capt Trond Holm

Oasis OTS - Capt Claus Andersen (started rotation 8-19-18)

Oasis OTS - Capt tbd

Ovation OTS - Capt Henrik W Loy (started rotation 7-5-18)

Ovation OTS - Capt Flemming Nielsen

Quantum OTS - Capt Charles Tiege (started rotation 7-13-18)

Quantum OTS - Capt Erik Standahl

Radiance OTS - Capt Trym Selvag (started rotation 6-29-18)

Radiance OTS - Capt Sverre Ryan

Rhapsody OTS - Capt Juan Luis Caranti (started rotation 8-12-18)

Rhapsody OTS - Capt Tobias Oster

Serenade OTS - Capt Aris Medina (started rotation 8-4-18)

Serenade OTS - Capt Stig Nilsen

Symphony OTS - Capt Rick Sullivan (started rotation 8-19-18)

Symphony OTS - Capt Rob Hempstead

Vision OTS - Capt Marek Slaby (started rotation 8-6-18)

Vision OTS - Capt Michael Lindberg

Voyager OTS - Capt Pehr Pehrsson (started rotation 8-12-18)

Voyager OTS - Capt Sindre Borsheim

thank you. I was confused about your date of the rotation. Your signature said the cruise started 8-19-18 (Sunday). But CC said you posted Sunday and you said Capt Rick started "yesterday" which would be Saturday the 18th... I updated the chart to show rotation occurred on Sunday the 19th

Probably due to the time zone difference. Would love to sail with either one when I cruise Symphony in 2020!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry for the confusion, it must be due to time zones. Yes the changeover was on the 19th :)

• 2 weeks later...

hold on folks, straight line 70 mph winds last night, we have many downed trees and power went out about 8 pm...not supposed to get it back until 11:30 pm Friday night. Good thing we have a generator but we don't run it all the time. The farm's tool shed was blown onto the neighbors garage, both demolished and the irrigation pivot is all twisted, good thing there's insurance. Calf hutches blew away, leaving the calves. They're not hurt but we had to round them up to put in an extra pen. Good thing we had an empty one. I'll post the chart when we get power back.