Ship Mate App

amkras

I was wondering if any of you have tried this app for your iPod Touch. I am mainly intererested in using it as a deck guide and guide to upcoming ports. The reviews are mixed.

I have the app and it's okay. It's only of use when you've chosen a cruise...there's no ability to look at cruise pricing or compare cruises. There is also no ability to save your cruises; you have to start over for each cruise. There are some silly features- the ability to schedule your day by hour, for example, and some that might be useful but I don't see myself using them (keeping track of spending or new cruise friends). The most valuable features, I think, are the deck plans and itineraries, but I've found several errors on these. Itinerary changes don't get updated and I've actually seen missing cabins. But, for $1.99, it's probably worth it.

Search on cruises in the App Store, and there is one particular one by a TA that's free that I find equally useful, except you have to be on the internet to use it. You can, however, access deck plans online that will then be available to you offline later.

I've had it for quite a while and have found it useful. I put my tours and my sister's or friend's tours into the planner because sometimes, I can't remember what I've scheduled every day or whether we're doing something together or not. I put their cabin #'s in the Contacts. They also have general descriptions of shore excursions in each port so I look at those when planning excursions. And, of course, I check the deck plans. The creators of the app listen to suggestions and keep on improving it.

Like Amarillo, I use another app frequently since it has all the deck plans for all cruise ships and lines and has pricing so you can get a rough idea of cost. It's by a TA so I can't mention it but if you search the app store for "cruise", you'll find it.

I was wondering if any of you have tried this app for your iPod Touch. I am mainly intererested in using it as a deck guide and guide to upcoming ports. The reviews are mixed.

On behalf of the many and varied Neanderthals, may we enquire as to just what an "app" is and it's purpose? Thanks

I have an Android phone and have downloaded it and it won't open. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it and still won't work. At this time I find this App worthless or maybe it just won't work on my phone.

There are different software versions for different Androids. Not all Androids support the latest versions. I suspect therein lies the problem.

On behalf of the many and varied Neanderthals, may we enquire as to just what an "app" is and it's purpose? Thanks
It's a program that runs on either an iTouch, iPad, iPhone or an Android smartphone or tablet. You select your cruise and it includes a ship deck plan, an itinerary where you can enter, by the day, activities or tours, a Contacts database where you can enter friends' names, cabin numbers and other info, a list of all the shore excursions (from the general Princess list) and descriptions but no pricing, a link to see where your ship is right now, it has a check list of things to bring, and a budget calculator where you enter potential bar tab, excursions, etc.

I have an Android phone and have downloaded it and it won't open. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it and still won't work. At this time I find this App worthless or maybe it just won't work on my phone.

Works fine on my android phone.

I like it for the tracker, the deck plans and the ship cam!

There are different software versions for different Androids. Not all Androids support the latest versions. I suspect therein lies the problem.

I also have the free version on an Android phone which works okay. It remembers the last cruise I viewed, how long until it sails, deck plans, bridge/chapel cams, current location map, itinerary & shore excursions. Each cruise line has an app & while it does not have the additional functions of the paid versions, I find it helpful for our future cruises.

It's a program that runs on either an iTouch, iPad, iPhone or an Android smartphone or tablet. You select your cruise and it includes a ship deck plan, an itinerary where you can enter, by the day, activities or tours, a Contacts database where you can enter friends' names, cabin numbers and other info, a list of all the shore excursions (from the general Princess list) and descriptions but no pricing, a link to see where your ship is right now, it has a check list of things to bring, and a budget calculator where you enter potential bar tab, excursions, etc.

Will this mean that Princess will no longer be placing in our cabins the free pen and the small note pad?

Thanks for the feedback. I have a few more days to decide if I NEED it. But since it's only a small price I might give it a try if just to have the deck plans in my pocket.

ONT-CA, An app is a software application for iPod Touch, all smart phones as well as the iPad. There are thousands of them for all sorts of catagories. I have travel ones, NYC subways, restaurants, recipes, Kindle, games, newspapers, Facebook, all kinds of reference material, medical data, bar code readers, photo editing software, my local tv new station, and many more. Much of what I have was free.

I have it for my android phone and it works great! I don't recall it costing anything, so maybe I got a free version...but it seems complete to me. I like looking at the deck plans for the upcoming cruise as well as the shore excursions. Even though the official shore excursions haven't been released for our cruise yet, it shows the typical ones so at least I can look through those until I can actually book ones on the Princess website. For me, it is a great way to kill time (mostly at work, LOL) for those obsessed with all things cruise :)

Will this mean that Princess will no longer be placing in our cabins the free pen and the small note pad?
No. :) There are many, many people who don't have a smart phone or tablet/iPad. However, that might be the case on Celebrity since there was no pen or paper in the cabin. I had to ask for it.

I have it for my android phone and it works great! I don't recall it costing anything, so maybe I got a free version...but it seems complete to me. I like looking at the deck plans for the upcoming cruise as well as the shore excursions. Even though the official shore excursions haven't been released for our cruise yet, it shows the typical ones so at least I can look through those until I can actually book ones on the Princess website. For me, it is a great way to kill time (mostly at work, LOL) for those obsessed with all things cruise :)

It's free on android

Archived