agapey chocolate tour

ehrlichpuppy

Someone had posted on a different thread that this company will be offering tours "soon". Does anyone know if this is true & will there be samples ? After all, chocolate IS one of the main food groups- chocolate, crunchy, salty, nutty & sweet LOL. Anyway, we would possibly be interested - maybe a chocolate/rum tour

I don't know if you have seen this but its dated today

http://www.agapey.com/aboutus.html

If they start doing tours before December, then I'd certainly be interested ....... probably along with most of the female cruisers visiting Barbados .... it would be a chore to go really, but one has to take heed of all the recent reports telling us that chocolate is healthy for us!!

i emailed them and they said hopefully in the fall. i'm sure they'll have sampling. their chocolate is really tasty and it only has 3 ingredients. here's a pic of their chocolate at the best of barbados store at the airport.

bestofbarbados2.jpg.c718ae60f28e61f4e857673d7d340706.jpg

i emailed them and they said hopefully in the fall. i'm sure they'll have sampling. their chocolate is really tasty and it only has 3 ingredients. here's a pic of their chocolate at the best of barbados store at the airport.

Yumm! I may have to this tour too!

After all, chocolate IS one of the main food groups- chocolate, crunchy, salty, nutty & sweet LOL.

Of course it is!!!!

Thanks for posting this and it looks this goes on my list of places to visit in Barbados next February :D

I just heard back- they expect to start the tours in (I think) September or October. I am having trouble getting into my yahoo or I would be able to tell you better. He said it is walking distance from the cruise dock but there is not a sidewalk all the way & he recomemended taking a taxi (which is what we would probaly do due to walking issues) They are currently taking reservations- again I would be happy to give the link but I can't access the email. I think if you go to their website & click on "tours" it is probably there.

I just heard back- they expect to start the tours in (I think) September or October. I am having trouble getting into my yahoo or I would be able to tell you better. He said it is walking distance from the cruise dock but there is not a sidewalk all the way & he recomemended taking a taxi (which is what we would probaly do due to walking issues) They are currently taking reservations- again I would be happy to give the link but I can't access the email. I think if you go to their website & click on "tours" it is probably there.

Thanks! I was able to book on their website via the "tours" link.

Edited by Lusitano

At quick glance, I didn't see anything on the tour page saying how long the tour is. Or how much it costs. I would love to know both as to see if I can do this along with another tour while we're in Barbadoes.

Thanx,

Erika

We have just received the following email further to booking via the Agapey website -

"Thank you for your pre-registration. Once our tour dates are scheduled, you will be notified. Please be advised that tours will be running only on selected days.

Check out our website for updates. We have also added some great photos of Barbados.

>http://www.agapey.com/barbadosphotos.html "

I hope there will be a tour on the day we are in Barbados, but at least they do have a shop in the cruise centre. :D

At quick glance, I didn't see anything on the tour page saying how long the tour is. Or how much it costs. I would love to know both as to see if I can do this along with another tour while we're in Barbadoes.

Thanx,

Erika

Erika- I think they are in very early stages of setting this up. they probly don't know yet. Also, it sounds like it may not be offered every day. I would go ahead & plan whatever you want to do & if the tour is offered on the day you are there, & you still want to do it , rearrange things

We have just received the following email further to booking via the Agapey website -

"Thank you for your pre-registration. Once our tour dates are scheduled, you will be notified. Please be advised that tours will be running only on selected days.

Check out our website for updates. We have also added some great photos of Barbados.

>http://www.agapey.com/barbadosphotos.html "

I hope there will be a tour on the day we are in Barbados, but at least they do have a shop in the cruise centre. :D

I got the same email. I really hope the tour is offered on the day my ship is in port.

I still think that the more interest is shown and more emails sent, then perhaps more tours will be on offer. I did mention in my reply email to them that quite a bit of interest was being shown on this forum and they thanked me for that information.

I still think that the more interest is shown and more emails sent, then perhaps more tours will be on offer. I did mention in my reply email to them that quite a bit of interest was being shown on this forum and they thanked me for that information.

that's a good idea to tell them that

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I sent them another email to see if they have anymore info yet. They said that they are still planning on starting sometime in October- start date still to be determined. They dom't know what day(s) it will be offered yet or the length. I don't know if it matters to anyone else, but my DH & I have some mobility issues & I was interested in knowing if it is all on one floor. He said that for now it is , if the tours go over well, they are planning on putting in a mezzanine level for viewing.

• 2 weeks later...