agapey chocolate tour

ehrlichpuppy

I know fellow CC members on this thread--someone will be going as soon as tours are official. We are all anxiously awaiting more info and I don't sail until March.

Please review--

overall tour -length,cost, what you thought and saw

how did you get there, and is it walkable being 3 blocks

samples or chocolate for sale

• 2 weeks later...

This is what I got from Agapey on September 26, so I'm crossing my fingers we actually get to do it.

"Hi Sally,

Thank you for your pre-registration.

Once our tour dates are scheduled, you will be notified. Please be advised

that tours will be running only on selected days.

*Most likely yes, it will be offered on your desired date but please wait

for our confirmation before scheduling it in just in case.

Check out our website for updates. We have also added some great photos of

Barbados.

http://www.agapey.com/barbadosphotos.html "

I'm looking forward to someones review before then.

St. Louis Sal

Thanks for all the great info....sent in the pre-registration today, we will be in Barbados in early Dec and hoping they will be set up by then......as chocolate in our house is one of the 5 main food groups too! Will post any response we get too!

Thanks for all the great info....sent in the pre-registration today, we will be in Barbados in early Dec and hoping they will be set up by then......as chocolate in our house is one of the 5 main food groups too! Will post any response we get too!

Waiting... I really want to know how they make their chocolate.

Mmm, me too ....... and I really want to know what it tastes like and if there are free samples!! :D

Counting on samples :D Maybe tehn I won't feel bad purchasing higher priced Agapey Bars. With all the hype on "healthy" choclate I want to learn more about truth of antioxidants and heat

process.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, we've done it! Our emails and contacts with Agapey has reaped success at last. I received the following reply today -

"Great news, due to the high interest in our chocolate factory, the tours

will be starting in 1-2 weeks. The dates/info will be posted sometime next

week.

Thanks for your interest in our factory.

Alex

Customer Service

AGAPEY CHOCOLATE FACTORY

Old Colgate Palmolive Building,

Harbour Industrial Park,

Bridgetown, St. Michael

Barbados, West Indies BB15156

Tel: 246-426-8505 (Factory)

Tel: 416-309-8932 (Office)

Fax: 416-850-5130"

Get your taste buds at the ready folks :D

Well, we've done it! Our emails and contacts with Agapey has reaped success at last. I received the following reply today -

"Great news, due to the high interest in our chocolate factory, the tours

will be starting in 1-2 weeks. The dates/info will be posted sometime next

week.

Thanks for your interest in our factory.

Alex

Customer Service

AGAPEY CHOCOLATE FACTORY

Old Colgate Palmolive Building,

Harbour Industrial Park,

Bridgetown, St. Michael

Barbados, West Indies BB15156

Tel: 246-426-8505 (Factory)

Tel: 416-309-8932 (Office)

Fax: 416-850-5130"

Get your taste buds at the ready folks :D

Finally some news on it. Awaiting details. I hope they offer an afternoon tour for those of us that do island larger tours in am. But, we can't ask for the world. Now the next step is a tour review hee hee...

Your will likely be our test canary. :p

I think there will be a few other folks going in November; we go in December. Hopefully someone will let us all know how their tour went, but if not I will do the honours after Christmas/New Year as we don't get back home until then :)

Please do the honor (honour -if you spell it John Heald way) and look forward to your take and review on it. I hope they offer an am and pm tour..can you please ask, as larger excursion in am, then close one pier in pm.

Here's the new web page for the tour - http://www.agapey.com/chocolatefactory.html#tour

Looks like they need a minimum of 10 to do the tour.

Its the best indication yet that they are definitely getting their act together on the tours. The website actually states a maximum of 10 but a minimum of 5 and they will put groups together so its okay if there are only one or two folk wanting to go as long as we book in advance. $10 USD and a 45 minute tour also given now so that's very helpful too.

Erniesband, thanks for that, you're a star! :D

You can request the tour on the Web site and Alex, the guy at the chocolate factory, will set everything up for you. They offer tours at 10AM and 2PM. You pick which one you prefer when you pre-register. If they get at least five people signed up for your requested tour, they will let you know and then you make a deposit, which I'm guessing is actually the full $10 fee.

Be sure to bring closed toe shoes if you want to do it. Open toed shoes/sandals/high heels are not allowed.

Edited by knotheadusc

Its the best indication yet that they are definitely getting their act together on the tours. The website actually states a maximum of 10 but a minimum of 5 and they will put groups together so its okay if there are only one or two folk wanting to go as long as we book in advance. $10 USD and a 45 minute tour also given now so that's very helpful too.

Erniesband, thanks for that, you're a star! :D

It helps if I pay attention to what I'm reading :rolleyes:

5 minimum, 10 max is right.

We've got the 5 minimum and DW just e-mailed the reservation form so now we're waiting to find out about the deposit. By the looks of it the site is NOT secure and I certainly won't be giving CC info on an un-secured site. Guess we wait and see.

So for payment there is a link on reservation page that takes you to the chocolate factory's paypal account. It's a secure site so we used a credit card. We paid in full for all 5 of us. We won't be there till late January so hopefully one of you going earlier can give us a review.

Chocolate = the 5th food group.

Agapey are doing it for us. We're not doing it ourselves so no problem!

Besides, my cruise only has 110 people on it, so there is no official roll call. I tried asking on the board who was going and no one piped up. Our cruise ends on the 20th, so technically by then I'll be a hotel guest, not a cruiser.

:p

• 3 weeks later...
You can request the tour on the Web site and Alex, the guy at the chocolate factory, will set everything up for you. They offer tours at 10AM and 2PM. You pick which one you prefer when you pre-register. If they get at least five people signed up for your requested tour, they will let you know and then you make a deposit, which I'm guessing is actually the full $10 fee.

Be sure to bring closed toe shoes if you want to do it. Open toed shoes/sandals/high heels are not allowed.

I had recently "wished" they had later tours- since many excursions further away were done in morning. My wish has been granted. Thanks for posting 2pm info.