What am I going to do????

sobern2003

My Mom is planning another cruise for us .It will be me ,her,and my sister and her husband and twin daughters.the problem is ,it is not until November of 2013! How on earth am I supposed to get through the next 2 1/2 years before I am finally back on board a ship ,sailing happily toward Key West and Cozumel?Darn it! I want to go now!! LOL

Becky

My latest countdown started at 730 days...now downto 202 days. Don't worry, it will pass just like that! I've kept busy planning shore excursions, shipboard meet and greets, etc.. Be sure to join or start a Roll Call for your sailing too.

Happy sailing! :)

Figure out how to take a short one before then. Our next cruise was not scheduled until October 2012(14 day), but, I decided I couldn't wait that long so found a short 5 day one to go on to hold me over. We take that cruise in November of this year. We booked it in June.

That's what I did this week. I booked my May 2012 Liberty B2B 3 months ago...I reached a point where I realized I needed a vacation so Thursday morning, I walked into my boss's office and asked her if I could take a week off in August, she said yes, and ten minutes later I had booked the Glory out of New York for a short cruise.

If I were you and booking another cruise in the mean time is not possible, I would start a cruise bank fund. I'd put a dollar a day (or more) in it and watch it grow. I'd also have a calendar so I could mark off the days.

If I were you and booking another cruise in the mean time is not possible, I would start a cruise bank fund. I'd put a dollar a day (or more) in it and watch it grow. I'd also have a calendar so I could mark off the days.

Love this idea!!! We are going to Alaska Sept. 2012! The fund starts today!

Awesome idea! I'm cruising April 2012 so I might up it to $2 a day. :D

I had a seven year period where I did not go on a cruise. I finally sailed again in 2005, then another 5 year dry spell. Sailed again in 2010, have one booked for this November, and am looking for one for March 2012.

I will never wait that long to cruise again!

My Mom is planning another cruise for us .It will be me ,her,and my sister and her husband and twin daughters.the problem is ,it is not until November of 2013! How on earth am I supposed to get through the next 2 1/2 years before I am finally back on board a ship ,sailing happily toward Key West and Cozumel?Darn it! I want to go now!! LOL

Becky

Ok I'll quit griping about mine not being 'til Jan 2013!!:o

I had a seven year period where I did not go on a cruise. I finally sailed again in 2005, then another 5 year dry spell. Sailed again in 2010, have one booked for this November, and am looking for one for March 2012.

I will never wait that long to cruise again!

My dry spell is over 8 years. Took 2 in 03 (one in june, one in july) and DF and I are going on our first together in August of this year :)

Uh, book a cruise for this year? :rolleyes:

I really wish I could! Money is an issue for one thing.and for another ,all hell has broken loose at my job lately....people just up and quitting their jobs,so I am working a lot more and anothe vacation right now is out of the question. Perhaps I can sneak one in next year.

becky

Thanks everyone for your replies. I will start a fund to save for my onboard expenses and excursions and soveniers. My Mom is paying for the cruise out of money she wiil be saving by quitting smoking. I truly hope she makes it,and not just because of the cruise. I quit last year and and amazed at how much money I have saved!! over 2600 bucks!!

Becky

One year, four days, 9 hours, 29 minutes and 54 seconds. 18469 cigarettes not smoked, saving $2,641.18. Life saved: 9 weeks, 1 day, 3 hours, 5 minutes.

What are you going to do? Simple. You are going to do the same things you would do if you didn't have a cruise booked for November 2013.

It's nice having something to look forward to. But don't wish your life away either. There may be a day when you are 90 that you wish you could have the 28 months of your youth between now and 11/13 back to enjoy.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I will start a fund to save for my onboard expenses and excursions and soveniers. My Mom is paying for the cruise out of money she wiil be saving by quitting smoking. I truly hope she makes it,and not just because of the cruise. I quit last year and and amazed at how much money I have saved!! over 2600 bucks!!

Becky

One year, four days, 9 hours, 29 minutes and 54 seconds. 18469 cigarettes not smoked, saving $2,641.18. Life saved: 9 weeks, 1 day, 3 hours, 5 minutes.

Good for you and your mom to quit! Congratulations - enjoy all the $$ you save.

Archived