Silly question about the Constellation Solsticezation

jjl64

Here is a silly question for people who have sailed on the Constellation after the solstice refit. In the bathrooms, did they replace the shower curtains with actual doors?

We have booked the Summit again for next year after it also undergoes its Solsticezation, and the only thing we didn't like about our last cruise on the Summit was the shower curtain that sticks to every part of your body no matter what you do!

I was hoping this will change.

Here is a silly question for people who have sailed on the Constellation after the solstice refit. In the bathrooms, did they replace the shower curtains with actual doors?

No, they didn't :(

The shower curtain was a heavier material and didn't cling to your body! That's what I noticed. We also noticed how nice the rugs were, even soft and dry goods, including curtains and furniture covers were new and much nicer than previously.

We just love Constellation and this made it nicer.

I hope that they were changed. Last cruise, beds were awful.

No

How about outside furniture? I thought the old strap loungers and chairs were in rough condition on the Summit...about my only complaint really.

No

I take large hair clips that I use to hold the beach towels to the lounge chairs and I also us them to clip the bottom of the shower curtain on each side. This holds the shower curtain tight and it even works for my DH who seems to elbow it constantly as he showers.

Our balcony loungers (FV class room) had the nice comfy cloth padded covers on them, so even if there were straps under there, what was against your skin was a durable cloth. Most of the loungers around the pool and t-pool also had these same covers.

Are they now offering the Happy Hour cocktails on the Millinneum class ships as they are on the Solstice class? If so, is it in Michael's Bar? Trish

Hi Twopats !

The Elite Lounge is offered on all Celebrity ships. It can be held at Michael's Club or a larger venue, depending on how many Elite members are onboard. The location will be known once onboard.

Enjoy your Cruise !

OK, now I'm concerned. Can I get some more opinions on the beds on Connie? I realize that bed comfort can be subjective, but how bad is bad? Are we in for two weeks of bed hell? :confused:

Thanks for all of the replies! The shower curtain was a very minor inconvenience and I'm sure we will enjoy our next cruise to Bermuda on Summit.

:)

I'm glad this came up. I had forgotten after cruising on S class. I'll take my plastic clothes pins to put on the bottom of the shower curtain to keep it under control.

OK, now I'm concerned. Can I get some more opinions on the beds on Connie? I realize that bed comfort can be subjective, but how bad is bad? Are we in for two weeks of bed hell? :confused:

The beds were a little hard, but you can ask your stateroom attendant for a cushioned pad to put on top of the matress. It is one of those foam pads with the little bumps on it. It did help.:)

Are they now offering the Happy Hour cocktails on the Millinneum class ships as they are on the Solstice class? If so, is it in Michael's Bar? Trish

We just got back from Bermuda on the Summit last week and the Captain's Club Elite member cocktail party was every night from 5pm-7pm in Michael's Club. :)

The beds were a little hard, but you can ask your stateroom attendant for a cushioned pad to put on top of the matress. It is one of those foam pads with the little bumps on it. It did help.:)

They did not change to the curved S-class style mattresses when they did the reno? Only changed the sheets and covers?

They did not change to the curved S-class style mattresses when they did the reno? Only changed the sheets and covers?

I know our mattress wasn't new. I think they replaced a lot of the mattresses a year or two earlier and they probably replace them on a rotating basis. I don't know why they'd replace them just because they changed the carpeting and bedspreads. I doubt they replaced all the sheets too - why would you throw out a perfectly good white sheet? I'm sure those only get replaced if and when they show excess wear. The mattresses were not great but they were not bad either. There were a lot of things on the ship that were not touched. Yes it was a major refurbishment, but they didn't strip everything down to bare metal and start out from that. Most of the refurbishment was in rearranging a few public areas and a complete replacement of all soft goods. I know that short sentence sort of understates things but that is basically it.

They don't usually replace all decor related soft good at once, and may not have needed to for purely wear and tear reasons, but they did update the overall decor and that was a reason to do all the soft goods at once - you couldn't do such a massive decor update and do it few room at a time while the ship was in service. But you can replace mattresses that way.

Archived