VIP embarkment in Tampa

ChCo38

Does anyone know if there is a separate entrance for VIPs in Tampa. When we cruised out of Ft. Lauderdale there was but at that time we were not VIPs. Thanks

From what I've gathered here on Cruise Critic, that answer would be:

Sometimes yes, and sometimes no.

I personally like Port of Tampa, but in all my sailings from that location, there was zero division of the entry of VIP passengers until completely through the upstairs security/x-ray experience.

The times I asked at the front entry doors, I received a 'look', and advised to follow everyone else . . . so I did just that.

Not a separate entrance, no. Everyone goes through the same security at the very beginning. When we got there at about 11:30, there were few people and the security check went pretty quickly. After security there is a separate line for VIP which takes you into a separate room were you get to sit down while being checked in. After checking in, a Carnival employee walks you onto the ship. I thought it all went smoothly and quickly. But get there early....

Debarkation went even smoother and quicker.

I really like the Tampa port. It's much better than Los Angeles.

Bob

hey bob

hope everything is going good. i remembered seeing that you have been on the Paradise before. We are thinking about booking a cruise on it for next summer. As you probably know the Inspiration and the Paradise are swapping ports. what did you think of the Paradise? i read a review on it and it got slammed. course the main issue in that review was the crew was warn out so they say. course by June next year the crew will have swapped out twice, so kinda a mute point.

we cruised the Inspiration last year. it was great.

chris

hey bob

hope everything is going good. i remembered seeing that you have been on the Paradise before. We are thinking about booking a cruise on it for next summer. As you probably know the Inspiration and the Paradise are swapping ports. what did you think of the Paradise?

Hi Chris,

I really like the Paradise. It's just a bit smaller than the Legend, but it has a nice layout. It's really the same ship as the Inspiration so you will be familiar with the layout.

I will say that the decor is gaudier than the Legend, and the last time we sailed on her the food and service was lacking. I know things change from cruise to cruise, but food and service are products of the quality of management, and our last cruise was C grade quality at best.

You never know if they will change management by then, but hopefully they will.

Not much else I can say. They are sister ships so the big difference will be crew.

Hope all is well with you. We didn't get home until July 6th. Great time had by one and all.

Shoot me an email some day.... my login name @att.net

Bob

Does anyone know if there is a separate entrance for VIPs in Tampa. When we cruised out of Ft. Lauderdale there was but at that time we were not VIPs. Thanks

We used Tampa VIP last week. The line as you enter the terminal is the same for everyone until you get through security. After you go through security screening, you will find the VIP line. This is different than we've encountered at other ports. We were quickly checked in and treated well. After checking in, we were led to a seating area where we waited until they told us that embarkation had started. Once embarkation started, we were allowed to board right after the wedding party. Enjoy your cruise.

We just sailed out of Tampa on the Inspiration last week. We noticed that the VIP lounge was just a small area that seemed like a cubicle. When the Platinum passengers were called I noticed that most of them were seated in the chairs with the non Platinum passengers.

When I sail on the Legend in January, it will be my 10th cruise. My question is...the rest of my party will not be platinum. Will they be able to board with me?

That depends on the size of your party. If it's just 2 of you, they usually have no trouble with that. If you are traveling with a group of people, then they may have a problem with that.

On our cruise in June there were 4 of us in 2 cabins. 3 of the 4 were platinum, and the platinum desk didn't raise an eyebrow. I guess it also helped that the 1 non was rooming with a platinum.

I think Carnival is pretty forgiving about this, as long as we don't abuse the privilege.

Bob

Archived