Am I The Only One?????

cruzaddict

What's your favorite music to dance to? What songs?

Disco? Hip Hop? Funk? new school or old school, R & B? Motown?

Any favorite dances? :rolleyes: Talk to me, I've never seen a Disco thread before and I'm really interested!

Polka? Fox Trot? Lindey hop? Bristol Stomp? Mashed Potatos? Waltz? Pony? Stroll? Cha Cha? Tango? Jerk? Skate? Gumby?? Bart? Running Man? Got any dance names for me?:confused:

Hi Beer Belly........... I guess I kinda like "old school",songs like: Brick House,etc.....I think that's old school. I'm not really into disco.....I just love to dance...period!! Great topic! The "electric slide" is always fun on a cruise!

Hi Shelley,

Oh yeh, I forgot about the Electric Slide! That is lots of fun. Brick House is always a good tune. I think that would be considered disco era music.

Salsa is sure fun too! I like most music except head banger stuff. I'm probably older than most on the dance floor shakin' my groove thing but dancing is something I try to do everyday. I hope you report back after your cruise and let us know about the disco! Thanks,

Nancy:D

Hi Nancy.....yeah,I guess it would be 70's huh? Oh well, I'm pretty much like you,I like all kinds of music too. I will surely let you know how the disco was when I get back.....are you scheduled to cruise in the near future????

hi all, we cruised the summit 2/18.....no "disco" due to CDC that didn't start until after we cruised. the only disco music from the dj that we heard was at 12:30am in reflections, after big band music. yes, we missed having the actual disco lounge.

something was amiss on the summit this time...we were on in 2002 also.

cruise director was "mia" alot and there were no horse races. we thought the shopping area was minimal on board. can't put my finger on it, but something was happening. We had a great time anyway! who wouldn't in 80+ degree weather, in the middle of the ocean, with friends and family??

we're going RC from now on....mg

Hi GioFamily....thanks for the post. I heard that the regular disco started after the CDS thing was over? And isn't "reflections" the disco? If that's where the music was coming from.....I would think that's the disco right? I'm not too worried about the horse races myself,but that's just me!

Hi Geo

I don't remember having horse races on Summit last year and we just got off and never expected to have them. We've sailed Celeb 14 times and only in the very beginning did they have the horse races.

That being said - who was the cruise director? John Howell was ours and he was always around, everywhere, whenever we looked. Sorry you had a bad experience.

hi all, i can't remember the name of the disco...i thought reflections was the one with the round dance floor that can be seen from the martini lounge (above) that was the only dance floor open.

as far as the horse racing...i think that stopped after our 2002 cruise. (might've had something to do with our rowdiness over it!! we had so much fun!)

it wasn't a bad experience, just very different from previous summit. the kids also missed "notes" where they had so much fun in there before. one night my son actually fell asleep listening to music...and we found him there at 1am. (after much panic)

i also don't remember our CD's name

again, to each his/her own! regards, mary

Bill, :) The Rende-Voux is located outside the dining room. Did I miss something?:eek: Thought they were asking about the disco. Most are located way forward.

Yep, to each his/her own. I love X ships....but that is just me;)

Hey Shelley,

we're headed out on the Mercury Dec 2 for a Mexican Riviera run. We were recently on RC Radiance of the Seas and I did have fun in the disco. It got going pretty good a couple nights and then other nights it was dead.

I'm hoping there will dancers and good music on Celebrity. It'll be our first cruise with them. Of course, the disc jockey makes all the differance. Hopefully we'll both get ones who play:D the music that just won't let you sit down!

oh, forgot to mention, Loved the "Smashed Potato Dancer" :o Hah!

I for one enjoy the horse races. Please don't tell me there is no bingo on the Summit. Im beginning to feel like Im going on a sleepy cruise. Never cruising onCelebrity I really don't know what to expect.

I know there is no such thing as a bad cruise. Just love being on those ships.

Cruzaddict, yes Im the one who is cruising with my sister. I have butterflies just thinking about how close it is getting.

My last (and Favorite) cruise to this day was on the Princess Grand. Non-stop fun. I hope we will be happy with Celebrity.

Mary Beth

Hey MaryBeth,I remember you saying that you and your sister were crazy! I look forwarad to meeting you. Don't worry.....it's my first celebrity cruise too,so I too am very worried about the same things as you,but everyone here has assured me that we will have lots of fun. We'll just make our own fun if we have to....that disco better be open every night though.......or else!!! ha ha!

Hi All, Im cruzaddict's pal from Ohio and we always have a good time in the disco...as she can attest when its dance time its TEQUILA time!!! Glad to hear the disco is popping and im sure we will all have a good time..cant wait!!

Archived