Freedom Cabin 2214

skowtko

My husband and I are going to be staying in this cabin in September. We were curious if anyone has any pictures of have stayed in this cabin before. It is a forward room. Also if you have any other things that would be helpful to us this will be our first cruise on the Freedom we would appreciate you sharing.:)

How did you happen to get this cabin. It sure is very far forward. I have stayed far forward, but only if I can get a port hole cabin and see out for a inside price.

You will feel more motion and perhaps hear the waves hitting the hull if its rough, plus you probably will still hear docking noises like I have on the outside.

Im in 2217 my next cruise, but I picked it for the port holes.

I booked through ES and this is what they gave me. We don't get motion sickness so I hope that it will be ok. The last cruise we were booked under the main pool and I will never do that again we heard noises all night long.

I booked through ES and this is what they gave me. We don't get motion sickness so I hope that it will be ok. The last cruise we were booked under the main pool and I will never do that again we heard noises all night long.

If you booked ES you can pick your cabin, there is no "they" unless you had a booking agent who thought you didnt care.

Its a longer walk to the elevator, but Im sure you will be ok. .. but as I said it is noisy. When I say noise from waves crashing .. its like a sonic boom. Its loud enough to wake you up.

My husband and I are going to be staying in this cabin in September. We were curious if anyone has any pictures of have stayed in this cabin before. It is a forward room. Also if you have any other things that would be helpful to us this will be our first cruise on the Freedom we would appreciate you sharing.:)[/Q

I booked 2216 and I think that is similar to 2214 - 2 portholes, SINGLE bed and couch. Not sure if there is an upper bunk.

What date are you sailing? I'm on the 9/24/11.

2216 is a 1A .. they were asking about a 4A cabin with two twins.

I stayed in 2211, which is the same, but not sure I still have my pictures. Its a nice large cabin. I booked 2217 on my upcoming Triumph Im doing solo. Great cabin for the price.

2216 is a 1A .. they were asking about a 4A cabin with two twins.

I stayed in 2211, which is the same, but not sure I still have my pictures. Its a nice large cabin. I booked 2217 on my upcoming Triumph Im doing solo. Great cabin for the price.

Ahhh...ok don't know why I was thinking 2214 would be enxt to 2216 (guess it was too early in the a.m. and brain hadn't woken up yet :p)

Ahhh...ok don't know why I was thinking 2214 would be enxt to 2216 (guess it was too early in the a.m. and brain hadn't woken up yet :p)

2214 is an inside cabin 2216 is a PT hole cabin (1a) which has an upper bed and a lower bed. (is that what you wanted to book?

these cabins are also under the main show lounge. Dancers rehearsal is around midnight.

VERY long walk to the food/pools every day---sometimes twice.

2214 is an inside cabin 2216 is a PT hole cabin (1a) which has an upper bed and a lower bed. (is that what you wanted to book?

these cabins are also under the main show lounge. Dancers rehearsal is around midnight.

VERY long walk to the food/pools every day---sometimes twice.

Serene I know your heart is in the right place, but most of us know 2216 is not a upper and lower.

Look for pictures if you dont want to take people's word for it. You have given out bad advice on 1As before.

Here is a link to the cabin set up on some 1As, (not for Dream/magic)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=839087&highlight=2462

DD and I booked cabin 2217 on Freedom for Oct. Any pictures of this cabin?? Anyone want to share how it was for them?? Thanks

if you do a search on this forum for 2217, Im sure pictures will pop up.

this link might have pictures that I posted to serene too, as I see some posts, but would have to search for pictures.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=839087&highlight=2462

the cabin is a twin and a convertible sofa and the pillows come off the back of the sofa to make it a bed. Its just shy of the OV size of 220 s.f.

Nice and roomy. I managed to snag it on Triumph coming up .. shhhh, lets not let everyone know how great of a cabin it is. I was lucky to get it for this nov as I just booked a couple of days ago.

Last year we were in 2212 and 2216 both port holes...single bed and a sofa that they make into a bed. Don't have any advice really on the room across the hall but, yes very far forward and a long walk to everything (we don't mind) but looking down the hallway it goes on forever and forever LOL Noise, only noise we heard were occassional loud "booms" from the waves hitting the side of the ship, but we could sleep though and explosion so the noise didnt bother us LOL. We dont care what anyone says to us about the locations we pick we cruise according to price, we dont get seasick and are happy to just be cruising...:D heck our next cruise we went from portholes to an inside but higher up.

If you booked ES you can pick your cabin, there is no "they" unless you had a booking agent who thought you didnt care.

Its a longer walk to the elevator, but Im sure you will be ok. .. but as I said it is noisy. When I say noise from waves crashing .. its like a sonic boom. Its loud enough to wake you up.

I'v stayed in 2202 twice and 2208 once and in 12 foot seas the sonic boom was horrendous, but in calm seas no noise at all.

Archived