Splendor embarkation question

Ashera0

Sorry for yet another boring post about embarkation, but I am a bit confused on how this works on the Splendor if you have VIP and are driving your own car. Do you drop off the luggage someplace first, then park the car and then walk to a special VIP area? Or park first and carry the luggage someplace? I will have the luggage tags printed ahead of time. Traveling with little ones so I want to minimize walking across large parking lots etc. with a bunch of luggage. Thanks everyone for explaining!:)

I disagree with the previous post. I have cruised out of Long Beach a lot, most recently 3 weeks ago. When you come into the terminal area, the designed flow is to drop off your bags, then park. You can give the bags to the porter, then if you have someone who can take the kids, one of you can take them over to vip check in (outside the dome to the left) while the other one parks the car. Stay to the left after dropping off your bags to go into the parking structure. When you get there, it will all be simple and obvious to see.

Enjoy

Ron

The VIP building is just across the street from the porters.

It is one the left hand side of this picture

DSCF0452.jpg

If you aren't checking in early, then after you check in, you will go over to the dome and go to the doors all the way to the right. Keep your S&S cards out to show the person at the door.

LBdomeline.jpg

Since you have little ones, there are restrooms behind the VIP building.

Agree with the others..it is quite easy to navigate Long Beach Port...picture an airporrt where the multilevel parking lot is right across from the passenger drop off..pull up, pull over, unload bags, wife and kids..porter takes bags(family stays with carry-ons)..you park, in 10 minutes you are back with the family and walking right up to the terminal entrance with signs and employees to point you in the right direction. (don't forget to tip the porters..it gives you great piece of mind that your bags will get to the right place! haha)

We were on Splendor 2 spring breaks ago and will be on her again in September!!!!

LPC

We park and schlep our luggage into the elevator. We normally do carryon. Dragging it into the VIP building with us. If needed we can backtrack 5 steps and hand our luggage to the porters.

Looking at Rosefloaters second pix. Go to the front of the right hand line after check in.

Hint--If you want to avoid the embarkation photo take the elevator inside the Dome.

Archived