celebrity summit

nextrip

When is Summit due to her refit again. Sorry forgot???

Thanks Michael

January 2012. Her first sailing after drydock is January 28th.

January 2012. Her first sailing after drydock is January 28th.

That's good, we are looking at going on a March 2012 to the Southern Caribbean on Summitt. I am glad to hear so many good reports about the ship.

We just returned 7/24. We were pleasantly surprised by the variety & quality of the food in the main dining room (we had not cruised X in over a year). In the past, I'd found many foods to be over salted (for my taste- and not just on X, but on most lines). However, although the foods were certainly not salt-free, they were definitely not over-salted. Almost everything was received at the proper temperature. I think this was due to our excellent waiter (Victor and his assistant Rudy), who were prompt and efficient (plus very personable).

Unfortunately, our DD and new son-in-law (and their bridal party) were sitting at an adjacent table with a different waiter (Nely) who did not care to serve a "bunch of kids" (25-35 year olds). He served his other tables first, and when those tables were finished, he served them. They wouldn't receive their entrees until most other diners had left. They were lucky to get napkins on some nights. We did complain to the head waiter and to other staff. Service did not improve, and my DD and her tablemates ate elsewhere. This was the first X cruise for all at that table- and will certainly be the last (although several, like our DD, are experienced cruisers). DD & DSIL love RCL and were, overall, very unimpressed with X compared to their RCL cruises.

Hi Jersey Gem,

Hope the wedding went well. :)

I am astonished at your report of the waiter service at your daughter's table. Could there be any reason at all for this? Were they not all seated on time? Did they take too long to order? And I just do not understand that a complaint to the Maitre'd did not have any effect. Really sorry to hear the wedding party was treated so badly.

Anne

Hi Jersey Gem,

Hope the wedding went well. :)

I am astonished at your report of the waiter service at your daughter's table. Could there be any reason at all for this? Were they not all seated on time? Did they take too long to order? And I just do not understand that a complaint to the Maitre'd did not have any effect. Really sorry to hear the wedding party was treated so badly.

Anne

Hi Anne, me too. Last time I was on Summit was in February and

our table had an issue. We spoke with the Maitr'd (actually we

talked with him after dinner) and things were fixed from the next

night forward.

Jersey Gem, I am very sorry to hear of the problems. Things never

improved? I would have gone to the Maitr'd's boss.....that would be

The Restaurant Manager. Someone in the area of responsibility

would have known about this lack of service.

I do hope at least they enjoyed some of the cruise and hope the

wedding went well.:)

The wedding was beautiful-although a lot of last minute changes by the so-called wedding planner. (I didn't realize until we boarded that X didn't really have a wedding planner, as advertised, but turned you over to a group services coordinator who was fine with our group activites but knew very little about weddings!). But the Captain is a charming man who spent extra time at the wedding for pixs, etc (and, for those of you who read my pre-cruise posts, he does speak English very well!). He invited DD and DSIL to the bridge for the sail-away from Bermuda. Pixs are beautiful (I'll try to figure out how to post one soon!).

Re DD's waiter: they all were seated promptly and would love to have ordered asap- if they had not been ignored. Even when they ordered promptly, they did not receive their food until Nely had taken care of all his other tables (soup to nuts!). Another example- DD ordered lobster; when everyone was served, she asked if he would help her take it out of the shell. He said No! and walked away. The waiter for our table went over and helped her (and others at her table). Our waiter told us that Nely was not a new waiter (and that he had more experience than our waiter- who was wonderful).

We have complained "further up" and will continue to do so with a letter to corporate headquarters.

DD and almost everyone at that table are young professionals (mostly medical fields) who frequent fancy restaurants in Philadelphia and NYC. They are used to excellent service and tip generously. While they do not cruise frequently (with DD's work schedule and getting coverage while she's away, she's only cruised three times this past year), these young people are the future of the cruiselines. As I mentioned earlier, none will consider cruising X again.

Sorry to hear about lack of service for DD's table. At least your service was good. Shows how everything is hit or miss on any vacation. Also shows that most reviews/opinions are very subjective, case in point is that your DD doesn't cruise frequently, Just 3 times this year, thats about 6 years or cruises for me. :)

I am so glad the wedding went well. I just knew you were going to like Capt. Costas. :) Truly the nicest one I have ever met.

Re. the service. This is so bad that I suspect maybe Nely is not planning on coming back. Only explanation I can come up with. Very, very unprofessional on his part. If you get an explanation from corporate, I hope you will come back and let us know. Good luck.

Anne

I am so glad the wedding went well. I just knew you were going to like Capt. Costas. :) Truly the nicest one I have ever met.

Re. the service. This is so bad that I suspect maybe Nely is not planning on coming back. Only explanation I can come up with. Very, very unprofessional on his part. If you get an explanation from corporate, I hope you will come back and let us know. Good luck.

Anne

"The Bride's" other parent here. Poor comment cards do not help retention . . . particularly when those same cards say good things about cabin staff, bar servers etc.

Sorry to hear about lack of service for DD's table. At least your service was good. Shows how everything is hit or miss on any vacation. Also shows that most reviews/opinions are very subjective, case in point is that your DD doesn't cruise frequently, Just 3 times this year, thats about 6 years or cruises for me. :)

Great line! ROFLMAO

Glad to here that the wedding went well. Sorry to hear about the dining room service :(

Can't wait to hear about th wedding details... Will be stalking the wedding pages for your review.

All the best.

Andrea

Archived